-Tattoo General- Rune Edition

Instead of 2-3 non related tattoo threads, let's have a tattoo general again.
Post your
>Tattoos
>Ideas for Tattoos
>Questions about Tattoo Placement
>Tattoo Inspirations
>What style fits with what type of tattoo

Other urls found in this thread:

norse-mythology.org/vegvisir/
kickstarter.com/projects/884669312/arcane-scrollworks-first-level-spell-scrolls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm from the North.
The top symbol is this:
norse-mythology.org/vegvisir/
"Revealer of paths"

The runes in (Elder futhark) spells out:
NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST

They failed to write it down correctly though, by using double consonants in "ALL". We didn't use double runes at all.

that is fucking awful lmao gtfo

want to get this under my elbow, once I hit my goal weight, I'm almost there. Probably after the holidays.

>memento mori
Jesus fuck, are you getting a CARPE DIEM tattoo too? You better be trolling

misspelled as well. cringe

i'd get it without the words or the demon, just the skeleton, grave, and crow

oh yeah man, I'm cringing hard at the misspelling, like how I cringed earlier whilst watching 'mega cringe compilation novemeber 2017 - I bet you can't watch this without cringing' on youtube

I like this one

cringe effort at humor/insult

is that a thing, and not just a word for it? English isn't my first language. you sure seem to be invested in this topic much more than I have.

no doubt guy I'm hella cringing at the losers cringe effort at humor/insult. do you watch h3h3? I love ethan, he's so funny.

yeah that shit cunt was totes invested in the topic, so much it made me cringe

shit, I love h3h3, when he coughs that shit cracks me up

so you know the names of youtubers while complaining about people who do...?

yeah when he takes a fat hit on the vape thats really gets me going, mad respect

pfft, that loser was crazy invested in what you said, had me cringin'

>runescape tats

oh fuck, you caught that guy the hell out, I'm cringing right now, put me in the screencap

oh man when he vapes I'm literally crying, baka

One friend of mine wants to do the 'NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST' and wants me to draw it for him so a tattoo artist can copy it. Is there any good looking alternative?

i got one of my own doodles tattooed on me. what do you guys think? i really like it

fucking faggot memento mori isn't mainstream

risky place for such an indie tat, i like it but if that's your first then you got balls kiddo

>runes
>still the most basic ass white girl saying

Inb4 I get shit on and called fedora need for being able to read runes fluently.

THIS HOLY FUCK

Tattoos are for criminals and degenerates but if I was forced to get a tattoo I would ask for:
1.Derek's swastiska from American History X
2. Guts' brand of sacrifice from Berserk
3. Scar's full tattooed arm from FMA
or the Demi-fiend's full body tattoo from SMT nocturne

got this done like 2 years ago now, not the best pic of it but fuck it

Do you guys regret having tattoos?

I will probably get a Jojo tattoo with the same style but with some other character.
My fear is regretting it in the future

Hell yeah

one of the best vegvissir tattoos i've seen.

i hope you are under age of 15

Fucking faggots with the meme skeleton tattoos and the anime shit LMAOOO

Please get them so we know who to bully, Jesus Christ

A good rule of thumb is if you think you might regret it in the future you probably will

>memento mori isn't mainstream

shame it's a) not straight, and b) misspelled

getting this on the back of my upper arm

sure, get a basic MEMEnto mori tattoo as if it's not posted here to death

>getting alquedi's on your arm

>memento mori isn't mainstream
it's only one of the most used symbols of painting since the 1600's but you can choose to be retarded

but user, anime is degenerate desu

Cringe worthy

Switchblade on the wrist/forearm? Good idea or shit?
Would want it in a similar style

HOLY SHIT THATS AMAZING!

The problem with the Vegvisir rune is that its not actually a rune, its a medieval staw probably inspired by Jewish magic and mysticism.....so bible quotes would go better than germanic or proto germanic elder runes

Its staff pardon me, Icelandic staff runes

Don't let these faggots tell you off user, that's a cool tattoo design

nice try, Schlomo

yeah, if you're a basic bitch with zero aspirations for anything unique or novel

Cool stuff, does it extend all the way to your shoulder?

looks cool, is there any meaning behind a switchblade tattoo?

>using runes to spell English words

10 tiny ones down my left arm. Here's a few.

Technically their staves, and while medieval mysticism seems to be the likely root, the Galdrabok contains uses for both the Younger and Elder Futhark, so connecting both in a tattoo isn't that odd (even if tattooing wasn't the means through which these staves were supposed to work).

