Robinhood General [UPDATED FAQS]

Robinhood General [UPDATED FAQS]
Tuesday Edition

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
If you're not into robinhood - stockbrokers.com/offers

FAQs for Robinhood
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.

> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).

> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.

> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.

> What's a good penny stock to invest in?
Don't buy penny stocks you cum guzzling mouth breathing retard.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

> If I have Robinhood do I need to worry about 'Free riding' violations?
No, its not applicable for limited margin accounts (instant), and if you don't have instant, RH won't let you buy with unsettled funds

> Can I use Robinhood on my PC?
Yes, download an android emulator. Setup is extremely easy. memuplay.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

memuplay.com/
seekingalpha.com/article/1969591-oncogenex-has-a-potential-blockbuster-drug-but-the-markets-are-pricing-it-like-an-orphan
seekingalpha.com/article/3979465-speculating-pernix-therapeutics
seekingalpha.com/news/3183417-houston-american-energy-seek-acquisitions-merger-sale
wsj.com/articles/u-s-imposes-266-duty-on-some-chinese-steel-imports-1456878180
bbc.com/news/business-36319141
finance.yahoo.com/news/great-basin-granted-expanded-patent-130000022.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MEMES of the DAY (the good, the bad and the ugly)

Pharm
>$KMPH did NOT get FDA approval.
If this is news to you and you have a large position you may want to pour a drink before opening Robinhood. THIS ISNT A DEAD MEME YET for those of us who arent in currently. Some room to make money possibly on a bottom bounce. Look for the low and try to buy in while shorts cover and other investors are capitalizing on a possibly oversold stock. Definitely watchlist worthy
>$ELTP, watchlist worthy. ADF Opiod drug on priority review
Cheap stock took nice monday gains, has a drug awaiting approval, PDUFA July 14, which means you should buy in before then. Start looking for a nice entry. Going to get more volatile over the next month
>$CERU, the lost whale. Data being released this afternoon ~2 pm on phase II trial for a main drug
Stock took a dip today and has shown progressively bearish movement over the past week. Potential for a run back up to $2.55 over the next couple of weeks or possibly even short-term
>$ARRY people still shilling due to their pipeline. I've not done DD or seen copypasta in awhile
>$PTX Pump and Dump penny stock, imho.
No catalyst worthy news, people shilling on stocktwits about 'rumors of a merger', without having sources. This may be worth researching pivot points and playing the pump game for some fast gains. CTRL'F last thread $PTX, the only strategic post said he was setting stop loss at .5 since support seems to be floating the stock above .51. Seems like sage advice.
>$TLOG "Promising Stage I results for Lymphoma Drug"
Have not done DD but maybe you should look into this
>EBIO, just submitted a drug to FDA, made big gains yesterday. Might be done running

Idk who it was that told me to invest my 401K in EBIO a few months ago, but thank you... you've made me happier than most of the people I know and love.

Oil
Oil took a hit yesterday, if it starts climbing back up look for stocks that are slow to move. Watch $REXX, $XCO, $CJES, $HUSA, $HERO (risky), $CHK to name a few. If you've been watching these stocks already, you know a good price from a bad one. If not compare the week to the week's oil and natural gas and don't rely us to tell you exact buy-ins and sells
$TPLM. I've been doing very well swing trading. Volatile penny oil company. Don't just blindly buy in. Check the charts, definitely potential to make money here if you buy and sell appropriately

Commodities
I have been shilling Steel, especially since last week US imposed Tarrifs on Chinese steel at 244%.
$AKS - producer of flat-rolled steel (exactly what the new tax impacts)
$CLF - secured long term contract, had a lot of good news last month
Don't blindly buy in, look for a smart entry point in daily fluctuation. These are slow moving stocks (a few percent a day with high intraday fluctuations) and right now they are both sitting on a resistance point. For some reason "The Street" keeps posting articles advising people to sell, but sentiment is up really high and I am confident bulls will push through resistance.

