Skincare

Do you have a routine? I just recently got into skin care stuff, but have already seen a difference in my skin since getting a steady routine going.

AM:

-micellar water and/or neutrogena naturals purifying cleanser or just cold water and konjac sponge
-exfoliate some days (usually with skinfood black sugar mask)
-skinfood peach cotton sebum control toner
-clay mask some days, hydrating or brightenig sheet mask others
-elf hydrating essence
-cosrx snail 96 essence
-elizavecca witch piggy hyaluronic acid serum
-purifect tea tree + vitamin e oil serum some days
-ahc eye cream
-elf daily moisturizer
-biore watery essence spf 50

PM
-jergens all purpose cream
-neutrogena naturals purifying cleanser with konjac sponge
-exfoliate some nights (usually with skinfood black sugar mask)
-skinfood peach cotton sebum control toner
-soothing/hydrating sheet mask or clay mask/spot treatment for acne some nights
-elf hydrating essence
-cosrx snail 96 essence
-elizavecca witch piggy hyaluronic acid serum
-purifect tea tree + vitamin e oil serum
-ahc eye cream
-elf night cream
-tonymoly panda white sleep pack

I let someone convince me to use soap instead of water and got the first break out of my life. Maybe you should stop playing alchemist with your face?

Is this a copypasta?

Worse, cheap Korean skin care

>watches one Korean skincare video
Honestly, two essences and two serums is an overkill

what an expensive and inefficient clusterfuck of a routine. you better be trolling, OP

Drinking enough water

I've always been quite fair but spending increasing amounts of time outdoors has made me increasingly tanned. How can I make my skin paler but not sickly and pasty?

alpha arbutin, glutathione, sunscreen

lmao as if it isnt good, shit gets me glowing

true. one of each is enough.

You need a physical sunblock of at least 18% zinc, wide brim hates thin long sleeves and use a sunscreen laundry detergent.

Exfoliate with a kojic soap twice a week, use vit c and don't bother with alpha arbutin might as well purchase a 2% hydroquinone.

Sunscreen

This. Shit might be cheap but my face feels like a baby's ass and I haven't had a breakout besides a few bumps I think were hormonal.

i gave up on skin care a while ago
its too much fucking work

i just wash my face and exfoliate, I wear face mask rarely, maybe 1-2 times a week
I dont even exfoliate regularly

Everyone's skin had different needs, having low maintenance skin isn't a bad thing. I could and probably should work towards minimizing my routine honestly, while my face feels amazing and I enjoy unwinding by slathering my face in shit all this stuff probably isn't necessary.

what should my diet look like for perfect skin, apart from drinking a couple of litres of water a day

milk
high sugar foods and drinks
lots of cholesterol and grease

Minimize excess fats and processed sugars

soy milk ok? inb4 soyboy
unsaturated fat fine?

I'm sure i've also read somewhere that salt is bad for skin?

He’s trolling you. Everything he listed is very bad for skin

>falling for the 10+ step routine meme
Enjoy your placebo, faggot

yeah unsaturated fat like nuts, seeds, avocado are great

i think soy milk is fine but if you want you can try almond for example

What kind of sunscreen should i buy? Are there specific things in them that I should avoid?

Skincare industry is a scheme - the more products you use the more your skin depends on you to help it achieve shit it can naturally do by itself like moisturize and keep correct pH levels.

Truth is that unless you have some sort of skin disease that requires medical attention you will never need anything more than the following:
daily gentle cleanser
moisturizer
sunscreen

AHA/BHA exfoliant once or twice a week if you're feeling like chasing perfection.

Oh what, I've been using a bha exfoliant like once a day before bed

some organic coconut water face wash from a health food store and jojoba oil

that's it, jojoba is the only thing that got rid of my tiny bit of acne

Someone told me switching to Head and Shoulders shampoo with zinc completely got rid of their forehead and chest acne.

