Boots general

looking for black leather boots with soft insulation for very cold weather like pic related but better quality w real leather, no ext logos, no side zipper, no cap toe, and none of those lighter color accent stripes around the bottom or off-color stitches-- just plain black. black or natural metal color eyes are both fine

Other urls found in this thread:

drmartens.com/us/p/21797001
ugg.com/men-boots/hannen-tl/1008139.html?dwvar_1008139_color=STT
weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=171
britboot.co.uk/grinders-camden-black-leather-boot-2-straps-10-eyelet-c2x22660225
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats wrong with cap toe

theyre okay. gives them a dressier look which isnt my thing.

I’m looking for something like these. These are from a cheap Chinese warehouse site, trying to see if I can find a better quality alternative.

drmartens.com/us/p/21797001

Cap toe is associated with military formal uniforms
It's like having a Salt Life decal on your car but living in a lake town

ugg.com/men-boots/hannen-tl/1008139.html?dwvar_1008139_color=STT

I think cap toe associates more with work wear.

>Cap toe is associated with military formal uniforms
Nobody except troops associate with the with that

He said BETTER quality alternative!

I'm just joshin' you.
That's just lake humour.

Yeah I definitely don't have that association OP. I think cap toe is a pretty cool guy.

I think I like the look of OP’s boots a bit better. I like the seam line around the ankle rather than the leather going straight up. And visible fur is a big plus to me.

>Falling for my epic troll post
Thanks for the (You)s

Use them well

Anyone know of any good brands for black smarty derby boots? Something like pic related but less than £500

Where the FUCK do you buy doc lows in mono black in australia what th EGFUCk

How are these?
Any other recommendations for brown, high combat boots?

I was looking at Grensons and got Hydes from Loake, they're I think £240, they're maybe not quite as smart as the ones in your pic (though I don't polish them much) but I like them a lot.

Anyone know a similar alternative to Red Wing Ice Cutters? The price isn't really an issue, would just prefer them to be completely black. Commando sole is essential.

Look into Chippewa.

No idea where to find something like this

where do I find boots that aren't designed for manlets requiring that essential extra 2 inch lift?

What about Red Wing Harvester

Come back in the spring mate

Sanders Jodhpur boots or Massimo dutti

I don't know because I don't care. But try hiking Boots with full grain leather such as Danner and Merrell. They are made for practical reasons so if they have extra heights I guess you are out of luck.

Copped a pair at Nordstrom for $150, worth it at that price, compared to shitty Timbs. They are high but feel nice, if you are going to lace them all the way, then go easy, for me they somewhat pinch when I lace them all the way, but if you do it as your picture indicates, they should be very comfortable. Took me 12 hours to break them in, first 6 gave me a big ass blister that took a month to recover, but after that it's smooth sailing. Also recommend grabbing a shoe tree and maybe a 2nd pair of different boots, so you don't stink up/ spoil them.

This is coming from someone that always had shitty boots, buying first "real" pair of RW.

Okay, I bought this pair of DM 1461s brand new and I've worn them less than ten times, but there are these pieces of what looks like chipped leather on the tongue of one of them. Is this normal? Did I really pay $125 for shoes that start chipping within a month?

It's the plastic coating. Yes.

Oh. I wish I knew this before I bought them, because then I wouldn't have bought them.

Regardless of your height extra 2 inch helps

meermin

anyone on here would've told you if you'd asked

Allen Edmunds. Tons of promo codes/credit card discounts out there associated with them too.

not when you're 6'6. I'm already hitting my head on door frames.

Most sneakers are as tall as boots because they have huge midsoles. If you want the shortest possible heel, dress boots and dress shoes are probably your best bet aside from flat soled sneakers like converse.

just got this ones. Which pants should I wear to those?

How good are panama jacks, build wise?
Tried these on earlier on today and they feel comfy as fuck to wear.

these have real fur in them and they're pretty plain and nice looking otherwise. They do have a zipper tho (which makes putting them on so much easier so theyre great imo)

Thoughts? They're cheap and look warm enough but I'm worried they might be too basic bitch looking.

The sole is way too thick, they look ridiculous.

w2c

c/n?

on a scale of slant eye to FOB gook are you?

as a poorfag, are my only decent option those 'meme' austrian para boots?

