Lunarcore thread

Let's get this thing going again.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Men-s-Tactical-Pants-Special-Forces-Military-SWAT-Combat-Cargo-Pants-Male-Multi-Pockets-Slim-Casual/32823228018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.ELr8Ih
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.20.50d88269O8NiBT&id=558638978465&ns=1&abbucket=19#detail
s.aliexpress.com/iIrYjAfq
s.aliexpress.com/iIZfAjMR
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This coat tho.

I've always wanted to check out older sci-fi movies like this but I don't even know where to start.

Really like this jacket. I want to incorporate some red into lunar fits soon.

Any recommendations for someone trying to get into lunar? I've got a German flight suit just trying and some jungle boots at the moment.

The only thing that's really set in stone is that you take a futurist/sci-fi approach to your outfits. Draw your inspo from your favorite sci-fi media and real world space/flight gear and figure out how to make it work.

Keeping things utilitarian and military-inspired definitely helps. I'll go ahead and say interesting cargos and some light colored boots are must haves. Also already having a flight suit is awesome.

Oh, and keep things grounded and don't go overboard so you don't end up looking like a cosplayer that wandered away from a con.

lunarcore meets slackercore

I love this coat
Also it's weird not having to worry about making these threads anymore..

Sorry to bother you with my shit again, but I want as many opinions as possible :c
So again: which pants+boots combo works the best?

Id on boots?

those are pretty obviously rick you double nigger newfag

recs for a relatively inexpensive military style boot i can get in aus? Looking to buy some for bfs xmas present but i'm a bit out of the effay loop so i don't know where to look asides from local milsurp and camping shops

2 & 2 or 3 & 2 nigga damn

2 and 2. Get the pants tapered. Just pull the trigger haha.

The ones in that particular shoot are Rick cutout dunks. Impossible to find, insanely expensive if you do, and only made in women's sizes. Really awesome shoes, though.

Don't know what milsurp prices are like over there, but I can get a pair of used boots at my milsurp stores for 30-40 USD. Definitely worth checking out. Or look at Palladium boots. Tons of choices there.

Meant to quote this for the Ricks.

whats it like walking in those?
palladium boots look like they would be super squishy with any bit of weight on them.

I really need boots that are waterproof and crap resist. My current ones are falling apart aftr too much use.

2001 seems to be a pretty good starting point for more classic sci-fi

Turns out the chinaman screwed me over.

those tactical pants i got felt pretty big, I thought i lost weight because they were labeled 28", but when i measured them they were 32!
I took some fit pics but a lot of them look borderline retarded. I just want to make a lunar fit dammit. I'm gonna try to return/exchange or just find some decent milsurp flight pants or something.

If you saw the aliexpress link i posted in the last thread you may want to avoid those.

Not sure if this is too cosplayish, but this is my attempt. Thinking of getting some desert boots, a better bag and a belt. What do you guys think?

Dude i dont know what you got going on exactly with that upper half but its fucking sick.

I would lose the bag but if you need it, its not bad. belt is not necessary but go sleek and minimal with minimal contrast if you get one.

Change the boots to something light colored and you're golden.

rip i ordered them too

W2c all of it

I like
160 with 110 or 120

Ask for a refund 1st and to send you the right size most will do so just so you don't give a bad review

We're they labeled the size you wear? Or were they labeled 32?

Also post pic or link so I know which ones you're talking about

This is cool just do what other user said

pretty sure he is talking about these
aliexpress.com/item/Men-s-Tactical-Pants-Special-Forces-Military-SWAT-Combat-Cargo-Pants-Male-Multi-Pockets-Slim-Casual/32823228018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.ELr8Ih

Ayyy, a /lunarcore/ not started by me. Sweet.

Cheers lads.

Boots are fucking it up. Both color and clownishness.

Get a pair of SFB.

Like I said I'm going to get some new boots. More of just a placeholder. Thanks for the suggestion though they look allot better.

I regret nothing

Saw these too, even though I already got the Dusts. I think they're more for techwear.

