/LUNARCORE/

/LUNARCORE/
>Last one three hunna edition..
We're gonna drag this dead 2013 meme into the future..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZJmEMeY6KVs
pinterest.co.uk/pin/403775922821491484/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where my lunarlads at?

Does anyone have a link to the hats used in Alien Covenant? I fucing love that style of hat that covers your ears

oy sorry mate was in the old thread.

'sup

MIRIN THE LUNAR FIT BRAH.

Living the dream, man. This would slip right into the subconscious over your average joe, who would recognize design elements, proportions and pieces as vaguely familiar, yet still manage to throw him into light cognitive dissonance on account of how you've used the fit as a whole to frame the pieces that comprise it into something they've never seen yet somehow remember quite clearly.
For me that's key to a lot of futurism in aesthetic movements and science as a whole - you change the way you're making use of what already exists, recombining unintended theories, ideals or pieces. This practice is what gives us, over time, new eras in technology, art and design.

Nice.

Someone asked about a poncho that looked all high tech in the last thread? I believe I may have found it. It's marketed towards private military operators, and you can tineye pic related if you see this post, user.

my only lunar fit desu

This is the most fedora-tier post I've ever seen. My sides are in orbit.

Are you even done with college? High School? Do you have your masters yet? Do you think my post would be more palatable if I went through and dumbed it all down over the course of a half hour?

Srs kid, fashion industry, music industry, various design fields, you're gonna run into this 'fedora' tier shit, because it's actually really hard to communicate the subtler mechanisms of culture with single syllable words.

Holy fucking shit are you even a real person? I can't take your irony

Listen kiddo, everything you consider academia outside of hard science is a circle jerk using big words, plain and simple, and the "intelligentsia" you clearly aspire to join is antithetic to true science. Case in point, talking about race realism got Watson (discoverer of DNA) thrown out of Science™.

If the loquacious nature of the paradigm present within my post exceeds the typical boundaries of your pre conceived notions of the post modern axiom of academia yadayada no one talks like this you sprig.

>youtu.be/ZJmEMeY6KVs

Listen to this. This is the argument for ethnonationalism wrapped up in the pseudo intellectual flowery bullshit doublespeak you seem to love spouting. Get a grip son.

Come on man, stop poisoning the thread cause you don't like the way I was taught to to write for 8 years. Please.

A lot of the art world is almost a direct extension of academia, anyway. I'm tired, man chill.last thread was good.

u suck

^^^^^^^^^
sick burn

You started it when you tried to patronise that other user for calling you a fedoralord

Here's the new rule for you buddy. Post pictures, not words. There's a good sport

f e d o r a

>be drawkun/pixel
>start new lunarthread cause other was full
>come back hrs later..
>thread has TWO ACTUAL LUNARFITS FROM REAL PPL
>and there's a sperg war going on with Psuedo...

OI! he fucking started with the fedoralord shit, like thinking about outfits as a cultural text is something shameful. I'm sorry, but i can't help the way I've been educated and the way I've learned to explain essentially vague shit to the people I work with and for.

I wasn't trying to patronize either, bru - I'm honestly surprised that discussing symbols, cultural touchpoints and the collective unconscious is frowned upon, on a fashion board.

It's always been a massive boon in my own creative professional life. Whatevs, dude, don't want static. I gotta take it easy,

That's the way the dehydrated nutrient ration crumbles

You came across as a massive dick talking down to him for calling you out for your overuse of spergy blog posting

Veeky Forums is often curt and colloquial. If you have a Great Wall of text, try to edit it concisely and catch the balance between low and high brow, you must be able to adapt to the common parlance and tone or you're no better than a lost Redditor. With that in mind let's move on

Kanye actually made something pretty cool

Winter lunar?

Snow trooper boots

Dead Space core

Cav Empt utility vest

The pants we've seen in several recent fits.

Qt lunar chinks

Hapa Futurism?

People often forget curves are an important part of an astronaut outfit

I really like these. Off White Nike collab

I think this is Aoukuwear or Gorrila Group

Tank Trooper Best Trooper

Dune cosplay

Boba Fett boots

Dune is incredible

"Boba Fett" nikelabs custom sf boots

Another Nike x Off White

Should I?

Last one - Japanese workmen

I think I've made it up to Pixelanon for Pseudo's autism and my derailing

Puma x Han Kjobenhavn tsugi kori drizzle

Not airtight nor the sickest space shoes but available now.

Puma tsugi shinsey, current ones.

It’s too cold to wear t-shirts right now. What could I wear underneath a jacket that fits the lunacore aesthetic?

