Would one be able to pull of the 1920s/30s aesthetic in these modern times Veeky Forums?

would one be able to pull of the 1920s/30s aesthetic in these modern times Veeky Forums?
will it make a return one day?

Other urls found in this thread:

askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/
goodmenproject.com/featured-content/brand-thats-not-a-fedora-and-stop-wearing-it/
perfaxneld.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

putthison.com
askandy.com

another example

askandy.com doesnt seem to work user.

would it be acceptable to wear a hat if you dressed appropriately and looked good in it?

Not necessarily 1920ies/30ies, as I think it would look too out of time, but traditional menswear is alive and well, just with a bit of a modern twist. I'm not talking lel memeswear Instagram bearded/tattoed models with curled up mustaches and a fetish for suspenders/bow ties. Check out the look books from some savile row shops like Gieves and Hawke, Huntsman, etc. I think you'll find some things you like.

A guy came into work dressed like this yesterday and he looked really classy. I think it depends on the person and how they style it

Thank user will check those out!

Made me kek. Thanks user

why dont you take some of it as inspo, and adapt to modern times.

Its possible, but one could go for the authentic style too, right?
If one manages to pull it off of course or is it too socially unacceptable?

Probably you can if youre a big guy in your 30s+.
95% of Veeky Forums is skinny manlet tweens who will look like fedoracore tryhard retards.

If im six feet tall, in my mid twenties, but skinny would it work?

It is virtually impossible now to wear a fedora or trilby without looking like a complete tool

You could go for whatever you want! You are part of Society, if you feel authentic as a member of Society while wearing it, then you are part of what dictates what is acceptable and what isn't. You exist right now in society. You don't exist 80 years ago.

One guy in my Computer science course came like this to Uni
Me and my friends made fun of him and heard it lmao

>askandy

askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/

If you're a grown fucking man then you can and always have been able to pull this off

The only problem is that most people who try it today are just broke out of shape college kids who buy shitty clothes. It's a look you have to actually be an adult to pull off

R E V I E W
B R A H

No there are plenty of you oldetimey fetishists and your full body fedoras and it's cosplay.
Feel free to buy a title too to compound your faggotry

Depends on you user. Just have the self awareness to know whether or not something looks goofy on you

Idk if that you but 10/10 anyway

It looked to good for this world. They couldnt handle it

Weird seeing Bowie wearing such a fitting suit, I liked the 80's one's better

modern love was his best look. his hair was perfect

young americans was his best look imo

This guy has been studying and mastering this style for years. I've seen his growth.

Kira? Masaka!

the great use of color and style! the people of the past knew how to dress well.

fedora AND sunglasses, not fashionable at all.
its either only a hat or only sunglasses.

fabulous coats will never return.....

this guy has pulled it off rather well

Lol you don't need to be big for that look.

Yes, grow balls, look good, fuck what's in.

anyone know where to get the old fashioned high waisted pants? regular clothing stores dont sell them.

no. if you dressed appropriately and looked good in it, the hat would ruin it. the days of hats are gone as are those of tights and powdered wigs

ooof, that color combination is gorgeous.

>gorgeous
really gay word there

The 1920s and 1930s had two different aesthetics. In the 1920s had a more narrow type of style with longer jackets and very slim jackets. In contrast the ideal silhouette of the 1930s was a more structured and extended shoulder with a draped chest, that is the chest is cut to be bigger than yours and it gives off a more masculine appearance, you can see it with vertical bunches in the chest in some of your illustrations.
I don't think both are super outrageous in a modern context but if you stray away from some of the more fashion forward styles of the 20s you'll probably look more contemporary since slim is what's in right now. I confess of loving a lot of sport details of the first half of the 20th century. Belted backs, pleated backs, pleated patch pockets, action backs, etc. I've a few jackets made in that style.

Here's a lad wearing clothing in a more 20s style fashion. Notice the length of the jacket and the button configuration. That would've been fashionable almost 100 years ago.

And here's a chap wearing an authentic 1930s jacket. Notice the difference in style. The 30s piece has a fitted waist but has a much looser chest and stronger shoulder.

aah nice thanks for these user! got any more, this is real interesting and useful knowledge!

fuck off faggot

arent fish tail trousers more victorian?

The exact fit of 20~30s would look weird, but the general "wool coats of loud textures" can be done I think.

