Gosha Rubchinksiy ss18

Gosha ss18 is here!
Is (pic related) the best piece?
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-menswear/gosha-rubchinskiy/slideshow/collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thinking of copping the split crewneck

meme brand like off-white, fear of god, cav empt, heron, yeezy, etc

if most consumers had any taste or knowledge none of these shit brands would be alive

stfu nigger

DUDE THE 90S IN EUROPE LMAOOO

it's pretty fucking great

That's kinda a dead meme, I think that you shouldn't com that.
That thing of joining different pieces is overdone.

Far inferior to the high quality basics of Uniqlo, am I right my guy? :)

What are some brands you personally like? Genuinely interested.

You know non memes like rick, ralph simons, and yojee

eh expected a serious response but okay I guess

Literally all gosha garbage is inferior to uniqlo

Look at this shit in OP, apparanty goshas best piece is an adidas track suit

Fucking hell

I copped the full pink trackie and set of badges. I jsut really love the colour of the trackie, and how ridicolous it is just makes me love it. I'm thinking of copping the exact same split jumper but i might wait till its on sale
It wasn't even implied its his best piece

If you seriously think a fast fashion brand can be in any way better than a designer brand who actually has a unique aesthetic then you are retarded

>unique aesthetic
L M A O
M
A
O

Anyone in these thread defending Gosha:

Can you explain to me what the unique aesthetic is????

Obviously you guys have PHDs in quantum fashionology so I’m sure you can help me out.

I'm in it for the slavcore

He’s a moron who uses sarcasm in every post to avoid criticism. Ignore him and do not reply to him. He is incapable of original thought.

>”what’s so good about gosha?”
>j-just i-ignore him!
Lmao

How does Gosha fit? I'm definitely more on the pudgy/chubby side (doing my best to lose weight) and I want to know before I try and buy anything.

desu you also ignored my post about what brands you do like. kinda contradictory now you fag

rick, ralph, raf, yohjee

literally all of them are better than gosha

>implying rick, raf and yojhi aren't meme brands

nigger

I think he has very interesting designs that other designers never really picked up on. For example the patterned grandad jumper or the double collar jumpers that dropped today have a sort of unique thrifted aesthetic, or the double cuffed stuff from two years ago was great, also I adored the mix check scarves that he did. When you look at at his designs there's actually a lot of unique wearable stuff, that personally I think most of it is great

I realize you're just a troll but to anyone who is interested in Gosha's appeal in the eyes of people who actually matter (like industry people) read this.

www.highsnobiety.com/2016/03/14/gosha-rubchinskiy-op-ed/%3Fformat%3Damp

I personally would not wear any Gosha because it's not to my personal taste, but I can still respect him and get what he's doing.

I want that burberry shirt but im broke

lmao wtf

did you even read that shit? the whole thing is summed up that it is hyped up hot garbage and the author is trying to defend it

its le high fashion with le streewear look bullshit that pretty much ruin high fashion and brought us to this retarded state with shit brands like :

the article even says it: he has the resources of CDG to make the highest quality shit but chooses not too

lmao, you are literally paying for overpriced garbage.

>Part of the reason such a question even needs to be asked is because Rubchinskiy’s clothing is, by typical standards, ugly. Acid-washed denim, unattractive brown hues, ill-fitting coats, fake shearling – all the epitome of bad taste, which is something that Gosha embraces. The resources at Rubchinskiy’s disposal are unlike anything available to other fledgling labels – COMME des GARCONS handles his production, so he could make the finest quality jackets or knitwear if he chose to. But he doesn’t.

>This, in itself, lends a sense of intrigue to his output. He is seemingly uncaring and aloof when it comes to what’s considered “good” within fashion. His designs are inherently naïve, so they carry an alluring charm. And, equally important, none of it feels contrived – you sense that Rubchinskiy genuinely does not care about creating an exacting vision of “cool.” Which, of course, is cool in itself.

its just hype lmao, holy fuck i didnt think it was this bad. this guy is a genius and you guys are all simps for buying it

This, in itself, lends a sense of intrigue to his output. He is seemingly uncaring and aloof when it comes to what’s considered “good” within fashion. His designs are inherently naïve, so they carry an alluring charm. And, equally important, none of it feels contrived – you sense that Rubchinskiy genuinely does not care about creating an exacting vision of “cool.” Which, of course, is cool in itself.

