ETHEREUM GENERAL

If you aren't pouting all of your money into Etherium (18.87 at time of this post) you are a fucking tool and deserve eternal poverty edition.

Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.

These apps run on a custom built blockchain, an enormously powerful shared global infrastructure that can move value around and represent the ownership of property. This enables developers to create markets, store registries of debts or promises, move funds in accordance with instructions given long in the past (like a will or a futures contract) and many other things that have not been invented yet, all without a middle man or counterparty risk.

The project was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed by the Ethereum Foundation, a Swiss nonprofit, with contributions from great minds across the globe.

>>What is Ethereum
ethereum.org/

>>ETH/BTC
coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/btc
>>ETH/USD
coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd

Other urls found in this thread:

whaleclub.co/join/CiCCMS
yobit.net/en/trade/ETH/BTC/?bonus=eLJwf
discreethash.weebly.com/
youtu.be/V-vTOo7f4f8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157471&cm_re=asrock_mining-_-13-157-471-_-Product)
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6J32GU7224&cm_re=pcie_x1-x16_adapter-_-9SIA6J32GU7224-_-Product)
yobit.net/?bonus=eLJwf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I put in $900 when it was at $14. Should I put in more?

Trade ETH with x5 leverage on whaleclub.co/join/CiCCMS

I put in $900 into BTC when it was at $14. Should I put in more?

yobit.net/en/trade/ETH/BTC/?bonus=eLJwf

>tfw poured all my money into ETH and don't have anymore to put in

If I had lots of money I could have made myself rich off of this and BTC exploding in price. Fuck.

>if I was rich I would've been rich

I put in 1,500 at an average of $13

Wish I put in 10,000

Don't want to buy more now that its high

Don't know what to do

100k would have been enough to make some nice $$$ from this. Especially if you were bagholding ETH and BTC and bought @ $7pc and $440pc respectfully

having 100k to invest doesn't make you rich bub

What happens with ethereum if the gubbamint decides to shut down the internet?

Switch to alternative meme power source

ITT: ETHcucks going all in after their meme tokens already peaked

>They will never experience owning TRUMP and being on board during its rocket ride to the moon

Lucky you! It's still dirt cheap.

how do i buy ETH gais. Im not from the US so i cant use coinbase

It's not high. Buy more.

I'm in for 12130$ at 18$ a coin
thanks vitalik

bought around $600 when it was about $3. I don't regret anything. I couldn't justify putting more in at the time

dutch reporting in, am using coinbase

just buy btc with euros and then buy eth with btc

So once I buy some eth do I hold onto it and sell a little bit for profits? How do I then exchange some for USD if I want to spend my earnings?

fellow dutchy, do you have any experience with cashing out?

Like taxes and shit?

I'm kinda scared of the belastingdienst when the time comes and we cash out our Vitalikbucks.

$19.50 and its NOT EVEN SEPTEMBER

$70 by september IM CALLING IT NOW

No experience with cashing out, if I'll make big gains ill just transfer it back to my bankaccount in small amounts.

is this Eth pump&dump? wish I got in early but only litterally discovered Veeky Forums 3 days ago.. fml.
getting in now with .4BTC can I still make decent profit or do I need to be investing fucked up amount of money like 2-10k.
Only coin I'm invested in at the moment is Breakthrough coin and I have about 0.2BTC in it...
cheers boi

Any amount you like bud.

Ethereum will be bigger than bitcoin in about 1 year

is this meme coin or what going on man?
I don't know if to believe people or not but obviously it's been going pretty fucking good so far, just have a feeling a group is behind it and they're all going to take their profits and leave everyone bag holding? like when will it be time for everyone to sell their Eth

Pardon my ignorance how do I buy BTC to convert to ETH without having a mobile phone?

Anyone want to help a guy out? Asking for some ETH before it's too late. Please and thank you. I hate grewing up poor and being poor in my adult years.

0x1948538946f21b6aa988e7477f6d4b33dccc8fd0

What?

You use a pc connected to the internet.

No one is forcing you to invest.

Just remain at your current level of wealth if you so wish.

everything asks for phone verification. coinbase does anyway

Check your account nigger, you're a millionaire now

>people literally asking if they should invest
the pump & dumpers have a vested interest in you buying, it makes the price go up
How do people not know anything about crypto

COOOOOPE.
Thats what you idiots said back in January as well - you're pumping the presalers. Investing in Ethereum is building the foundation in order to get returns later on. Ethereum increased EIGHTEEN TIMES in the last 6 months. Tell me another investment that did as well.

Can someone please help me with eth? Just made the wallet, i hate to be a nocoiner 0xBa19e0A2c3A1a4c83cAB697E3B665301eC9E3eD4

>yobit

I dont use coinbase. And neither should you.

well what do you use that doesn't need phone verification family

Poloniex

new ethereum cloudmining site:
discreethash.weebly.com/
Thoughts?

hi
so heres my problem Im in Poorland I have some money USD and PLN in paper
I want to change this value into Ethereum and store json copies on SD cards or something like that
how into ?

może jakiś Polak here i mi pomoże

should I go to reddit?

