I've worn a man ponytail ever since I can remember but now I have to apply for corporate jobs and go to interviews

I've worn a man ponytail ever since I can remember but now I have to apply for corporate jobs and go to interviews.

How bad would having long hair look during an interview? Are people still hung up with having non-standard hair in the office? Is there a way to make this look "professional"?

cut it off hanzo

You have to know that ultimately for interviews tattoos, ponytails, beards, piercings and shit aren't "unprofessional" but rather they are intimidating. Picture yourself as a manager at a firm. Your employee candidates are Jason Momoa and ryan gosling. Both sex gods and i digress but one is clean shaven and short blond boyish hair, the other is an intimidating wolf with a bun/pony. The human (male) mind is feeble, it won't see Jason Momoa's strength as a worthy company attribute, but as a threat. The interviewee won't hire the tough looking guy out of sheer psychology. They want the obedient clean shaven short hair guy. This is factual and this is science. For interviews you have to look as non threatening as possible, even a simple beard or an overgrown 5 oclock shaddow can rub off the wrong way on an interviewer(s).

Your best bet is to cut it and go drone. Or embrace corperate and play with the boundaries as in get a short cut that can be styled wildely but also TAMED for business ie. an undercut.

Your mediocre bets are to probably manbun it instead of straight up pony tailing it.

Realistically you want to use bobby pins and conceal it neatly while also making your interviewer aware that without the pins in place you have long hair and if that in any way would effect the work place then you can say you will cut it. More than likely they will feel like they're discriminating and they won't mind.

Worst bets are to pony tail it and expect no prejudice or repercussions.

It's alright. It's really not that outlandish of a haircut.
If you want to work on wallstreet, cut it.
If you want to join some less elitist corp, keep it.

Have been called to do interviews for my company several times -

>How bad would having long hair look during an interview?
As long as it's clean and so are you - not that bad.

Shower, comb it and consider wearing it in a non-loose bun.

>Are people still hung up with having non-standard hair in the office?
How a person shows up to an interview reflects on his seriousness - if someone shows up with a "non-standard" haircut it usually means one of two things - he's sloppy and doesn't understand the office setting OR he does understand the office setting but didn't want to sacrifice their haircut for a better chance at getting the job I'm offering.
The first case is something I wouldn't hire, people who are sloppy about themselves will also be sloppy about work.
The second case requires looking into context - if the person is qualified, dressed well, clean and I can tell that he just likes his hair that way and that he's not some juvenile idiot thinking he's making a statement I wouldn't mind.

In full honesty - your ponytail is probably a lot less flattering than you think it is and cutting it off is better either way.

Long hair only looks bad when you're ugly. Chad can wear his hair anyway he wants and get the job.

This only works because Jason Momoa is huge and ripped. You can't put a ponytail or tattoo on any shiny little shit and call it intimidating. It's only "intimidating" in context.

For all you know op is some skinny 5'6 thing with long hair or the fat guy from the WoW South Park episode. Neither of those would be seen as intimidating - ponytail or no.

Do not wear a fucking ponytail. It is not a question of looking effay but fucking following established business etiquette and rules. If you fuck this up on the one fucking day you are supposed to show that you aren't a fuckup, you're a fucking dumbass who deserves to be a bum.
Just cut your fucking hair you special snowflake nigger.

t. balding/ugly drone

Ryuga wa go fuck yourself.

I really don't give a fuck about your retarded ass opinion about how if you look aesthetic you can pull it off. If you're aiming to be a professional, you want to look like a stable normie that the client can trust. Unless you're applying to be a model or art cuck, follow the rules until you are senior/valuable enough to bend them.
You can follow my advice or try your luck in this job market. There's a recession on its way so factor that into your decision.

t. mad balding/ugly drone

Cut it, don't want to risk losing money over some manbun, which everyone would think it is.

you are the cancer m8

Also I hope your megacorp gets the shit disrupted out of it's business model by some nerd with a ponytail which won't hire you because all you can do is follow the rules, and that can be done by a computer 2020

Assblasted much?
You have to be either a teenager or a hopeless dipshit, considering how you can't take a piece of advice about being a rational and responsible adult without blustering about the Man.

>rational and responsible
>a hairstyle

Good thing is you tools are probably also against """"communism"""" so we tech guys won't have to share our profits with you when we automate your job :)

But at least your daughter will be able to make some cash... until she hits the wall that is

Oh look, it's another wannabe code monkey/database admin with an inflated sense of self importance!

take another (not that anyone knowing how to use a computer would not be already superior to your bullcrap meme job)

How is a corporate drone any less pathetic, though?
Especially one who's sperging out on a taiwanese fingerpuppetry forum saying that not having a normalfag haircut equals getting fucked in today's job market.

Grow a pair.

>intimidating
The word you're looking for is "proletarian."

Proles are intimidating because they have no money and are open to robbing, lynching, striking, dealing drugs, doing drugs, killing petty thieves over the $50 in their wallet, destruction of public property, and attacking enemy ethnicities.

This truly is the teen board. Good job.

I'm 35, you retarded nigger. Try projecting less.

People like him have to base their feeling of superiority on their ability to be extremely average and bland, it is the only one they have.

I can't imagine anything more mediocre than that.

Sure you are pal ;)

chop that shit off, only femboys look good with long hair

>implying you aren't completely right and didn't just describe every guy I know with long hair

OP, please post pics of your actual man ponytail then we can see if you can still have it for interviews. Most likely, it looks terrible.

Post pics.

This is how OP looks at best, still not good for corporate.

I can't beleive a single one of you faggots follows this trend.

believe*

Long haired user here.

Legit rocked a full pony tail for tons of interviews.

Corporate is all about talk, that's how shriven kikes can get jobs working in Corporate.

If you can rock a pony tail then you can rock a dookie on your head.

just go get it cut shorter and grow it out later
its what ive seen other guys with long hair do

Cut Hair = Mark of the cuck who has submitted to our corporate overlords
Long Hair = Free Man

stop calling it a man-ponytail, just like people calling buns "man-buns." it's cringey as fuck. they are just pony-tails and buns.
but I have 2 friends who work for big 4 accounting firms is in NYC. One has longer hair, like past shoulder length and as long as he puts it up his boss doesn't mind. my other friend has a big beard and ears pierced, again boss doesn't mind.
you just have to appear respectable and clean, and if you're good at your job along with being polite your boss shouldn't give a fuck

this

those