/bg/ Boots General - Midwinter Edition

Boots General. Post recent cops, advice, styles, etc.

How are your boots coping with the snow America? Pic related is a recent cop/on the way for visit to Europe at the end of the year.

Other urls found in this thread:

surpluspontrouge.com/en/combat-503-jet-black
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone have thoughts on these?

They're on sale but I'm kinda on the fence.

just copped 1460 nappa, did I fuck up Veeky Forums

Nice boots.

Are 1460's tall enough and have enough room to tuck my jeans into? Don't want to buy a pair if I can't do this.

I would say so yes. Room-wise it will depend on how thick your jeans are though obviously.

as general rule 6 inch boots are no go for tuck ins. it just looks off. 8 inches are fair game however

got these brand new red wing iron rangers for $7 last week $320 retail. plan to put some lug half soles on them any recs other than vibram?

w2c good quality square leather laces in europe? I like the viberg ones but shipping is expensive as fuck

what boots are those?
google image says north face but couldn't find them on their site

bump

redpill me on brutini calloways
how do they fit around the ankle? do they run big or small? how weather-resilient are they? will people think i'm a homosex if i wear them?

>$7
???

personally i think they're uggo mate

Are Gripfast good alternative to Docs? I hear that they're better quality than modern vintage DMs.

They're more hardwearing than the vintage dms but not as comfortable of equal quality just a slight trade off. Good alternative if you like the more aggressive style

Don't wanna be basic and get docs so helps Veeky Forums: Solovairs, red wing iron rangers or gripfasts?

Just picked up these on sale for a trip to Iceland this summer. Waterproof and insanely comfortable. I tried on a shit ton of waterproof shoes but these came out way ahead.

techfag here. I just want a pair of boots that I can wear in any condition and not be worried about them getting abused.

Any comments on Danner Tachyons? Are they cringy? I'll be going pretty much black cargos/bomber jacket/hardshell for the remainder of the cold and wet season.

They look like clown shoes irl. Widening at the toe.

Feels very weird.

Fuck, really? I was worried about that.

Also, open to weatherproof, minimal alternatives. I like pic related too but I'll have to import them to US from either Japan or Canada, plus they're just suede..

they are very weird, not good feels

they could be cool if you're huge tall and swole operator

More hardwearing, as in they'd last longer? From what I've understood you could get Gripfast's resoled.

There's better options out there, I've seen these in person and wasn't impressed.

Recent cop. Rate em lads

I'd switch the lace colour to black.

Yea planning on doing that desu, you sure black would be best?

the fuck are you wearing

thoughts on this ones?

what are these

Whatever he wants. Why do you care?

Call me a fag, hypebeast, whatever you want but I have been wearing these all winter and I love them. Super comfy, easy to put on, and able to be worn casually or in a military-type vibe.

those are good shoes, i work at timberland. got these about 2 months ago and i wear them everywhere.

W2C

How is everyone such a pleb. Wish I had the mental incapacity to wear sorel shoes without feeling like I had poorly cobbled felt coated in silicon gel strapped to my feet.

Are they worth buying for 200€?

They're Timberlands, so in general, yes if that's your style. I mean, they're great work boots. I personally think they're pretty played out in terms of styling though. inb4 "they're timeless user"

>inb4 "they're timeless user"
My brother who is more knowledgeable than me about fashion told me something similar very recently.

My boots I've been wearing everyday since late spring of 2017

Get them in GoreTex. They are better than Nike SFBs.

No.
>inb4 "they're timeless user"
It's a shitty made in china boot.

What’s the best leather conditioner to use? It it safe to buy kiwi brand or does anyone have recommendations from amazon or eBay?