Here's all 10. Be nice. Questions welcome.

Yeah, that strikes me as a mistake. Fortunately, there's a lot of overlap in the sounds represented in the English alphabet and the Elder Futhark, so the likelihood of fucking something up is somewhat lessened.

Fucking file didn't attach...

This is sick.

I like the ship

I like the ghost and the ship

Just looks cool. I’m not built or a fighter or anything.

Most of these seem pretty moderately sized. Cost?

switchblade/dagger tattoos are for girls, especially on the forearm.

>spess wolves
>inquisition

pick one

>Tattoos are for degenerates
which i agree
>But if i had to get one my number one choice would be the most degenerate tat imaginable. and i also would get anime tattoos?
what?

'i hate tattoos but here are the ones i want'

You are not a Russian gangster and should be shot for stealing Russian mafia valor.

>alquedi's
Someone doesn't know their dovah zuul

this might be the woat tattoo edition of all time

best advice on this board

I got a few but he's the best one yet

So when I got my first tattoo (small one), I didn't discuss about price anything before hand. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd one soon, so am I supposed to talk about pricing and time before hand? I know it's a stupid question, but I don't really know how to bring it up without sounding rude.

As long as it's Kakyoin why not?

It really depends on the artist that you're going to. If you decide to go with the same person, you should have a ball park estimate of what you need to come up with, depending on what you want. Haggling prices with artists is really disrespectful, and will make you look like a gigantic asshole. Give them your idea and size, and go with what they quote you.

Opinion on swans tattoo?

I see, but is it okay to split into a session and split the payment?

Do you guys have any cool minimalist spic shit inspo?

I got a few, I'll post them all.
1/3
Astrolabe on my back

2/3
Along my side / ribcage

I never really discussed price for any of mine. I was told what the initial minimum fee was and they worked off an hourly charge or something like that after. You get what you pay for though, so if you find an artist willing to do it cheap, that's how it's probably gonna look as well.

3/3
My 2 chest pieces. Runes are from a fantasy novel and the crown is from an anime. Curious to see if anyone can pick out which book and anime they're from.

Imo, if you're gonna get something from an anime, tv series or book don't get a character. It won't age well. Get like a symbol from the series or something, something vague enough that people who don't know about the series will still think looks cool and fans of it will be able to recognise it.

I was planning on getting depictions of mage spells like from a grimoire in the style of old occult artwork on my side as my next piece.

thought about it before. it would be cool, not my fav period of swans tho.

Only decent ones ITT

The others give off a general impression that most of people did not do well in school or have a really narrow understanding of what looks good or not. Ironic for a Veeky Forumsshion oriented board.

>inb4 posts anime bird
>inb4 le superior anime taste xDD

where are these pictures from? especially like the top right one, wanna see more like that

cool tribals, man

From a kickstarter for LARP props.

kickstarter.com/projects/884669312/arcane-scrollworks-first-level-spell-scrolls

>grimoire in the style of old occult artwork
why that picture doesn't represent that then?

underage kids shouldn't be on this site

>The others give off a general impression that most of people did not do well in school or have a really narrow understanding of what looks good or not. Ironic for a Veeky Forumsshion oriented board.
funny, i thought the same thing looking at yours

It's like your defending that pile of trash in your back yard from being stolen. Talk shit post tat.

****you're

$20 for each from a friend of mine in Queens. The wine bottle with flowers, rose and arrow on my hand are stick and poke done by myself.

Do you mean in the sense that you get a larger piece that takes two different sessions to finish it? It really depends on what you want to get, where you want it, and how large you plan on getting it.

Ahahaha you list only weird anime shit you degen. The most opinionated people are always the retarded kids who believed their dad when he said pot made you gay. No son, you were just born a faggot.

t. projecting faggot

Want this job left ribs. Thoughts ?

this

Nice

I really like it
fucking sick
I really like tattoos that are like that. If I ever get one it's going to be something like that but with personal meaning. Love yours tho. My favourite ones are the ghost and the bottle.
I've seen this posted before. It's hands down one of the best tattoos I've ever seen. I just love it.
good idea, bad choice of album. get the four images from the great annihilator. or the teeth from filth. or a tiny Seer
this is just bad
this one's adorable
what is wrong with you?
if you know a really good artist that can do its justice. maybe hcange it a little bit? so the figure's not that wide?

make sure to get the little dick tattooed bigger