FW Street Style

Dang we are a bit behind. Berlin FW was 16 -19th. Paris men's was 17th-21st.

Personally, I like to see ea city separately bc its interesting to see the differences. But its totally up to you guys; we could just have a general "2018 FW street wear thread" ??
Pls respond and contribute.
I will post Berlin 'till you guys suggest/request otherwise.

Thx in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.warosu.org/data/fa/img/0130/75/1516056643491.jpg
elwoodclothing.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Berlin seems more "punk"/"grundgy" already

It’s not real street style if it’s fashion week

I am well aware you're not into FW street fashion, but I think it is cool to look at. Although I admit Berlin is the weakest city I have browsed this season, it is still interesting to look at what people are wearing around the world.

If you don't like it, obv you can leave the thread...but I would like to ask you (kindly) to contribute what you think IS "real style".

anyone have the link to the last thread

idk maybe its just me, but one of my favorite things to see during fashion week is street style. most likely bc regular people can't afford runway looks on the daily. this is wearable fashion. even if you COULD afford whatever you wanted, you still wouldnt deck yourself out in full on runway fits (ofc there are exceptions to this).

Real style is when people arent dressing in hopes to get their outfit photographed

This is just poser shit and it always the same shit all the time:
Le anti fit meme
Le wacky fit that you wouldn’t wear any other day meme
Le pop of color in a dark fit meme
Le mixing colorful pattern meme
Le wear the latest hype shit meme

Fucking hell. And you can almost guarantee there are photos of someone wearing two jackets. That’s like the easy way to get your photo taken. Wear a long coat and a shoter coat underneath

not finding a lot of men's

i.warosu.org/data/fa/img/0130/75/1516056643491.jpg

jesus.
sorry you feel this way. even so though, you can't appreciate fashion for the sake of fashion? even if they're trying hard, look at the cultural/ societal trends, like I said its cool to see different cities and how their styles vary.
idk I just think you're being too harsh and closed minded. I wouldn't necessarily wear all those outfits, but it is nice to see different people trying different things.

this is terrible

>black
>at MY fashion week
Not OK.

id on the nigger's shoes?

i know, berlin is straight up disappointing me

I agree but at the same time these are the people that set trends and change what we see as well dresseed
No way would dad shoes be popular or considered cool if not "posers".
Imagine the first guy to wear slim fit suits when baggy was the norm, maybe he was just being a "meme" and contrarian like what you described, however u cant deny the change that the first autist brought on.
I like looking at these pics so that i can see something cool, and original so maybe i can use that in the future without being over the top like these people.

you from berlin?
any of these pics reflective of the current trends?

those are p nice, don't think Ive seen them before

germanics staying true to form and executing everything in the most banal manner possible

looks sick but shoes are a bit loud for me.
ID on jacket?

the fave: candid group photo of unsuspecting people

what the actually fuck in this post do you think is punk or grunge

Come on now

he's right about "street fashion" being somewhat of a misnomer for this tho

haha idk idk

>NFL Hoodie
>Joggers
>both outfits look thrown together with no effort

nooo not that0 pic in particular. I was saying in general, such as pic rel.

hey I'm just trying to rep the variety/diversity I see in the Berlin FW street looks :)

are you from berlin?

this is absolutely abhorrent but please keep it up i am entertained

Berlin represent

No. Again, Im just posting a variety of looks from FW.

I know this kind of looks like I'm making a cringe thread on purpose but I promise I am not. Just posting Berlin 2018 FW STREET

It’s just telling us that you have cringe taste.

You know I actually thought you were someone who knew your stuff. Guess I was wrong. :^/

custom knoch piece

lol. u clearly don't get when i say (repeatedly) that I am posting Berlin FW. this doesn't mean i like them all. I am posting shit that is "happening" (in some sense) atm in fash.

lol. u clearly don't get when i say (repeatedly) that I am posting Berlin FW. this doesn't mean i like them all. I am posting shit that is "happening" (in some sense) atm in fash.

don't blame me that berlin isn't fa

OOPS sry

OK so I see the consensus is FUCK BERLIN STREET FASHION - LETS MOVE ONE TO SOMETHING BETTER?

some of these are really good, what are you talking about?

why are namefags so retarded and tasteless

woah woah. I'm trying to please these fashion experts. I'm not saying I like or hate most of these. I have very open taste, hence why I posted these.

heh

SO shall we continue with Berlin or what people?

Also, pls contribute

just post fashion sluts to redeem the thread

yessir

ID on the red jacket? Looks decent

In Germany it's frowned upon to dress to impress. Which is why is the most realistic depiction of how a true Berliner actually dresses.

appreciate insight. do give more, since on topic.

Jesus Christ why are ppl being so hostile... why not just stay out of the tread. Yeah ppl try to hard at fashion week, but it's not like this thread is any worse then all the other shit on fa, and some ppl will probably find it entertaining or maybe even inspiring

If I ever go to a fashion week I'm going to wear the gaudiest and brightest pieces I have.

w2c sweater

Not much more to add I guess. If you want to know how 90% of all German girls dress like, imagine the girl with the yellow jacket in but in khaki green.

Also I'm kinda surprised so many people from Berlin bothered showing off their clothes when it's been so cold the past few weeks, yikes.