Just ordered pic related don’t know if I fucked up or not though

Lemme sprinkle my salt here
>bring ami crepe soul buckle boots to cobbler, crepe soul is splitting so I would like them resoled
>say I would prefer a different soul then crepe. Still soft but last a little longer
>they recommend vibram, show me soles similar to what they said they'll use
>alright, whatever just please fix it.
>charge me 120 for it
>pay and get my ticket
Fast forward to end of week
>pick up boots while rushing to work
>"do you wanna try them on or look them over before you take them?"
Wut? Why would I need to? I'm in a rush, I trust you did a good job.
>gives me a bag to toss them into
>after work take them out and look
>whatthefuckisthat.jpg
>there's some weird shit on the suede plus the soles are ugly as sin
>bring to a different cobbler over weekend
>diff. Cobbler says that was stained from glue they used. He points out other area they tried to remove it and damaged boot. Says the sole is hard as Fuck and shouldn't ever be used with soft leather like this. Says the crepe sole still on there could have been ground down to make the sole flush with the under sole. Overall shit job
>the glue stain is removable but with a thinner that will change the colour of the boot and you'll need to apply it to the whole boot for both to keep colour consistent
>diff cobbler says suede is a pain in the dick to work with because it can be easily stained and scratched and is obvious when it is.
>tfw I paid 120 dollars to have a guy damage, and fuck up, my boots and there is a good to fair chance I can't get my money back because he obviously doesn't keep receipts and only does cash.
To boot, he kept my shoe trees.
Do I start the conversation with
>I want you to pay for a new pair of boots
And then "settle" with a full refund plus some thing extra? Pic related.

i really want a pair of these ol camions but theyre 350 quid

daily reminder if you don't live in an area that gets 4 inches of snow everyday you have no business wearing boots

I need protection from metal and liquids during work you ignorant ass

What about rain or mud?

Fell for it

Only pretending to be retarded, clever trick

I don't really know if it was a bait because it's actually a valid point

First post wasn't me but if you're fucking stupid enough to believe any "daily reminder x" post then that's your problem. Enjoy your F.A.S.
Same

How often? Do you condition them? Asking because I'm copping a pair of those for 10€ to use as my beaters.

Got some kind of timberland boot today. Waterproof to survive the swedish snow and wetness better.

Feels 200% normie but damn. I'm tired of looking for a decent winter boot.

Never bought a pair of boots before, and my first pair should probably be a stable. Like this in all black. But I just love how this looks, cop or not?

w2c op?

if you want, sure, bu its not really a boot...

monkey boots are boots, user. what do you think qualifies as a boot? some people call doc derbies boots here baka

RIP

They can't ground down the last bit of crepe in there because the upper is stitched into it. Also it's a sole not a soul.

Seems like that would irritate the ankle and be uncomfortable. Even if they're technically boots they really don't look it.

Next time buy a goodyear welted boots I guess... Sad but it's a reason people hate "perfectly acceptable for normal weather" sleek suede boots and buy clown-ish red wings.

danner combat 503. Only available from Japanese auction sites and also here:

surpluspontrouge.com/en/combat-503-jet-black

And I think the first cobbler did what you told him to (not glue stain of course). It's just goodyear welted footwear could be resoled by removing an old sole and non-welted footwear have various problems resoling it(blake footwear have hard time about resoling a sole) or cannot resole it. (normal footwears, called cemented construction, can only be half resoled by your boots method which is cutting down the old one and glueing a newer sole)

w2c?

Is it weird to wear boots(Docs) in the summer?

Which model is this?

solovairs dude

W2C?

they are Red Wing 2944 harvesters bud

in case you're from yurop, panama jack has a similar boot

This. Though any moderately competent cobbler should have told you this would be the outcome.

nice uggs

i think i saw these on aliexpress

If Red Wing boots are supposed to be so much better than Wolverine 1000 mile boots, by are they Wolverines so much more expensive?

what are these I like them

Copped at store called Platypus in local mall for $250 AUD

>my $800 pair of boots has a huge hole in the toe
>currently a NEET so no money to buy anything new
>have to walk through snow in running shoes

I love this

>steps on rake
>shivers in disgust

This is what it would look like if ronald mcdonald got drafted

I'm looking for some everyday black boots.

Which one should I pick?

kek

Are the meme boots true to size?

They run a little large and very wide. The wideness can be mitigated with a thick insole and thick socks. I wear a size 10 in sneakers, size 9-9.5 in boots, and a 43/8 in memes with an insole and I pretty much exclusively wear two pairs of socks with them. I just followed the kommandostore size guide and it was good

What is a good pair of boots that are waterproof/warm for walking at but aren't also ugly as fuck?

A buddy of mine gave me these for my birthday. They're super comfy

Incredibly subjective. But you're never going to find something minimal and plain and 100% waterproof so just accept the ugliness and get some goretex bean boots or some expensive insulated wellies.

Unless you don't need them to be actually waterproof but close enough (i.e. if you don't plan on standing around in puddles), then

wtc? can't find them on the palladium website and reverse image search isn't helping

Viberg or Truman?

What is the name of the model and brand?

They're Timberlands, idk the brand I'll check for you in a few minutes or you can just check their website