Other stocks people will mention $MGT, $UVXY (interesting, worth checking out), $GEVO and $TTNP

{Please discuss stocks, dont whine about trips or bitch at eachother, there were about 1000 useless posts in last thread}

>CERU

STOP

SHILLING

THIS

GARBAGE

AND PTX - ITS CONTINUING STRAIGHT DOWN THE TOILET.

I'm out ptx peace.
Xgti here I come.
Gave me a quick 6% yesterday lets shoot for it again.

L U C K Y
F U C K

Strong start to the thread. Let's make some dosh today boyos

It's lookin bad Veeky Forums

That was a nice call although a big gamble. What was your avg share buy in?

I've said it over the course of the last few threads, $CERU has only made me money swing trading it. This dip from yesterday is a great buy in (i'm in $2.23) and I will sell today for $2.30. Not everything is a moonmission, but $CERU has some dates coming up this month that could give it a boost towards $3. Of course the company is in the shitty, they have no revenue right now. They need to get this drug approved so they can start growth. I'm not long with the company, but for the sake of the thread its worth mentioning.

and $PTX, did you even read my post? I'm not talking about hold a stock for a few days, 'penny stock, pump and dump' do these words mean nothing to you

dubs checked, I havent been watching. What's your buy in and selling points? I'll ghost it today or maybe put a small position to follow you

Have faith! Believe in the power of memes

I am so jealous. What could've been.

WHAT

COULD'VE

BEEN

btw guys, if you didnt check out the updated FAQ, some user recommended using Robinhood on your computer via Memu. I didn't even think of that. It's pretty sweet, check it out if you've been sitting in front of your computer with your phone out making trades. I'm usually at work doing construction bullshit so I hafta use mobile but this is still a pretty sweet tool

>memuplay.com/

.47/share.

damnnnnnn hows Earth look from orbit?

I got PTX a week or two ago. The reason it's being pumped is because there's a seeking alpha article that makes a case for a potential merger by the end of the year.

seekingalpha.com/article/1969591-oncogenex-has-a-potential-blockbuster-drug-but-the-markets-are-pricing-it-like-an-orphan

Wrong link
seekingalpha.com/article/3979465-speculating-pernix-therapeutics

Looks like I still can't believe it, honestly.

How much did you end up getting, if you don't mind me asking?

I need MEMEs to invest in Veeky Forums the DANKEST you got!

There's been a meme drought since GEVO

From the very bottom of my heart, I hope this goes well for a little while and people make a good 3-10% return per week and every pleb out there puts a large portion of money into this app and then they loose it fucking all.

someone's bitter they missed out on the moon missions.

Keep handing your money over to Goldstein for a measily yearly 8% return

>mfw you invested in bitcoin
I trade myself, moron this is a good racket we have going on and the last thing we need is a bunch of fucking idiots such as yourself coming in and ruining it

FAGGOT

How do you play these stocks? All the financials look like absolute shit. Like at any second they could and probably should bankrupt.

I get that you're playing the hype/momentum game. But how do you know when to get on and get off the train?

posting this again

>volatility fund has HUGE numbers
>thinking this is news
ummm

>AND PTX - ITS CONTINUING STRAIGHT DOWN THE TOILET.
The night is darkest just before the dawn. And let me tell you, the dawn is coming.

Thinking about going into AKS and HUSA with about a grand

Should I wait out the fed rate meeting or just go for it when my funds settle?

That's what was supposed to happen last Thursday and nothing happened. Then Friday and nothing happened.

NOTHING IS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN

RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so... I'm assuming you didn't withdraw your 401k early and take the massive tax hit? so how did you move your funds?