Yes, r/ethtrader

Guys I can't afford a whole bitcoin right now but what if I just buy $300 worth of bitcoin and put it all into ether?

Would that be a pretty good investment?

It would be the investment of a lifetime

watch this video you can earn some good dough part-time not legal though but doesnt seem risky at all if you do it quitely without telling anyyone

youtu.be/V-vTOo7f4f8

Where do I actually buy eth with usd?

ukr here / tobi treba zrobiti money order ta kupuvati bitcoin chi potim yogo zmenyati na eth na yakos birgi yak polonix

I have 700ETH that I bought when they where around 4$. Should I buy more?

We just hit a new high; trend will probably continue through ~6/19, followed by a retread at the midpoint of $13 & whatever the eventual bubble is. I'd guess that could be around $17-18, in the near term. Then, in the long term (>1 mo), we're looking at maybe $15 for the valuation; starting in early July, get into BTC, as the halvening will drive prices up probably ~15-20%, at least, in the next month, and maybe more long term.

Right now, my long-term money is with BTC due to the impending reward drop; my day-trades are in eth, tho.

Its $21 right now.

Buy ETH before it's too late btc cuck

New to Veeky Forums
Is there a way to buy eth using usd?

Always buy ethereum

Yes kraken.com

Lets do the math.

I'm going to work with $100 here, seeing as everyone's poor.

$100=4.9 eth (or .12 BTC)

4.9 eth nets you 19.6 MH/s for 1 month. That hash rate will give you ~$103 at current eth prices in 1 month.

.12 BTC nets you 25 MH/s for 1 month. That hash rate will give you ~$130 at current eth prices in 1 month.

So long as it's not a scam, there is the potential to grow your investment. However, it's potentially less profitable than starting your own rig, in the long run. Pricing could change, and if you have $1000 to burn, you can get your own rig to hash 60 MH/s as long as your parts last.

If anyone wants to learn how to build a rig, I can give you details.

Yes pls

Thanks, my friend

Idk why people are making a big stink about the USD price of ETH. ETH is in a bear market vs BTC, as is every other alt atm. You fucks are delusional.

I don't need to; I mine eth, so I'm riding the wave of your speculation into the sunset.

I'm in the same boat, I put half of my piddly savings into this, that was when it was $7 but I couldn't buy a huge volume. My only regret is not being able to invest more.
Disclaimer: I would never advise such a thing, I'm in a bad situation right now and this was some kind of desperate move to make money, it just happened to pay off. Don't gamble with money you don't have unless you're insane like me.

Because I still use dollars to buy food, pay bills, pay for school etc.
Is it more clear now why?

No jack ass. Look at the chart again vs BTC. ETH is bearish, meaning BTC is the better investment atm.

Well, in all honesty it's pretty simple.

1) Get EthOS ($39 shipped on an SSD; find it on GPUshack, or just google it)

2) Get a motherboard with as many PCIex1 or PCIex16 inputs as you can (I'm partial to this one for its cost effectiveness - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157471&cm_re=asrock_mining-_-13-157-471-_-Product)

3) Get a cheap CPU for your mobo (mine was $50 - the heatsink and fan for it cost almost as much as the CPU itself lol)

4) Get AMD R9 GPUs with at least 4GB internal memory - the most cost effective I've found are the R9 290s (~$200 each)

5) Get a PCIex1-x16 adapter for each GPU that won't be attached to the single x16 main GPU slot on your mobo (something like this - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6J32GU7224&cm_re=pcie_x1-x16_adapter-_-9SIA6J32GU7224-_-Product)

6) Get at least 2GB RAM for each GPU

7) Get a power supply that can handle the power you're putting into the cards and mobo; each card typically sucks ~140 watts, the rest of your components combined will probably eat up another 150-200 watts, so do the math. If you're getting a 2-card rig, you'll need at least a 450 watt power supply. If you want to fill all 6 slots, you need 1200+ watts of power.

8) If you order it all today, it should show up in about a week. In total, it'll probably cost you ~$1000 to get a 3-GPU starter rig that can net you 80 MH/s forever, and could feasibly expand to 160 MH/s for another ~$630-650. The starter rig would net you 1 eth every ~36 hours, or ~20 eth/month. You'll have made all your money back on a 3-GPU rig once you hit ~50 eth (at current prices), which is 2.5 months. If you spring for a 6-GPU rig, your ROI period is slightly shorter, since you'll be making ~40 eth/month, but the total cost will be closer to $1650, which is ~80 eth (currently), meaning you'll net your break even at almost exactly 2 months.