This is the point. Do you even understand what you’re reading?

The author is saying Gosha doesnt even give a fuck about quality or his designs

so whats there to appreciate? hes cool because hes not trying to be cool? thats retarded, thats the mentality of a highschool girl

he doesn't have good designs
he doesn't have good quality
he is overpriced
he is not even trying

so why do people like him? its just hype.

people stopped buying cdg play so rei made you guys buy gosha instead lmao.

gosha goes to thrift stores in the former soviet block to buy old sportswear and ravewear and has pattern makers copy the pattern and has it reproduced. strange thing is gosha is now invited by the brands who made the sportswear he copied to revive their respective pasts.

gosha is a stylist, not a designer. ralph lauren did the same thing for the old american prep look and labeled it polo. gosha is a repackaging genius.

>he doesn't have good designs
subjective
>he doesn't have good quality
true but extremely high quality would be dumb looking with the poverty thrift russian look, plus its not like its awful quality just doesn't reflect price
>he is overpriced
true but so are most designers
>he is not even trying
you dont have to try for people to like your shit, like someone can spend weeks designing something and it ending up being mediocre

maybe you're not trying with your arguments:)

Who even are you dude? Post fit.

"alright factory workers at the CDG plant, I want this track suit for next season"

-ok we'll get the pattern for small, medium-

"No start with Large go all the way to 4XL, relabel it starting from xsmall"

REI: lemme cosign this genius, call of highsnobiety and hypeast

People like Big Guy are the biggest brainlets. Show me a person who doesn't give any weight to the designers' ethos or bigger "project" or context

There are very cool interviews with Russian youth on Youtube talking about Gosha.

I would never wear Gosha as a non Slav or Russian, but I do get it.

Then it is a guy who talks shit about everything but then participates in Uniqlo threads and says he has a bunch of converse in the sneaker thread.

It's fine if you just want to dress normal and such that no one can possibly criticize what you're wearing, but these people rarely get the bigger points of fashion design beyond the look of the clothes themselves.

A brainlet looks at Gosha and based on what he sees calls it trash with no context or perspective.

I hate people like this. You investigate nothing further beyond your knee jerk reaction to it. Pathetic.

BRAVO GOSHA IS SO COOL NOW THAT THE EPITOME OF FASHION [Russian Youths] TALK HIGHLY OF HIM ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS

TRULY YOU MUST HAVE A MASTERS IN FASHION ANALYTICS (MFA)

Literally no one in this thread can explain what makes Gosha unique. Only one fag said why he likes it. The rest of you are just pseudos with your bullshit “I get Gosha, you don’t get Gosha”

L L O L
O O
L O L O L
O O
L O L L

I cring'd

Y even spent that much on shitty clothes. Go for Carhartt or some crap.

only these posts:
came close to revealing the insight of what the aesthetic of gosh is. most of the posts that arent mine are just crying that i am shitting on gosha

damn

Why do you speak in such incantatory absolutist terms? I never said anything about the "epitome of fashion". That doesn't exist. There is no epitome of fashion. Gosha is communicating and celebrating something about his particular culture and his experience. That does not make it the sine qua non of fashion, it makes it an interesting piece of the communicative dialectic that fashion should be.

What he is doing has context and it has value. Even if you and I don't personally find it appealing we can still appreciate it on a level beyond our knee jerk reaction and personal taste.

>if you just want to dress normal
gosha literally is normal, mall-tier athleisure with a slightly eastern european twist

barely anyone who wears this shit wears it in an interesting manner

It’s literally russian fashion in a scene dominated by rappers and Americans

holy shit

i spent this whole thread asking what is the idea of gosha, and literally no one has come up with anything

"oh i get gosha"
"oh gosha got a design ethos"
"oh gosha got context and value"

WHAT IS IT?

fucking hell, all you fags do is give me some pseudo shit dodging the question. this is a gosha thread and none of you can explain gosha?