I think so, milsurp in general is pretty cheap tho, look around, I think I saw some decent swedish boots for not much

Anyone wear jackboots? How?

looking for some boots similar to the ones in the pic. filename says timbs but I can't find them and they don't look like timbs imo. I don't want lining or any zippers, just a basic combat boot around that height. thanks

Most (high quality) boots that look like that are marketed as work boots because of the vintage Americana heritage workwear meme. For cheap stuff Chippewa's service boot is pretty similar looking and probably like $200 if you're willing to look around and wait for a deal. If you want to spend a shitload of money though, oak st, viberg, and a few other companies have some really beautiful stuff in the $400+ price range

What thread do you think you are in?

Any good ones that aren't high rise, too small for the cool ones

There are some Czech ones that are pretty similar. But yeah milsurp is pretty much the only way to get quality leather for cheap.

Any idea where I can find these boots or similar? Everything I check is either not cap toe or the soles are weird trenchcoat mafia lug soles

Those look like iron rangers except for the sole

thanks man, you're a straight up baller

What is the smartest color to buy for maximum versatility? If I want to be able to wear them with jeans and be casual, or dress up with a nice shirt or ride my motorcycle, what color should I get?

Might be a little too into biker / rocker territory for you, but check out Frye Ethan harness boots. On sale r/n, similar aesthetics

Too bad docs only last for a year unless you get the limited production english-made version

I got a pair of Chips for $90. Sierra Trading post has them for 70% off at times. They certainly not White's or Nick's, but theyre still pretty sturdy. Id have no problem doing yard work in them.

>wanted to get the Sacai x Hender Scheme Ankle Boots
>every store i check is sold out or not in my size

fuck my life

I got a pair of black boots because i find them most versatile.
In my own personal opinion:
Brown boots dont work well with black pants. I wear all black sometimes, and brown boots would stick out like a laser.
Tan boots dont work well with khaki pants. Makes you look like youre wearing the bottom half of a beige onesie.
Black boots work with black, blue, khaki, olive...those are all the colors of pants i have. Your mileage may vary. Just remember to wear a black belt if you wear one.

Think of finding the most versatile colour between black, grey and white adidas. Everyone would have different opinions.
I would recommend black or burgundy if you going to wear black jeans or coats. Picture is a burgundy one.

What about jackets? Do brown boots go with a black jacket?

Can someone give me a name or what kind/brand of boots these are? Also would jeans work with them?

>would jeans work with them/
>pic is wearing jeans
>obviously

What went wrong with Veeky Forums? How did it get this bad?

reverse search is linking to pathfinder..over pinterest i literally can't find that brand though.

Can I wear hiking boots in cold sunny day in autumn/winter city without looking ridiculous? I can change shoe laces to black.

hugo boss defend combat boots

yeah probably.

I'm trying to find decent winter snow boots made with synthetic materials but they all have fucking leather in them. It seems unavoidable to buy leather, it's in everything.

This is a good look imo. What's the general consensus on boots that high?

Copper knot?

Cop or not?
I’d switch the laces but I think the model looks pretty good

these look nice, how well was the fit, any gripes with the boot

dey look like a chode, pard

Got myself a pair of Red Wing Blacksmiths in the spitfire black color.
I like absolutely everything about them, and the spitfire leather has a very nice look and feel to it compared to the smooth polished leathers of other models.

What is the break-in period usually for you guys when you get new boots?

good boots for heavy winter snow ?

You got the legs for it?

About a week typically. Wear them everywhere and they will be broken before you know it

Nice Nazi gardening boots

Looking at a pair of Caterpillars, I'm an 11 1/2 but the only size they have is an 11.

Anyone have any experience with them? How do they fit?

>Any idea where I can find these boots or similar? Everything I check is either not cap toe or the soles are weird trenchcoat mafia lug soles
They are the black dodgeville by thorogood.

weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=171

cop or not?

thank you, friend!

I stand 6'1" and have long skinny legs. I'm pretty confident I could. I need to check on some more inspo to see what outfits would best compliment the boots.

Not

Sexy

What do you think of those ?

Grinders Made in UK mate.

This website will sort you out >> britboot.co.uk/grinders-camden-black-leather-boot-2-straps-10-eyelet-c2x22660225

Anything from the Grinder or Solovair range is fucking amazing, hefty on the price though as the shop gets them all made to THEIR specs.

Not, with the smallest rain, you'll collect water at the top of the shoe.

they look like a wooden floor

Is there something similar to this? Particularly I like the lack of branding, the rugged sole, the price (can get for $250), and the overall appearance, but reviews say quality control is bad.

I've owned a pair of Timberlands for less than a year and they're already coming apart :/

really?! how hard are you wearing them? posts pic of failure

I tried a pair of 1960's today, I felt like I had to size down one size, anyone with the same experience? Kinda scared they'll feel too small eventually