There may be more experienced Pharm traders than me here but theres two approaches I take. The more thoughtful one:
>Hear about pharma company people are shilling
>Look for catalyst
>Determine the importance of the catalyst (is this the company's staple drug, or is this a small piece of the company's pipeline? Is this drug a significant improvement on whats already out there? How likely does it seem the next PR is going to be positive?
>Is the stock priced in for a positive press release or is it priced to fail? (TTNP was already priced in for success, when it received FDA approval the stock went down)
So i am mainly basing off of investor sentiment and what I think will come of the next press release. But in cases like $CERU, I've just been watching the intraday movements for long enough that I know the daily spread, and the stock has strong support at 2.3, so anytime it dips deep into 2.2s I buy back. It regularly reaches 2.4 so there's an easy 5% and only takes a day of patience. Of course the company looks likes it should be bankrupt its putting all its 'chips in one basket' basically with these two cancer drugs is incurring debt until the drugs are approved. I don't really baghold on pharm companies but I do like to play the hype right before an announcement and then get out. There may be more experienced traders on here that can give you better info but so far I've done alright

$HUSA is in a scary position. up 6% AH, sitting on a resistance point at .26, if it breaks out of .26 it may run all the way to .3, which would be ~20% gain. But it could also drop back down to .245 tomorrow. I'm thinking about setting a limit buy in the morning for .265 and if it gets that high I'll ride it for a penny or two

how do you feel about AKS in the long term?
what are the barriers thats stopping US steel companies from reaching their 2008 heights again?

trading newfag here
>> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
does that mean that when you place a sell order you'll get the amount that the stock was worth when you placed it and not when the actual order goes through?

also does this app let you short? if not how do you do it?

seekingalpha.com/news/3183417-houston-american-energy-seek-acquisitions-merger-sale

I really dont know what this will do to the share price.

Domestic steel is hurt by oversupply from China and a few other asian countries but mainly China. Iron Ore pellet prices are up (back to 2008 levels, thats what CLF mines). With this tarrif in place on China I don't see much reason why we wouldn't slolwly start creeping back up towards those levels. I'm sure we dont have the same infrastructure to jump right back into an immediate steel boom and I would think that standing contracts will be honored with China until their expiration under some sort of grandfather clause. I am predicting a slow crawl and just keeping my eyes open for resistance. If this sounds like unintelligent assumptions everywhere it might just be. I binged and did a ton of research on $CLF when I first bought in around $4.60. I meant to go back and do more on the steel industry as a whole and $AKS but I got sidetracked on other stocks and life general and now we got this happening tax on China that popped up last week. I suppose I am just overconfident in US domestic steel wsj.com/articles/u-s-imposes-266-duty-on-some-chinese-steel-imports-1456878180

>Sell Types > Order Type > Limit Sell
There are various types of buy and sell orders you can make. Go to youtube and search for a brief video to explain them, ask again if you have more questions.

>short
can't short YET on robinhood although they have plans to include it.

Sorry I linked the wrong article for the tax: bbc.com/news/business-36319141
The article I linked before was a tax a couple months ago. 522% tax on chinese steel

$LIFE alert. Insiders are goblin up their own shares. Make sure to start stocking up.

just to make sure I understand:
>place sell order when stock is worth $10
>time passes before actual money changes hands, by which time stock is worth $9
if you placed a normal market order you get $9?
how long does robinhood take to process by the way? I've seen other places that can take days

Do you have a source? I don't see anything recent.

Think of it like this. The market works by matching buyers and sellers, you can only sell a stock if you have a buyer. So the price you see is an average, but usually there is a split between the Ask price and the Bid price. Lets say I have lemonade, I want to sell for $2. You come around wanting to buy lemonade for $1.95. If I chose 'market sell' and you are the highest buyer, I will automatically sell you my lemonade for your asking price. In that scenario, the buyer was making a limit buy, and the seller was doing a market sell. If you both had a limit order (he wanted to buy at $1.95 and no higher, and you wanted to sell at $2 and no lower) no transaction would take place. .. getting the drift? That's why they are called sell orders and buy orders. watch more youtube videos if you want full explanation on all of the order types. Stop losses are very useful. What you see as current price is the last avg market transaction.

