Boots general

boots general thread

Got sized in an RM store, they didn't have the colour I wanted (Rum) so I ordered them online through a stockist. Wore them for about a week and I'm still getting foot pain, especially around the toe box. Should have ordered one size wider (length is fine). RMW won't take em back because I bought them from a stockist and not an actual outlet, and the stockists are being cunts about it because I ordered em online and didn't get fitted in their store. Basically just gonna have to cop it on the chin, ebay them and buy a proper fitting pair.

Other urls found in this thread:

viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/service-boot-snuff-kudu?variant=30825602504
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are your thoughts on these?

Copped these some weeks ago. Pretty nice and TTS, I wear US9/UK8 on most my shoes and these are UK8. Took a while to break in though, and havent yet had real slippery weather to get an idea about how good those vibram commando soles are.

Thoughts on docs rakim model?

meh, not good. Check out Solovair derby boot though

Not my style, looking for something more hiker and rugged

frapac, danner mountain light, diemme, but they are all more $$$

Sounds bad OP
I hit up George Street for my Chestnut Comfort Turnouts and I've gotta say you really do need to get fitted in store. RM sizing is sorta peculiar

not good

pretty good

fugg ugly

op those are gayer than two dudes blowing each other

nice! insult RMs one more time kunt

can anybody suggest a boot similar in design to these?

Should I get RMs or SLP Chelsea’s?

I don't have much experience with SLP boots.
Wyatts are supposed to be fairly uncomfortable, whereas I know a comfort Craftsman or Turnout is a very comfy dress boot. RMs will crease pretty noticeably with wear though. They're different looks, ultimately I like the one-piece construction/look of RM Williams best.

Yeah, that’s pretty much convincing me to go with RMs, seeing as they’ll be primarily a work shoe for me. Do you have any thoughts on Craftsman vs Turnout vs Yearling? I’m gonna get one of those with the Comfort build

Why won't RMW ever go on sale?
FUCKKKKK

they are already on the cheaper end normally...

i like em

Somewhat, I'm so used to the theory of "sales" it's fucking up my head, but I want them as cheap as possible, without being used..

If you're getting them for work, forget RMW- huge waste of money. Get blunnies or redback boots. Depends on the work you are doing too, really

By work shoe you mean, office shoe, sincerely avoid blunnies or redbacks. SLP isn't appropriate either.

I thought the squarish toe of the Craftsman was yuck so I went with the Comfort Turnout and yea yearling seemed a bit too formal for my purposes. Note that i don't think they have the Turnout in anything other than normal widths, but the boot itself is very comfy and obviously has superb craftsmanship

It is annoying that LVMH have hiked prices ja, but this dude is wrong - blundstones/redbacks are fuck ugly/lesser quality in comparison to a RM

like I've got blundstone work boots and they're great at what they do, but they're no RM

Blundstones are definitely better for work (ie labour or on tha farm) but they're not a good refined/formal shoe

Thoughts?

Looks good

small brain: Craftsman
big brain: Santa Fe

Do you reckon the LVMH acquisition has changed the quality at all?

It’s for working as a junior doc, Chelseas seem to be a go-to for running in and out of theatre and being comfy on your feet

My brother and I accumulated 3 pairs over the past few years as we started grad jobs. The most recent one feels worse than the one bought in early 2015. Creases more, welt is a bit shitter.

Definitely worse quality half a decade or more ago. More expensive too. At least they're still made in South Australia.

Sounds like you want comfort craftsmans desu. Pairs well with tan chinos, that blue checkered shirt with a ralph pony to mingle with private school wankers.

But in all seriousness, RMs are decent with suits (in Aus) so I'd highly recommend them for your usage.

biggest brain: gardener

Maybe some logger boots would suit ya

>Wyatts are supposed to be fairly uncomfortable
Can anyone confirm or deny?

>height insecurity: the shoe

people with height insecurities wear low heels

thoughts on timb's wheat boots?

also cuffed or tucked in?

Anyone know where i can find boots like this

Looks like shit.

It litterally looks like fecal matter.