Personally I actually kinda enjoy looking at these pics. Maybe I'll stay in Berlin a few days during fashion week just to see people expressing themselves through their clothes for once.

Grr, first paragraph was for

glad to see Im not the only one that feels this way.

damn i didn't even think about the cold! youre totally right though. I know when I am cold af I not only don't want leave the house, but dressing cute is way more an effort

(inb4 LAYEEEERSZ....you dont know until you live in that kind of cold)

Not when you're in fuckin Kreuzberg my friend

I think these threads are just getting to be too much for me, especially from a place like Berlin. They're slowly going from inspirational threads showing me something to strive for to just being a reminder that I'll probably always be too poor to afford anything I really want and always be stuck in the anus of the midwest where the selection of clothes is limited to target and mall garbage except the mall garbage is even more limited than it would be in a real fucking city with actual value. Just another reminder that I'll never get to go back to Germany or Austria and I'll never be able to afford things that really fit me or that I really enjoy the aesthetic of.

thats all your fault, you can literally just learn how to sew and then go thrifting

>thrifting
>in the midwest
In all my 23 years of living here, I've literally never once found a single item of clothing for men that would be worth trying to completely re-tailor to fit me. I've been to thrift stores a lot, too; I couldn't afford anything else for quite some time. Hell, most of the thrift stores in the city that actually have standards as to what they will take from people don't even pretend to give a shit about men's clothes and will either have a single rack in the entire store or will just straight up not sell men's clothes.

I see why they're at fashion week. They must be looking for clothes that fit

its inspo if anything though. most of us (/fa) cant afford full wardrobe of this shit. My closet is bridge-level.

i know what you're saying, any worthwhile consignment shops in my area don't even have a men's sec

this angle looks better for some reason..is it the shoes?

I mean thankfully I wouldn't even want to buy those balenciaga monstrosities if I could afford them

I have a pair, but I wear a size 45 so they're huge.

I tried wearing them w/ baggy trousers like the lad in the photo, but I just felt so autistic.

>I just felt so autistic.
now you know the secret

what's that?

the higher levels of fashion you climb, the more autistic you need to be

This is all I can think of when I see people wearing that ugly shit or other dumb $1500+ chunky "dad" sneakers

you're in luck bc chunky sneaker meme is coming through. just check out the other '18 FW street threads. Only been a couple but there is no denying the chunksneak thing happening

>implying jeremy isn't an icon

I live in denver tho so trends like that don't really get here. Might end up selling them desu

elwoodclothing.com/
Opinion on this website's clothes?

shes hot

these lot will never understand bro, they're probably rocking adidas atm

I think people on this board forget that we are human and we like to have fun, and that we can be stupid.

Some people go out and want to dress in a way that is unconventional because it either forces other people to look at them and take in a different way of presenting yourself, others like to do it because collecting and displaying fashion is a passion, and then there are people that simply want to be a spectacle.

The beauty of fashion is it is an art that is seen by others on the everyday. Sure, these people during fashion week were photographed heavily on the promise they would be on some shit fashion blog, but it's the little moments of someone looking at them on the 2pm metro to wherever that sticks.

Kreuzberg? Then I might as well go straight to Neukölln, kek.

Best photo and outfit in the thread.

>In Germany it's frowned upon to dress to impress
Except for in München, but then again, the Kingdom of Bavaria doesn't consider itself part of Germany.

I know, I get defensive, probably because I figure this is a fashion board, these people must like fashion (in general)....?
I need to let it go. Its just when there are more people bitchin and moaning than people actually talking about the fits, it all gets a bit confusing and feels like a waste of time and energy.

You're on point. I think I just realized WHY all the bitchin and moanin: They don't undertand the idea of dressing however the fuck you want/however it pleases you (having fun), bc it takes a lil confidence and balls to wear some shit like this. They cannot fathom the idea of being bold (IRL) and "expressing" themselves or what not, bc of insecurities.

I could be wrong, but perhaps this is why they dont "get it"

the term streetwear seems to have morphed into a catch-all that can be applied to anything that isn't explicitly formalwear

>feels like a waste of time and energy.
you are just reposting bunch of pics from other sites to begin with man, playing a martyr card like this just makes you look like a little bitch
it takes no effort to do what you are doing and anyone else can just pick up the slack if you decide to be drama queen and get butthurt
these threads are cool and all but don't even for a second fall for the delusion that you are providing OC

This is street style not streetwear.

The terms are stupid but have been in place for a long time now. Street style is typically what you'll see in major cities around the world in their fashion, art and shopping districts, or wherever there's a major fashion show, it includes streetwear (clothes based on skate boarding and hip-hop culture).

hmm...its def very affordale. If it has somewhat descent quality, the "essential" sect has some wearable shit. The more stylized items look p bad quality wise (so it would be almost impossible to pull off).
I guess it comes down to what your style is, bc in general they have the punk/grundge thing going on, so if thats what youre into and you can pull it off without looking rediculous, then it can work for you.

But overall I'd say its a total hit or miss. Like in pic rel, I kinda like the shirt for some reason, but the pants are def out of question (unless you are a rockstar), there are some less stylized garments that look much better.

Have you owned any of it? How is the quality/price?

you again.
and actually these captchas are a pain in the ass so yes it takes effort, i don't see you making any relevant contribution.