Robinhood will instantly process your order and if you make a market order you will usually immediately get a notification when you click "buy" it will pop up and say you bought x amount of shares at $x.xx avg share price. The thing people complain about is unsettled funds. .If you don't get robinhood instant, there is a delay between when you sell a stock and when you can use those funds again to purchase another one. Thats normal for cash accounts. See robinhoods site for more info and check out investopedia as well. Id rather talk stocks to buy tomorrow than how the program works lol but if you have a specific question that you cant find an answer on google, post away

shit, I feel like an idiot
I think I get it now, thanks

so the reason an order would take a while to go through is if nobody is buying/selling at that price, but otherwise it's more or less instantaneous?
nothing to do with the stock broker themselves?

nevermind then, thanks a ton m8
you're a saint

The memes are weak Veeky Forums

Calling it today. Memeru finishes at 2.57

bailing from everything today I reckon - exchange rate to flaky fror a UKfag to meme properly

lose 150bongbucks but at least ill be able to sleep at night

I laughed out loud when I clicked the gif. +1 up vote for you

So whats the plan at open today?

PTX is looking worse and worse. Damn. I don't want to baghold, but I'm selling today if things don't improve.

Sell

Everything

Just see if it doesn't raise any until ~15 mins after open, if it drops below .51 I'm selling.

Waiting 15 mins after open to decide whether to sell PTX or not

Still profiting from your GEVO call on selling then buying the dip on Friday for Tuesday, idk how you know that shit from last Monday.
Any good stocks to watch today?

That's just what I'm doing, I'm already out $150 I might as well risk a little more and try to make something back.
No stocks, only memes sir.
>pic related
from last thread

Any reasoning on AKS?

I didn't lose much ($20 I bought in @ .54) but if the merger is at the end of the month I might as well pull now, use the money on other stock, make some gains, and then buy back in IF the merger happens.
Noko said it's something to watch so I'll just keep an eye on it.

It's a solid long hold don't touch it for 3-5 years. It will significantly grow in value. Another user posted about it in another thread and I thought it looked interesting. It acquired a B2 rating yesterday, it is avidly traded.
>Election year
We just had tariffs places on China for steel so steel prices are rising.
If Trump gets elected then commodities like: steel (go even higher), rubber, plastic (especially around Christmas) and leather prices will rise maybe even double in price.

It's had nothing but steady growth for 6 months.

Why would you guys consider EBIO? It already had an initial surge on Monday morning due to the licensing deal, but it looks to have stabilized.

Yes but it is a frequently traded stock, its trade volume is massive for something so small. I don't follow it as much as I used to, I made my money off of it and bounced but Broko keeps profiting from it, he'll probably pop in this thread and explain what he does. I will probably buy in again once it dips. We both called it breaking $2.30 back in May but I'm a pussy and got out at $2.11. ~20M outstanding shares, and it has ~7M 10 day average volume? That's pretty huge.

Thanks! Where did you learn so much about the market? I want to git gud as well.

Basic math, (I am no mathematician) if almost half of a companies market cap is traded every two trading weeks then there is a lot going on, and it hasn't slowed down really. I'm still learning to follow trends, I do not pretend to be an expert.
If a baby boom is about to happen
>invest in diapers, bottles, and baby rattles.

What's another good biotech stock besides EBIO that's cheaper? And why?

>he still hasn't bought PWE

I'm currently following MNKD post pump.
If all goes as planned they might be the next CPXX come September. A lot of naysay on it, but I'm more interested in their patents on Technosphere than their actual drug they plan to distribute, inhalable insulin isn't a new concept. But the old administering system for Afrezza looked like a giant cock pump. I'd link you the PDF but Veeky Forums thinks my link is spam. It's only 14 pages.

Believe me, I'm kicking myself over it.

Is that 2 pm est or pst?

>KMPH I agree
>ELTP I agree
>CERU buy when it hits a new low the hype will make 10% gains most likely
>ARRY- Long hold
>PTX sell 15 mins after open if no gains are made for safest option
>TLOG - I have done no research
>EBIO buy during a fat dip, it hit 2.50 during AH
I suspect it hitting 2.60 today, this is pure speculation.