Buy a size or so up, then get them tailored.

I burn to a crisp so, as much as hats are dead, I need them on a more functional level.

Funnily I can get away with a homburg but not fedora.

What other summer hats should I try?

Panama of course, isn't that the real summer hat

Ethan Wong
and
Bunnys Vintage Wardrobe if anyone's wondering

what kind of face shape do you have? fedoras can look much better depending on the size of the brim and height of the crone depending on the face.
worn a couple several times and got quite a lot of compliments.

Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with fedoras or any other hat if they complement your outfit and face shape. Do what you like, like what you want, and whatever works best for you.

You have to not only be masculine, but kind of old to make this look work. It'll look out of place just because it was the absolute style of back then out of no other choice, and that only dorks really acknowledge it now.

reviewbrah does

The only problem with fedoras and "fedoras" (trilbies) is that the neckbeards that wear them don't suit them. The point of brimmed hats is to compliment your frame.
Frank Sinatra looked great in a trilby because he was a tiny, narrow dude. The fedora brim works well for men like Harrison Ford and Robert Englund (Indiana Jones and Freddy Kruger, respectively), and so on all the way up to a full gambler brim.

>>>goodmenproject.com/featured-content/brand-thats-not-a-fedora-and-stop-wearing-it/

>lel memeswear Instagram bearded/tattoed models with curled up mustaches and a fetish for suspenders/bow ties
10/10 description user

It absolutely can be pulled off in the modern day, you just have to be careful to not meme it up with a wack-ass color palette unless you want to tie your entire fashion sense into some kind of eccentric "rawr xD" persona

see he manages to pull it off, but just a hair more flamboyant and it would look like utter shit.

>he manages to pull it off
nah he looks like a clown

that mix of color was normal back in the 20s, his hat could be adjusted though, its way too on the side.

the fact doesn't make it look any better, it makes it even more costumey

discard the newsboy cap, go for a different undershirt, maybe a jacket with some patterns and a whole different set of shoes. For something like this either cognac shoes or slight black.

eww. i don't think gentleman's gazette is the best place for fashion advice

damn, you saw right through me!
it's definitely not up to the times though, but that ain't the point either. Some stuff on there is good, but most is either shilling or a total disaster.

why do you think it's a complete disaster user? apart from the obvious 14 yo trying to pull off one of Sven's outfits

>Do what you like, like what you want, and whatever works best for you.
this

it's mostly the shilling that bothers me, "the difference between 50 dollar gloves and 500 dollar gloves" where he does give some nice pointers but in the end also shills the gloves at his own store.

desu I prefer the shilling for his own stuff compared to other youtubers shilling total shit *ehem* alpha m, tmf *ehem* since his videos tend to be well constructed and informed compared to the typical list shit with a sponsor inbetween. I do understand where you're coming from though.

Yeah I think his videos learn you how to dress yourself (and how stuff should fit) and the other channels are all "24 sneakers YOU need this summer" and 80% of the video is filled with sponsoring some watch that's ugly, big and overpriced. "We couldn't find the right watch so we created one ourselves. XD"

Will Americana ever make a come back in the west.

Look for Engineered Garments

inb4 Vinceiro, the 5th etc

have anyone tried to get a bespoke hat before?
from Optimo for example.

what do you mean user? engineered garnment?
Americana will probably come back in some form, especially if some world war breaks out.

have always enjoyed the polo with a jacket look from the 50's

yeah that was perfected in the 50s, sadly its not really a viable option in these days is it?

God yes, all the jock would give you wedgies and the girls would laugh at you and call you the polo pussy.

Why is it not viable?

those types of textures, patterns and fabrics are possible today, the thing that makes all these look goofy and outdated is are the cuts (and some of the little details, ie the hats, brogues etc)

w2c trouser? This type of bags is impossible to find these days it seems

This jacket is really good and a great fit desu, just wish he'd gone with a tie that didn't look like a TV interference pattern.

i've seen those hollywood waists on etsy and ebay

and those wide lapels. that jacket is fire

Dude on the left is my inspo

I'll just leave this here...
perfaxneld.tumblr.com/

>the days of hats are gone
Rain still exists, dingus.

Umbrellas? They still had them while still wearing hats

Don't get it how this is relevant. Everything looks very modern and boring, nothing special

He seems a bit high on himself