Trying it out, hopeful. My forehead definitely seems to be getting oily slower if nothing else.

is there a device that sucks out sebum?

i have a very oily and thin skin, also acne prone, am i supposed to use astringent as part of my skin care routine?
is there astringent with no alcohol?

>exfoliant twice a week
>implying I don't have tough elephantlike skin that needs regular exfoliation

C H A D G E N E T I C S

am

Retin A .1% microsphere 3-4x per week and Vaseline around on eyes nightly after exfoliating my face.

What does Vaseline around your eyes do? Does it lighten or darken the skin?

How to get rid of face skin redness? Pretty sure it's dryness-caused.

Let me guess you used the same soap you use for your hands on your face?

What’s up with all you faggots using 10+ products on your face?
This isn’t just overkill, it can actually make your skin worse.

-Baxters exfoliating scrub (only once a week)
-Malin & Goetz grapefruit cleanser with toner (grapefruit also serves as mild astringent)
-rinse face with cold water
-Biotherm homme total eye recharge
-Kyoku pore reducing serum
-LAB Series all in one moisturizer
-La Roche Posay Anthelios XL sunscreen

At night, I just use any generic, mild cleanser. Atm neutrogena. And some olive oil cream or some eczema cream (slight neurodermitis) if my skin is dry.

i dont know if i should post in this thread, but is there any way to get rid of stretch marks, or at least make them less visible? i have lost 60 kgs but now i have stretch marks all over my stomach, they are kinda skin tone now but still very visible

>What’s up with all you faggots using 10+ products on your face?
>see, I only use 10 different products

If you're white just wash your face off in the shower, don't touch it during the day, and don't eat pizza. That's it.

Astringents are bad. Work on getting your skin balanced out, not drying it more with harsh shit.

Use a gentle cleanser, a hydrating toner, and a light moisturizer.

Is it overkill to contuiously get tca peels every 6 months if I have the money and downtime?

that's because that person has fungal acne, which is a completely different type of acne. If you don't suffer from it, then it won't help you.

it is normally used as an occlusive after moisturizing, which means that it covers your skin so that it prevents water loss and keeps your face hydrated.

If it's redness as in large patches of red, then it may be rosacea. For that, you need to use products catered to sensitive skin. Or, it could be post inflammatory erithemas, reddish/brownish marks that normally go away with lots of time. You can also treat them using vitamin C serums or products with niacinamide as main ingredient. I would suggest going to a dermatologist first.

Thanks

I use Missha All around safe block, the pink tube. It's perfect for combination skin, like mine. It has SPF 45, and I don't actually feel it on my skin at all. I would suggest avoiding sunscreens with lots of alcohol, because they tend to dry up your skin.

>fungal acne

Ah. I'm going to keep trying it, maybe the acne on my chest is fungal.

Zinc is supposedly good for acne regardless though right? I think it would have broken me out already if it was going to.

I have closed comedones on my forehead. Trying to get them to come to the surface and hopefully go away with SA and BP.

I use this, it works a BB cream as well though if you don't want that
SPF 50+ and PA+++

What do I do with acne that is underneath my cheeks. Like it's not really visible, but if you look closely you can see the bumps which, if squeezed, have puss inside them?

I clean my face with some Equate acne stuff every day with warm water. I scrub it a lot cause I feel like I need to get in there right? I'm sick of having mediocre skin, like it's fine, but most 19 year olds have clearer faces by now.

What do, can anyone suggest some good products from online?

Also side question, for using sunscreen, do you guys use it everyday even if it's winter, is it that important. Thanks

>AM
- Vichy Purete Thermale micellar water
- spray with Thayers Rose Petal witch hazel
- clean & clear dual action moisturizer
- sunscreen (Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry touch, spf 55+ or Biore UV aqua rich watery essence
- Smith's rosebud salve on my lips

>PM
- micellar water to take off makeup/sunscreen/etc
- spray with witch hazel
- c&c moisturizer
- aquaphor on lips

>before bed
- CeraVe hydrating cleanser
- wipe with witch hazel on a cotton round
- CosRx BHA
- CosRx AHA
- The Ordinary zinc/niacinamide serum
- The Face Shop rice ceramide emulsion
- Vaseline on lips

Once a month I'll do a sheet mask (the rice one from The Face Shop).