I really enjoyed your post man
For some reason a lot of posters here seem to mock you, I don't get why

>"VULCANIZED"
Kill yourself man

A technical sweater in an interesting color
A used keffieh scarf in grey/sand color
Anything from uniqlo's heattech line

Thank you turns out all I have to do is bitch and suddenly this thread booms

Here have some Nyquil and cookies ;3 shhhh sleepy time for you..

time for me to draw while I play Saints row 2 and reminisce..

Also w2c male version of this fit senpai

Thank you sir citizen
Imperial City has deep gratitude for you..

Also need a new winter jacket since Canada is colder than a titfuck on a hoth cantina.
Was thinking something like this?

If you recommend uniqlo, can I into space with this exact piece? It's Nike Tech Fleece funnel neck pullover from couple of years ago.

If you pair it with a cool vest and cargos, I think it has potential for a decent lunarcore fit
Here's some sandcore/lunar

Do you all care about functionality like techfags do?

To me lunarcore doesnt really have a "function" most of it is usually casual everydaywear that your typical sci-fi citizen or rogue would wear, and uniforms that space/scifi mega companies give their employees

The entire idea of tech is revolved around "fubctionality" or at least that's what they hide behind as an excuse to dress likes futuristic ninja

Lunarcore TO ME, is much more casual and open ended, like Psuedo said, you can make almost anything look lunarcore if it's presented right, and in the right context with the right materials and presentation

The goal of lunarcore is essentially to look like an extra in the background of a StarWars cantina, or a crew member from ALIEN essentially, or at least starting from there anyway..

Also Psuedo, you have any recs for winter boots with a lunar feel? I've been wearing my $30 aliexpress SFB's and they get cold as fuck here in Canada, been thinking of getting a leather pampa hi tactical? Or a cheap Af1 SF rep?

Moscow reporting in, winter pampa hi is quite warm and durable.

Any recc's for a good snow/winter boot?

Pampa High, as the good gentleman from Moscow has mentioned. I always wanted pic related, I shoulda bought that shit when I could. Some of the new ACG stuff from nike is waterproofed, I wear my Y3 Warriors in winter time or rain. Them strappy Nike boots we've seen would prolly work. Nike Field Generals work, but the construction doesn't feel up to the punishment a hard winter can lay out.

The problem with a lot of sneakers is that the motion of your foot swinging forward pools water in the grooves of the sole and eventually up onto your toes. Toeboxes shaped like AF-1s can do this, as can Supras - your feet will be soaked in 10 minutes or less. at the same time, Supra makes a rubberized lambskin version of a lot of its shoes that takes a beating and handles snow pretty well. I like their minimal branding and height, personally.

But your options are a lot less limited than you might think - you can get clear, hydrophobic aerosol sprays at home depot now, and that stuff can just make a lot of kicks, even those with fabric or mesh uppers shoes like palladiums or Adidas' tubular series, pretty much winterized.

DIY goes a long way with this stuff.

I am so mad at myself for not buying last year's nikelab airmax now.

That's pretty unisex, IMO. Swap out the head scarf for a "sniper hood", tho.

You ever seen one of those? it's like, a scarf that's actually a hood, so operators can just use it as needed in urban situations, tucking its ends into their shirt collar. I have a cheap one, but the design can be simply a three or two panel hood in non reflective grey or something. I've considered hitting up the "Tech Fabrics" section of a store in the garment district (mood fabrics) and getting a few yards of something grey & a few of something green or white, then having my tailor (who thinks I'm a weirdo but low-key loves all the strange requests) make me a three paneled, reversible sniper's hood. I'ma waterproof one side. maybe put some grommets in the bottom corners, weigh the whole thing down and connect its end via cheap light carabiners under my outer layer.

In any case, professional models look like pic related.

Properly executed, I believe that one of Lunarcore's primary functionalities is how it telegraphs competency and confidence without getting too martial about things. What I was trying to get at in my autism post was the underlying familiarity of so many of these pieces.

The recognizable aspect of many pieces means people don't react the same way as to, say, overblown techwear. Which looks kinda mall ninja in many settings, namely those filled with normies.

You want to skirt that line, while projecting your little nonverbal narrative with symbols and pieces most people can readily identify.

That's great shit, man, Just consider some hydrophobic spray on and pair it with some cheap af snow camo overpants (once you've had them tailored to only slightly oversized but tapered, you can work on the tapering from the outside seams of the pant and waist, resulting in a nice organic drop crotch.

G-star has some nice jumpsuits for chicks lately, they should also check out 38 carbon's website for coats and leggings just outside the norm.

Pic related needs to be tailored but its like 5-7 on ebay.