If youre not profiting off of all this fear on the VIXs, you should go kill yourself

Can someone here post the invite link for the surgetrader group chat

I posted this in a previous thread, curious what you see Brexit doing to the market.

I predict the markets will move quite a bit after a decision is made.

Slack group chat, rather

It's just another union being formed.
I doubt anything big will happen, to be honest man. As far as the US stock market goes I'm sure we'll have a day or two of people panicking, but nothing big. Europe is slowly swallowing itself, they've let in refugees that are taking over, they're socialized with economics so they will eventually run out of money as people who are being highly paid and paying large portions of taxes are retiring and being taxed less, once they lose their portion of the global economy it's just going to make the US markets stronger. We're 22% of the world economy, we're not even an entire continent.

What's an ideal stock to get in for this morning?

watch out for GBSN
finance.yahoo.com/news/great-basin-granted-expanded-patent-130000022.html

What do you even do with your mornings? Like what time did you wake up and what are you doing right now?

Ah hit 2$ nice

Do you want a daytrade or a long term?
I sold already, no fuckin' way am I buying back in after that jump during AH
~6AM, rubbed one out, analyzed/reading up on a stock(s) I've been following for the past month. I'll probably write up why at least one of them is good and post it on Veeky Forums later if anyone is interested in something that isn't a penny stock. Drinking coffee and watching Bob Ross on Netflix. Been a pretty good morning.

The 52 week high was over $8k

What did I miss? Was there a split and it just tanked after?

Also thoughts on CMG?

Two splits

PTX god dammit why did I listen to you memers

Yeah CMG fucking tanked yesterday. If it dips more you should buy in if you have the $ for it. There won't be much gain unless you buy a lot of it. Like 10 shares of that is more than 64% of America makes in a whole year of work.

Based gear analysis please

I'm sitting on MNKD and PTX for long term but I'm gonna sell PTX is there's no rise. I'm 50/50 on it honestly, whatever looks good to me.

noob here, why is it a good idea to jump in after a 13% AH jump?

five year high is $12,453 and I think it was higher before that. WTF?

oh god wake me up inside bro i know that feel too well

10 shares would be roughly $4k, you're telling me 64% of Americans can't even make that?

Do NOT sit on PTX.
MNKD feels like a good buy to me, I'll buy more shares of it if it hits in the mid .90s they begin distribution in September.
it's not a good idea, but a lot of times stocks will gain another 15-40% after a spike like that during AH. A lot of times people just sell at open and everyone gets fucked in the rat race who is too slow.

>Highly Sensitive AMPED Molecular Detection Technology
People don't even know what that is. It's pure hype.

QID, SDS, SH

bullish day trades for the day

100 shares*** my 0 key sticks.

Jesus PTX has shit the bed. .50 in pre-market. Selling on open, holy shit.

maybe it'll jump slighly when it opens

Alright you got me after months of you CERU shills I'm buying 500 shares. Don't f me. I will meme you out of existence.

you guys are kooks for selling PTX at such a low unless you really need the liquid. Pretty sure I called an opportunity to buy at .48/.49 in a dip but everyones all no no support at .53. no you fucking idiots, you were the support at .53 now tough it out thru your five cent a share loss and push to July.

ONE MINUTE

Fingers crossed. These stocktwits guys are still buying lol

Just something to keep your eye on when market opens. They have a history of spiking greatly

its due to a patent being accepted, if the market is anything like PM today we should see some positive movement

don't trust those guys on there when dealing with penny stocks

they all hype it up to make it a pump and dump

$YGE
$YGE released on of the only solid press releases this morning as $YGE announced "Yingli Becomes Last Major Solar Manufacturer to Return to Profit." This is bringing in great activity towards this stock just under 100,000 in volume already. This is a must watch stock as it has a very low float of 17 million, only a 55 on the RSI, and decent volume this morning.

H E R E

W E

G O

watching AKAO
if it breaks 4.90 we could see a leg up

Of course. Luckily PTX is rising a little bit - at .51-.52 right now. Perhaps there's buying pressure at .50. Stop-loss at .49.