I would also recommend cutting out dairy

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is a nice, basic moisturizer with 30 SPF that is pretty cheap and available all over the place. It has a nice non greasy finish, just don't use too much to avoid white streaks.

Give you guys my two cents regarding acne:
-Avoiding dairy has a notable effect.
-Having done le intermittent fasting meme for close to two years, I can say that it certainly does help with acne, not to mention all the other shit you'd normally do it for.

All I've ever had to bother with in my life has been small blemishes but doing these things has undeniably helped out.

Fellow anons... Should I use Cerave for my face or what?

I used coconut oil but it's bad for my skin. It dries it out because it stops sebum production, and it doesn't absorb fast.

Also anything natural, like for face AND eyelids?

I miss coconut oil

Also anything natural, like for face AND eyelids?

I miss coconut oil because it's not harmful to get in your eyes

Cerave Foaming Cleanser and Moisturizing Cream twice a day
10% benzoyl peroxide wash three times a week on chin (leave it on for only a minute)
Thick layer of Noxzema (DIY face mask) 2x a week, leave on for 10 mins
Sunscreen when needed (I work nights, so I'm not in the sun during the week very often)

OP get that shit out of here, you need to cut down on the amount of products you're using. It's actually really bad for your skin.

Is there a very basic skincare routine available somewhere? I moisturize and exfoliate/cleanse but I'm unsure if I'm doing it in the right order. Also what do I do for the rest of my body?

oil cleansing with a custom blend of cold pressed oils isn't harmful to get in your eyes, either
it's nice because you can use a few oils that target various issues and it extracts grits from deep within the pores if you do it properly

Absolutely. Cerave is one of the best skincare lines on the market.

>exfoliate
>shave
>wash/tone
>treat
>moisturize
>protect (sunscreen)

Anything else is complete overkill.

Use a scrub/exfoliator/mask only once or twice p. week.
Rest of the week, wash with cleanser before shaving and with cold water after shaving, but before applying any other products.
Use a cleanser with toning properties, less hassle than using a toner by itself.
Use products that are mostly natural and contain no alcohol or other shit that irritates your skin and clogs your pores.
There’s a website run by Paula‘s Choice that lists all ingredients in the most common products and you can see what’s good/bad about it.
You don’t have to stick to products for men. Most of these are uni if not labeled specifically.
Buy the more expensive shit, not that L‘oreal or other meme stuff that you get for 3 bucks at the drug store that doesn’t have any natural ingredients whatsoever. There’s also good cheaper stuff, but it‘s rare.
Don’t apply too much of it! More =/= better.
Don’t use skin treatment if you don’t have anything to treat. Don’t fall for the memes. Serums are better for treatment because they can reach deeper layers of the skin.
When washing your face, rub UPWARDS in a circular motion.
Treat your neck like an extension of your face.
Use clean towels and clean pillows.
If you dont use high quality UVA/UVB sunscreen, everything else is pointless. The sun is your enemy. Use SPF ~50. If you use lower SPF shit, you’ll have to apply more.

Absolute legend, thank you.

Another user, it should be said that you need to apply moisturizer immediately after washing, when your face is dripping wet to seal moisture. Drying your face with a towel is bad news no matter what products you're using.

won't non-natural creams that get in your eye damage them?

i alwyas got coconut oil in my eye if i got watery eyed at all, it stings but people said they can actually moisturize their eye with it so it's safe.

