Brexit

Can someone explain Brexit for me and how it will effect the U.S. economy, if at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is a referendum for The United Kingdoms (Britain) to exit the alliance to the European Union, relying primarily on the British pound Sterling and secondarily (perhaps) the United States Dollar. Increased trade maybe....

volatility initially after results are released and if the brexit actually happens.

British referendums aren't law abiding. So, I speculate that there will be a volatile swing (in forex and securities) in to whatever the market believes it will be and then a drawback after people realise that the government doesn't have to follow through with a brexit if they don't want to.

Source: I watched the big short trailer

Britain is voting on if it will remain in the EU
If they leave the EU, other wealthier countries will want to leave as well
EU could fall apart without the wealthier countries subsidizing the poorer ones.
Europe's problems that it's been hiding with German money could become much more apparent, sparking another recession.

yeah, I think i'll just sell all my US shares and wait until this is all over.

Trying to trade in US from the UK with exchange rate bouncing about is an exercise in futility

probably on the contrary, your currency goes to hell usd is still ok you better of staying in us shares.
if usd goes to shit your stocks will rise in value.
pretty comfy position for a britcuck.

not in value damn price inflation you know.

Gotta make new trade deals which takes years
New currency and laws/policies
A lot of volatility short term
Better for Brits in the long term
May cause other EU members to want to leave since its a failed union

Brexit will likely go thru and it's the end of EU as everybody will see british economy sky rocketing without Eu

What does this mean for the Euro?

This is what Im wondering. As an American living in Portugal, I'd like to see the Euro take a dive. Im looking to buy a house near the water.

I'd say Euro should go down along the british pound, since investors will see it as a possible risk for eu disintegration

The Euro is going to die. Hard.

People and banks starts buying $ because € goes down(UK is one of the biggest economies in EU). Actually EU banks have already started to exchange currency. Who is mad enough to keep cash on € when interest rates are negative. Funny thing is that US is going to run out of USD.

Yes. Capital flight to USD. The USD was stronger today.

It is just the beginning. Wait until all the Schiff-tier dipshits have their USD shorts liquidated. The squeeze will be tremendous.

what about buying gold to hedge against brexit risk? Soros seems to be doing it

EUR/USD sell then?

Everyone's doing it. I got my gold shares this morning and expect a nice profit come Brexit. But even then, hold on because poor US job reports and a shit Chinese market will keep it going higher.

Soros loves to call a crisis near market highs so he can keep adding to his position

Not sure why brexit would hurt britain.

Right now they pay 45% export tarif to the EU and it all goes to immigrants and other things Britain has no vote in. Once that's gone, Britain is set to make bank.

What do you mean?

Here's a good summary OP. Grab a beer and listen to the leave camp's argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

>Source: I watched the big short trailer
kek