Please read my post again. Gosha is communicating about as well as celebrating his culture and experience.

Also please learn capital letters and punctuation.

so you dont know? fucking pseudo

can someone explain to me what part of gosha's culture and experience he is celebrating and communicating here?

is it literally just 90s slav shit? this honestly doesn't even look too slav, if he had a new era cap and wore air force once instead, he wound be a nigga in 90s, hell even in some shit holes in the US, people still dress like this

I like it, idc if it's overdone as long as it suits you

You asked the idea of Gosha and I gave you my take.

I also think it's funny you scoffed at the opinions of Russian youth like they don't matter.

Who are YOU and why does YOUR opinion matter so much?

Bet you will not answer that question, or evade it.

Are you retarded? I hate when people become namefags with utter ignorance of fashion

YOU CANT JUST DISCOUNT SOMETHING AS “PSEUDO” JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT IDENTIFY WITH OR DONT LIKE IT

He's just trying to shit up the thread, and succeeding at it

im just a guy on Veeky Forums asking about gosha, and i am giving my opinion on this garbage.

you didnt even give a take at at all, you said he was celebrating and communication his experience and culture. that is some generic answer you can give to fear of god, off-white, yeezy whatever.

Unapologetically celebrating a recognizable and distinct aesthetic from his home country while disrupting dogmatic sensibilities in the world of high fashion. Or the flawed "epitome of fashion" thinking you latched on to earlier, in part.

But you're not. You have a name attached and you are very opinionated and have a comment on most everything on Veeky Forums

You clearly think your opinion matters A LOT

No?

SO WHAT IS THE ''''CULTURE'''' AND ''''EXPERIENCE'''' THAT GOSHA IS TRYING TO CONVEY?

is your understanding of gosha limted to "yeah i feel that gosha is trying to communicate something, but i dont know what it is. but i get gosh though :^)"

lmao

no it doesnt, its a name, you can even take it

You have to look at context, and also saying that just shows ignorance of those brands too

so what is the fucking context? i have been asking that the whole thread. everyone says they know, but they dont say anything

Russian culture. Seeing as russia usually does not teach English in their schools like other European countries, you can’t argue that it’s no different than french or italian fashion houses

but its not distinct, look at this shit:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-menswear/gosha-rubchinskiy/slideshow/collection

its all over the place

the guys outfit looks like any old man going fish early saturday morning

You clearly don’t understand what a runway show is

aside from the full kit wankery, this doesnt look any different from other english designers. the only difference is that he put some slav logo here and there

If you think every runway show is styled with the same vision as that, then you dont either.

Show me some examples from other shows that look similar. I doubt you can when you don’t even understand runway shows in general

I didn’t say that, did i?

so no is going to tell me what the culture and shit that gosha is trying to convey?

so its just Russian culture? what part of the culture? the streetwear? oh so its just slav shit?

fucking hell

Im Russian and wut is this

Im kinda impartial to Gosha but not really sure how this is really conveyed in his clothes besides it being sorta popular in the 90s. It's not like that makes it distinctly Russian.

Waste of quads.

Lol. Imagine how stupid you sound. "Wut is Rick Owens? Is it traditional Apache culture? Wut is Raf Simons? Is it Belgian culture? What part of it exactly?"

Have you ever been to any Slavic country? Every grandad dressed literally like this almost every day, especially those vest. They’re like a staple of grandad fashion over there

He's just moving the goalposts to be irritating. Just ignore him, he will get bored eventually like the all caps Arabic name trip did.

English is teached in every Russian school

Pieces are weak but runway was really good conceptually (letting each model narrate a short biography to portray contemporary Russian youth).

What is this supposed to prove?