If you found this useful, donate! ;-)
0x8f50836f0444e76887078448390F8fAcCf07B1fb

>in a bear market vs BTC
I wouldn't say that. Both are pretty intrinsically linked; pretty much anything that runs on the ether platform will accept BTC as payment, so anything that's a positive shock for Eth is also going to boost BTC.

They're both going to skyrocket in value long-term; the real question is what happens once 1 BTC is worth $10,000+; transaction prices at that price level would be significant.

what about electricity prices? did you calculate that?

Asking for donations, I don't have shit, I was only able to invest 90 bucks, and it'll be a long time before I make a positive ROI at current prices.

Excuse me, forgot my address, 0x0A937b5E2BB7d398eF49817a46c25e8f6b096057.

Paycheck-to-paycheck fag here (In uni, of course parents are paying for most of it)
Shamelessly begging.
0x67794Ad272E556afb86cC28DC5b115567e61B73C

There are 8 decimal places behind BTC. No reason for outstanding fees at that level.

Wrong.

The trend is up

I remember Bitcoin used to do a number on people's GPUs back in the day, or maybe it still does
Mining Ether seems simple, but should I use my home PC to do it?

Zoom out

>tfw noticed ethereum when it was 2 euros, bought in at 4,70 euros thinking it was already too late
>with current price I have 4x return on my 2000 euros investment

No, I didn't take electricity into account. If you calculate electricity prices, you're obviously significantly extending your break-even; it's all highly variable though, since your prices are very different from someone else's.

I will say that my electricity costs didn't change much, but that's likely more to do with the fact that my electricity bills tend to go down in the summer (more light, less lights on in the evening); I can't vouch for how much it costs to power 1300 watts.

Fun fact: This mentality is how margin traders get rekt

don't sell out.

If you don't need the money, wait until the first apps start coming out. There's a couple recent daos that are built on gambling, and "theDAO" is going to play heavily into how the future of these markets look.

It's going to be an interesting ride, yo.

>implying ill sell before brexit
brexit will be the ride

In thinking about this more, I'm going to guess that having a rig will probably keep my electricity costs relatively even year-round. I keep it in my basement and live in a northern climate in the midwest, so in the summer the costs of my rig is offset by the fact that we don't use lights as much, and in the winter it's offset because I won't need to use as much power to keep my house heated.

At least, that's how I'm imagining this. The rig is more of a hobby than anything, though.

Er, ok

How do you assemble it then?

What CPU should I get

This. Unless you have some serious $$$, buying in this close to the peak isn't going to make you jack shit.

>peak

>calls eth meme
>owns donald trump tokens

>peak
thats what these faggots said at the beginning of the year too.
ITS FUCKING TWENTY DOLLARS NOW
IT INCREASED BY TWENTY (20) TIMES IN SIX (6) MONTHS. Once the killer apps come out for ethereum and Augur becomes the internet oracle, ethereum will go in the 3 digits.

Dumb no coiners

this
ENJOY MISSING THE TRAIN AGAIN

Do you live in the LA area? I will pay you cash money to build me a rig and set it up. My DWP account is in my gf's name and they have her on the poor people plan so my power is cheap. If I knew I could build a $1000 ETH machine that would pay for itself in 3 months I would have done it a long time ago.

>no coiner
You're an idiot. It was a trumpcoiner who said that, jackass. Reading comprehension.

Ha no I'm in the Midwest (I'm though, I just post behind proxies most of the time). I can walk you through things though. Do you have a wallet set up? If so, send me a small transaction and include a comment with your email if you want more help:

0x8f50836f0444e76887078448390F8fAcCf07B1fb

Nocoiner here trying to get on the train

what the fuck site do you use and how do you get your funds in? All the sites tell me to fuck off for being in the US, Coinbase wants me to wait 2-3 days for a statement verification, and the only reasonable price on Paypal only allows purchases between 1-50 USD. I'm just trying to put in $270.

Can you do 3 payments of $50 and 1 of $20?

yobit.net/?bonus=eLJwf

You can transfer USD via OkPay, PerfectMoney and Payeer

I could but I really don't know that much about this site, it's Paxful so I ain't sure how much I should trust it.

I just said that Coinbase wants me to wait 2-3 days lad

I tried those 3, all of them told me to fuck off because US.

Try Localbitcoins

also adding onto it, I have to wait for the buyer to even respond to me with instructions and so far I got nothing.

Alright.

sheit man these guys are charging $50 more than current value, fuck me.

god fucking damnit my bank is absolutely screwing me over. If I want to get in on this the only option right now is some guy selling for 867 USD/BTC. Should I do it or just wait and get it sorted out so I don't get assfucked.

At that price you might want to wait, it's $100 more than the average price. Have you looked a Circle? Never tried them myself but heard good things about them.

I'll try this before I call it quits for the night.

Grats! You can transfer your BTC to any exchange to do some trading, or download a 'lite' BTC wallet onto your pc.