A slim fit jumpsuit, perfect for tying off at the waist.

Uh, seems like I have to have a tripcode.

So that was my posts:
And some other sneakers.

I do like lunarcore and the atmosphere here but I'm not into diy. I think I'll put together something someday but it'll be 100% mass market because I'm a watch guy. I'm here for the inspiration.

W2C pants like this?

Oh. I didn't save the instruction on oiling cloth from the last thread.

Greg lauren is making a whole buncha shit we'll end up getting from rakuten one day.

Batik wax will complement the color better, trust.

PR - Rare Deisel Cargos on Rakuten.

Perfect, a lot of people forget to add texture to their fits. This is good.

Reflective camo from G-Star, they have a dope silver version, too.

Kryptek's Yeti Snow Camo overpant.

You know I thought I was losing my mind or some shit for a while. Thanks for the post.

Guess what, H and goddamn M.

I like these because they are cargo pants but they don't have these humongous pockets. More restrained.

since you talk about modifying your shit all the time, any advice on stretching out some pants? I can get them buttoned but they are like spray on tight in the upper legs.

maybe cause he writes with the excruciatingly cringe-inducing style of a 15yo trying to sound smart?

you sound exactly like that one fedoralord everyone knew in highschool

shit boi those look sick

hope the fabric/fit isn't trash

Damn man, lunar seems to be really taking off again. Love all the discussion going on. Might as well adopt a name since I'll be posting more fits for sure.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the post personally. Post anything more than "w2c senpai" or "is this Veeky Forums" and you're bound to get some flak eventually, so screw it. Do your thing and ignore the bullshit. Those dudes probably aren't contributing anyways.

Julius_7 Gas Mask cargos. Keep an eye out on rakuten and yahoo jp auctions. You can look on grailed too but 90% of the time it will be overpriced as fuck and the seller won't work with you. You wanna find that kid in Japan that's selling off his designer shit cheap to make rent.

Greg Lauren is so good, dude. I've been eyeing his stuff a lot. Beautiful on its own and it could work so well with the concepts we have in mind. $$$ though.

Eyeing an exact pair of these right now. Such a good iteration. I've spent a little too much lately though. Fuck.

So I pulled the trigger on some titanium Palladiums, some long ass laces, and I've got some good stuff coming in from Japan. Should be a cool week for playing around with some fits.

Holy shit this rakuten site is a gold mine

All of his stuff is handmade apparently, so I can understand why its so pricey.

What are the materials?

Cotton can be stretched a bit if clamped in place when wet, but undoing the hem and have a fake hem attached to the end of the unfolded original hem is a common service with most tailors and will grant you an extra inch on inseam.

It happens! Pic related is Abercrombie, and it has asjustable waist, vecro and Zipper closures on all pockets and elastic drawstring cuffs with those little spring loaded press-to-open doohickeys on the angles. The pockets kind of expand outwards when full and the nature of the cuffs makes the pant easy to twist around your legs in opposing directions, creating a nice line of sight that highlights your kicks. Easy af to debrand, and I got em on sale, for 60 bucks or maybe less, it's been a bit.

I guess the lesson is to never overlook a potential source of new and even quality pieces by assuming that store or that thrift "ain't gonna have shit". You never know.

Fedoralords aside, creative professionals really engage in that sort of discourse. It was pretty much ground into me both in college and cringe speak was a genuine necessity with, say, a streetwear label or a record label - IF you wanted your contractors to do the job right. If you had a specific vision in mind that you really needed to stick with.

I swear to Nicholas K that I'm not trying to impress you, man. I'm not trying to come off a certain way. This process is honestly how my plans and understandings go from nebulous to crystallized. I'm sorry that bothers you.

Miss read your question. I've had this problem before. I had inconspicuous elastic wedges sewn into the side seams of the pants. problem solved.

what kind of nike are these?

w2c those pants

how would alien species dress?

Vandals.

Everything I posted apart from these green airmaxen are available and don't cost too much.

yea they are cotton. i'll try the clamps, thanks.

Speaking of easily obtainable stuff.

This is Nike Cheyenne Responder.

Tad dirty because I rode a bike home.

Damn Nike owes me.

I just dug up these fuckers, they are made to order as overshells by a company called TaigaWorks. You're gonna see a lot of bright nasty colors in their online store, but from reading the site, I believe that they've included pic related on the front page in order to remind you of your options.

Y'all need to check out this pinterest board.

pinterest.co.uk/pin/403775922821491484/

A bit more pricy, Grunge John Orchestra. In stock, also available in yellow and some weird camo.

Nanamica work khaki.