Not at all, so long as the moisturizer doesn't have harsh ingredients/acids. Glycerin, petrolatum, etc are all fine around the eyes.

all u really need is sunscreen, gentle face wash, retinol and moisturizer / face oil.

Dude you replied to here.
Do NOT apply moisturizer on a dripping wet face, wtf man. It won’t absorb properly and slide all around your face, leaving you with some parts moisturized and some not. Not to speak of the horrible shit you get when you apply sunscreen after. A fucking paste of moisturizer and sunscreen sliding everywhere.
It’s partially true however. You should apply it to a damp, not dry face. I use a serum before moisturizing, so I just apply it when my face is still damp from the serum.

What I do (not poster) is after I wash my face with my face cleanser with a wet rag I wait for it to dry a little and then apply moisturizer and rub it on my face chin and neck, if I decide to use benozyl peroxide I use it then moisturize then sunscreen but I perfer using benozyl before I sleep due to lack of light

i love most cerave but I can't do this one. If I don't shave for a day and use this it clumps up under my facial hair and it looks like i have powder all over my face.

Sounds like cystic hormonal acne. It's hard to treat it your self, you might need to talk to your doc to get something that targets it from within.

does anyone have any experience or words for Muji's natural skincare products?

>have a genetic
>git gud diet and lifestyle
>stop rubbing jew chemicals on body and ingesting them
>????
>good skin (if you are not a genecel/subhuman)
srs

The excess water will evaporate. When you apply moisturizer immediately any all potential water loss is negated, whereas with a damp face you've already lost a ton of water from the skin since there isn't a seal at all to keep water in the skin from surfacing and disappearing with the excess. Any dermatologist will tell you that you're never supposed to wait longer than 3 minutes to apply your moisturizer.

is there any point in having extremely extensive and expensive routines if you get literally one breakout? pretty sure you could achieve the same result with less

That's the problem, who has an actual dermatologist? Like I have A doctor I guess, but it's just like standard health care stuff... do I go to them and ask

Do I really need sunscreen in Canada?

>have eczema
>can't use anything but dove sensitive skin soap or I'll break out in dry skin and blisters
Sucks

Wtf I used to have perfect skin, ever since I turned 18 (I'm 20 now) it all started going to shit. Now I have mini break outs of around 3-4 pimples at a time and minor acne scarring. I guess it's time to become a skin care cuck.

just take cold showers lmao

i take cold showers, i use facial wash, i use toner, i sleep with a clean towel over my pillow every night. i drink lots of water and hardly ever have sugar or dairy. I STILL HAVE FUCKING ACNE

i have eczema, and i think it's on my face because it gets itchy, and is very blotchy and red when I come out of the shower. what do I do to fix this? I moisturise my face, that's about it.

I've had eczema for years, to the point where my hands were covered in bloody, itchy blisters. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me Clobetasol Propionate ointment and it worked great

Hey all, my facial acne is mostly under control these days but my chest and back have been ramping up big time in the past year. I believe it's mostly because I am a sissy-boi who is only like 1/4 of the way through puberty at 22 so my acne is mostly hormonal.

My routine currently is cerave hydrating cleanser and lotion twice a day with a shower, and cetaphil AM/PM redness reducing lotion. My chest is going crazy. Do I just have to wait it out? Hormones suck mane

Also, the dermatologist told me to stop using anything scented or anything else that irritates my skin, which is almost everything. For skin, I only use dove sensitive skin soap, prescription Clobetasol Propionate ointment for when I get bad flare ups, and cerave healing ointment for normal dry skin (the blue jar, not the white) and that takes care of my eczema. I can get away with using any shampoo and conditioner because my eczema has never really affected my scalp and it has minimal contact with the rest of my body.

Pic isn't me, but it was this bad on my hands before I got that prescription ointment

Anyone have a cheap general purpose skin lotion/moisturizer they like to use usually?

help me out guys, my face is very red and i never use any products on it. what should i do?

i want to lick that hand

Seriously, go camping for a week. Don’t wash hand at all, poop on it if you have to. See if it improves.