Most teachers are still from Soviet Union. They so teach it, but extremely shitty (back then ideologically you could learn enough to read, but not to communicate). Foreign languages are weakest part of Russian education and I preferred it over German one all the time.
>t. born in Russia and lived there for 13 years

the quality of English classes in Russia is awful but every russian younger than 50 knows some basics and they even are going to make english exam mandatory
i'm russian and to say that you speak english here you must speak it fluently maybe that's why it says only seven million speak it

enlighten us pls (serious)

B Mocкoвcких шкoлaх ycилeннo yбиpaют coвкoвых yчитeлeй, вo мнoгих дaжe пpинимaют нa paбoтy тoлькo c мeждyнapoдными cepтификaтaми. B пpиличных yнивepcитeтaх oбычнo ecть пapa-тpoйкa нocитeлeй в кaчecтвe пpeпoдaвaтeлeй. EГЭ тoжe cильнo измeнилocь и cдaётcя c импpoвизиpoвaнным гoвopeниeм. B кpyпных гopoдaх вce yжe нe тaк плoхo, кopoчe.

>>>/Anythingtodowithlinguistics/

I just want to say I'm sorry guys. I don't like Gosha, but I could have been more civil with my criticism and more open minded in my discourse. Belittling other anons only served to make me feel superior.

I guess I'm just a little grumpy cuz daddy really stretched me out last night, and I'm so sore it hurts to sit or walk.

Thanks for letting me vent!

>this is how mad people get because some people dont like Gosha.

AYO HOL UP

so no one defending gosh as yet to explain the idea behind gosha?

lmao

I wrote that. I don't even care about Gosha. I just think BIG GUY is a dick.

I personally like (pic related) jacket, it reminds me of a skinhead bomber but without the faggotry of modern bombers. Now if the guy in pic related would shave his head, then he'd be 100% skinhead.
The crimson polo also goes along very nicely

Я и нe знaл. Пepeeхaл из Eкaтepинбypгa в Гepмaнию, кoгдa мнe тpинaдцaть лeт былo. Oбpaзoвaниe мoжeт быть и yлyчшилocь в этoй cфepe, нo нa интepнaциoнaльнoм ypoвнe ни oкoнчaниe шкoлы, ни диплoм из yнивepa к coжaлeнию в Poccии к coжaлeнию нe шибкo кoтиpyeтcя (этo ecли ты нe быдлoкoдep, тoгдa быcтpo вoзьмyт вeздe).

Deutschrusse ja? Ich lebte dort in Deutschland als auch. War leider in Russland nicht geboren sondern, doch bin Russisch aufgevachsen. Jetzt leb ich in scheiss am*rica

>It’s literally russian fashion

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

t. Russian

Those sweatpants, shoes and hat bring back many memories from growing up im rural Eastern Europe lol

Bыcшee oбpaзoвaниe вcё eщё yжacнo, дa.
Teбя нe Apтyp зoвyт cлyчaйнo?

Ja. Warum bist du nach USA umgezogen? Mit den Eltern? Weil eigentlich ist Deutschland schon in vielen Aspekten besser als Murrica.

is that a bomber jacket?

>Teбя нe Apтyp зoвyт cлyчaйнo?
Кocтя :^) Caм тoжe из Ёбypгa чтoли?

Heт, из Mocквы. Пpocтo ecть oдин дaльний знaкoмый, кoтopый пpимepнo в тoм жe вoзpacтe yeхaл.
Я пpocтo тoжe oднo вpeмя дyмaл пo пpoгpaммe yeхaть, интepecoвaлcя. Дaвнo yжe тaм живeшь?

ja halt mit dem eltern. Und ich geb zu das am*rica scheisse im vergleich zu Deutschland ist. Das einzige gute hier ist das ich knachen haben kann.
Ist ziemlich scheisse hier. Haelfte der leutensind behinderte schwuchtel die vergasst sein sollen

I think it's called a harvey jacket if I'm not mistaken

Stop met andere talen te spreken!!

Well, It's soviet fashion * So something your uncle would wear.

That only 15% of russians speak english