Ok, here we go:
First pants (140): SURPLUS (that's brand, not actual military surplus) Airborne Vintage Oliv
Sec pants (160): BRANDIT Pure Vintage Old White
Third pants (70): RESERVED Urban Cargo Trousers
First boot (110): MIL-TEC French model jungle boots
Sec boot (215): MIL-TEC Tactical 2-zip Foliage
Third boot (120): BIGSTAR sneakers

id jacket and trousers? Fit looks sick

Is facial hair /lunar/?

I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I should do with my hair/beard. Kinda want to go for the dadstache.

I appreciate it user. It's an RAF MK41 aircrew life preserver waistcoat and the trousers are just creamy/sandy brushed cotton chinos.

Top half looks cool! Would love to see some grey cargos and proper boots with that. Would not recommend desert boots, especially if you're going for lunar stuff, but then again I am biased against them in any situation.

Between you, me, and LunarChan we can keep this shit from reaching dead meme status again.

Hadfield is awesome. Also I feel like dadstache + a clean haircut could really work with lunar.

The drawing looks like a racing shit my dood

The fuck happened to that old ass meme Psuedo?

this jacket is so good but costs 1000 fucking dollars.

I've been seeing alot more lunarcore/cyberpunk related threads leaking out into The catalog alot more lately
Like pic related

Psuedo presence is a fleeting thing.

So I've been eyeing work boots recently... these Caterpillar ones especially. I think they'd look sick debranded and beat up.

Also found these on aliexpress
Seemed kinda lunarcoreish to me

>And they're $35 DOLLARS!?!

Dohohoh what are these?

cop or not?

caterpillar echo boots

they only come in women's sizes

Wanted to avoid more boots so I copped these thinking they could work in a few cleaner lunar fits as well. I don't have a whole outfit yet, but I thought these could be a place to start.

w2c?

is that a prosthetic leg? also w2c pants

i think going monotone on the pants/shoes could look pretty interesting, if you're going with that tapering at the hem. it would kind of look like one continuous appendage. hard to pull off with runners though, since they dont have the elongated profile a boot gives with the elevated heel

generally, do you try to look symmetrical with the other leg matching in narrowness or do you exaggerate the contrast?

Yessir.
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.20.50d88269O8NiBT&id=558638978465&ns=1&abbucket=19#detail

I generally try to be symmetrical up until the ankle/calf region. Everything above that kinda looks like a weird lumpy mess that I'm not really happy with. One thigh is way smaller than the other, and the knee is very strangely shaped since it's not a stump but rather my foot on backwards acting as a knee. I don't really fill out pants. It sucks, and kind of eats at my confidence if I'm honest.

Damn, didn't realize that when I first started looking at them. Luckily the sizes go high enough that I should be able to fit in them if I decide to cop.

Wish I had some info on it. Other mesh hoodies/jackets are pretty easy to find though.

Wish this thing was still in stock.

Yes.
We have our own synthetic androids on our ships.

They're part of the company

>Link for the shoes..

s.aliexpress.com/iIrYjAfq

i think your fits are really cool and im glad you share them! at the risk of sounding fetishizing, i think your silhouette presents some difficult challenges but also interesting opportunities, although i totally get if you're not comfortable with playing around with it. i hope you will soon!

just be careful with the width - women's B sometimes necessitates an extra half size up in addition to the length adjustment, if you're a standard men's D

i think they look rad btw. hope to see them in a fit soon, i may cop some meself

How do you browse taobao??
Do you know how to read moon runes?
I know you need a proxy to buy things
But how do you look/browse and find stuff?

I found some pampa high palladiums on Alibaba for ULTRA cheap, but you have to buy wholesale not individual pairs
And I can't find them on Aliexpress or DH gate

I'd share more, but I'm just poor and don't have a lot of lighter clothing. I got a few things coming from China though so I'll probably post a fit in a week or two.
Image search and Google's translate pretty much. Put the link in Google translate and change the country in the top left to mainland China to unlock image search.

it bothers me more than it should that there's transparency on this image
were they too lazy to make the website properly?
they could have at least had the elbows there for faux 3D

But with image search don't you have to already know what you want or looking for?
Sometimes I go on Aliexpress or DH gate and just start browsing through shoes and boots and randomly find something I like (like those olive/black shelltoe sneakers) and this cool cargo bomber long winter jacket

Sort of. I tend to see something I like, put it in image search and browse the "similar results". I don't really just browse as much like you do. I tend to shop when I'm suddenly inspired and have a close idea of what I want.
W2C on that jacket?