Here's the Chelsea's I own. What do you guys think?

i have them or a really similar model from dr martens and they are really chunky and round so i didnt like them

Thoughts on red wing Chelsea's

I wanted something that was a bit more rugged and sturdy

are red wings any comfortable and good for rain? (doesn't snow here)

I'm thinking of buying drmartens 1460 mono black (pic related). But I'm a small guy (5'7''). Should I stick to 1461?

I was thinking about copping a pair of black 1460 Dr Martens. What is the general opinion on these? I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to boots.

meme boot favored by girls and fags/twinks

My wardrobe is based on a northern country look (logger, fisherman, Alaskan resident-type styles) and I've been wearing a pair of Timbs for over a decade.

Which lighter-weight brown or tan boot can I replace them with?

nothing wrong with timbs brah, they classics

but you can check, danner or viberg

kinda what i feared, haha

This ones so sexy

FRYE bowery

Any1 have any recommendations for steel toe boots that have a similar look to Wolverine 1000 miles?

Also interested in something w/ more than just a leather sole for extended walking comfort.

Are made in England Doc Martens any good? Would they last forever? Also when Doc collabs with a different brand are they made with better materials?

>Also when Doc collabs with a different brand are they made with better materials?
No I have the raf x doc monks. Same shit

Leather soles are more comfortable actually. Get sneakers if you want squishy rubber

you either hate'm or love'm

just recently copped

I never thought it was possible for one person to have so many shit opinions

the shoe looks good, comes from a good brand

stop hatin brah, youre better off trying to learn something than mirin me

>muh brand
kys nigger faggot

this whole board is muh brand. u mad for no reason lol

/r/ normal boots, not Veeky Forums boots.

this monkeys, yeah?

What are some effay waterproof boots? I was once considering pic related but they are too expensive, anyone got anything simillar?

Can confirm, Wyatts are uncomfortable if you wear them for more than an hour or two. But they look baller and if you put an insole in they work alright

Copped a few weeks ago, comfy af

C O P
O
P

How wide are these? As wide as DMs?

Just copped these. Actually a half decent leather for a change.

Any boot versatile enough for a tech fit but can also be incorporated into a casual workwearish fit?

Ugly reddit boots
W2c?

Were Dr. Martens ever viable work shoes? They seem to crap out with every-day usage, no matter how often you condition them, brush them and keep them up. Apparently they costed around £20 brand-new when they first came out, so were they literally the cheapest option back then? I have a hard time understanding the way these boots could have lasted enough to really be worth the price they command these days.

Any love for harness boots?

thinking of;
>jofama-biker jacket
>mercyful fate t-shirt
>4-row pyramid stud belt
>black skinny jeans
>pic related as boots

Slowpoke here, w2c Austrian memeboots now that kommandostore is sold out/moving stock?

What are you talking about? Show us a pic

>dr. martens
>decent leather

There are a lot of pictures to choose from but I guess this is similar to how I'd wear them

what size OP? im assuming youre in Aus?

Sounds like an interesting fit. Boots that high are kinda hard to pull off in a fit. Post inspo, let's see some ideas.

Anyone know where i can find a pair of boots similar to this.

Closest thing i can find is something like this:

viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/service-boot-snuff-kudu?variant=30825602504

But don't that sort of money

Forgot Pic but this is what i was talking about.

These look really nice, bump for interest

> can't tell the difference between types of leather

Stick to "sneakers" lad.

I’m thinking of having some m1866s made, but only 6-8 inches tall, then putting buckles on them

Roast me

If it's any reassurance to you OP, the front pulltab combined with the rolled jeans makes you look like a retarded farmboy

Yes, dr marten's are very low quality corrected grain leather.

solovair > dm

>dr martens
>can't fathom the possibility of different leathers on different boots

I live in a small university town in Canada and there are more Blundstones around here than any other footwear. It's insane, especially the rustic chisel toe ones for females. It's reached Ugg boot proportions. Is it like this in the states?

Wait, is this for the aesthetics or function of the Blunnies?

t. confused aussie