When ever I stop washing everything my eczema improves or goes away. Also new girlfriends also seem to heal skin.

are you a dog?

Not op, but if they are actually under the skin, and do cause discomfort (Pain) then go see them. Maybe you will end up with RoAccutane if it's bad. But don't go in there expecting it, it's the last line of defense. It will just suck everything up, the oil, the acne and your strength.

What wrong with dove?

Just use Dove, black head soap and cold water when you wake up, when you come back from outside and before you sleep.

Dove is good, it's the only soap I can use

>tfw face is plastered with acne scars
literally have to save 3 grand for laser treatment

Yes.

This shit is really cheap and has been my best experience with face lotion, I have really sensitive skin towards scents or certain oils that are in most moisturizers. I use it on my whole body as well. Get the original formula, not any of the new ones. It has a clumpy texture sometimes but it rubs in anyways so it's whatever to me. (I know it says hand lotion but it works just as well on the face in my experience)

As for routine:
>fresh soy face cleanser in the morning
>Cerave sunscreen/lotion before leaving the house
>same cleanser or I wash my face with literal raw honey if I have the energy at night
>BHA (I just started Olay age defying cream a few days ago)
>lotion 30 minutes after BHA
>occasionally rosewater toner

My skins pretty much acne free at this point but I recommend that lotion and maybe honey cleansing to dry-face anons. If anyone has suggestions that would be great, I'm just trying to make my skin paler and lighten some pigmentation from old scars.

I like skincare a lot. I have a lot of stuff. A lot of it was for free because I used to have a mildly popular instagram profile.
I don't really have a routine, I usually switch different products according to how my face feels. I use one or two products per type tops, sometimes skip a phase or the other.
I have a very dry, sensitive skin and hormonal acne.

AM:
>Cleanse
[Pureheals] Propolis Cleansing Milk, or just water if I did a quick skincare the night before.
>Toner
[Klairs] Supple preparation toner, [Pyunkang Yul] Essence Toner
>Essence
[CosRX] Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion, [CosRX] Snail 96 essence, [DrJart+] Ceramidin liquid, [A'Pieu] Pure medic - Purity lotion
>Serum
[The Ordinary] Alpha Aburtin + HA, [The Ordinary] EUK 134 0.1, [Hylamide] SubQ + HA booster, [innisfree] Green tea serum
>Mositurisers
[Klairs] Rich Moist Soothing Cream, [DrJart+] Water Drop
>SPF
[Senka] Q10 50 SPF

PM:
>Double cleanse
Oil: [heimish] All clean balm
Foam: [cosRX] Low pH Morning cleanse, [DrJart+] Micro Foam Cleanser.
>Exfoliation
[CosRX] AHA, [CosRX] BHA, [by Wishtrend] Mandelic acid, [Antipodes] Reincarnation
>Mask
[innisfree] Super volcanic pore clay mask, [NIOD] Flavanone Mud, [i'm from] Vitamin tree mask
>Toner
[Pyunkang Yul] Essence Toner, [Whamisa] Organic Flowers Toner
>Essence:
[DrJart+] Ceramidin liquid, [A'Pieu] Pure medic - Purity lotion, [Secret Key] Starting Treatment Essence, [huxley] Oil Essence
>Serum:
[ZYMOGEN] Houttuynia Cordata Ferment Serum, [Mad Hippie] Vitamin C serum, [innisfree] Green tea serum, [Klairs] Midnight blue activating drop
>Spot treatments
[Klairs] Midnight blue cream, [CosRX] Centella cream
>Moisturiser
[huxley] Antigravity cream, [innisfree] green tea seed cream
>Sleeping mask/oil
[CosRX] Rice sleeping mask, [The Ordinary] Rosehip Oil

I have also countless sheet masks by different brands.
I never do all the phases I listed.