>Here cyborg frendo

s.aliexpress.com/iIZfAjMR

i got burned a few times buying from some korean (i think) website with those black mannequins lol, how do aliexpress items hold up to the images?

the real items tended to not look as structured and the texture was terrible..this jacket has some fill i'm guessing but there are oddly few seams so i have no idea how they filled it

I have these in all black. I have many palladium boots in the same size but these are tighter and my toe falls asleep and is always in extreme pain. I thought I just needed to break them in but nothing has helped. I recommend going a size up or just avoiding them tbqh. Unfortunate because they look great and I live in a very rainy city.

Are there any rugged alternatives to the Palladium boots? I've heard that the Palladiums are all show and no go and I'm pretty fucking rough on my shoes.

imo, palladiums (which can be frequently copped on sale) are sort of disposable, like chucks or vans. i have one of their more expensive models, msrp like +$150 and i would never pay that much for it...i think i got it for like $60. pretty happy with it at that price point.

the cheaper models, like the pampa hi, are durable enough for the price i usually get them at

Are you talking about palladiums? Or replica palladiums??

authentick palladiums. no idea about replicas. I got them on a great sale.

"H-HEY SPORT
HEARD YA LIKE SPACE CLOTHES
C-CHECK WHAT I GOT FROM MY MOM"
-BOB

bob goin hard af, even got the lunarstache and side part goin on

i'd let him lecture me about personal responsibility

Made me kek

Thread about looking like space hobos.
I'm done with this board.

not bad. needs to break in the jacket so the padding isn't as bushy or just remove some of the padding. Also unzip it wearing a sweater under it with an interesting texture.

lunarcore has been around since 2013
this isn't new

i got a slightly oversized flight jacket that's a little too thicccc

how2remove padding without undoing all the seams and shit, i have the sewing skills of helen keller. and also, if you remove padding, won't it look all deflated with extra fabric everywhere like a jared from subway with all that loose skin

And it's all just glorified milspo, nothing unique.

Should I cop these or..

what the fuck

Pretty futuristic huh

very

does yohji even design his footwear at all? it seems so incongruent with his aesthetic, they dont make sense together in the least

I'm pretty sure he doesn't really have anything to do with Y-3 at this point and it's a separate team of designers

yeah i just find it interesting that the two aesthetics are kind of at odds with each other...i guess he doesnt mind being associated in name, even though he seems to not like futurism very much.

Spotted the dadcore newfag

Why are you biased against desert boots?

not op but desert boots are basic and played out. they're also painfully boring

but more importantly they dont fit with lunarcore. desert boots are a bit of a misnomer - they aren't designed for a desert or harsh environment, so don't get the impression that they have a historical or aesthetic connection to moon boots.

their shape as an ankle boot is awkward, since most space boots tend to completely extend above the ankle. conceptually, i guess that has a functional reason but im not an astronaut or a martian so thats just my take on it

materials wise, the crepe sole was popular with them because it was cheap and comfortable. but it's not durable and it's not protective, which are design considerations common to many lunarcore boots. leather is okay...just a bit too plain. the closure system is simple and lacks buckles and zippers and all that

but yeah desert boots are for uninspired planetary beatniks and buzzfeed fashion readers

god why am i writing an essay about desert boots lul

Damn these look great too bad it's women's bot.

I've never seen a fit with a pair of desert boots and thought "Damn, those desert boots really brought the whole thing together." They're an awkward, boring design and crepe soles look lame and flimsy to me. There are just so many better boots out there. Also it might also be the fact half the dudes in my office wear them and they're all cookie cutter GQ style 101 guys, so I almost immediately associate desert boots with gingham shirts, cuffed jeans/chinos, and the 'ol undercut + full beard combo.

Before I start some shit - that whole look is totally fine. It's just boring to me.