How does one retire early in their 40's?

How does one retire early in their 40's?

1. Make over 100k a year
2. Live with roommates and only spend about 15k per year
3. Put everything you save into an index fund or riskier investments if you so choose
4. live off the dividends and passive income
5. retire

100k income (before tax) with 15k spending puts you on pace to retire in 7 years.

Trumpcoins

depends, that wont let you retire in Canada

>100k income (before tax) with 15k spending puts you on pace to retire in 7 years
Huh? With what poverty-level standard of living?

Why retire if you're just going to have a shit life?

Earn a good salary, live well below your means and make smart investments with your savings.

Point out a single fund that you could put money into right now and live off the dividends

do your own research faggot the go to is meme&P500

>I have to spend money on shiny things in order to enjoy life.

>living in canada

First, you move the fuck to America.

Rent, food, travel, healthcare, security, and comfort aren't "shiny things", you edgy cunt.

>rent
Rent sure is a shiny thing when you want to live in New York City instead of a nicer, cheaper area
>food
Do you fucking eat out every single meal or something? I spend $3000 a year on food, and this is with buying a bunch of overpriced organic shit.
>travel
Travel is definitely a shiny thing. Why spend $3000 to go to some tourist trap across the world for a week when you can be comfortable in your own home?
>healthcare
Free with most decent jobs. Heavily subsidized after retirement.
>security and comfort
What the fuck does this even mean?

Whatever buddy. Enjoy wage slaving until you're 60 to pay for that big fat mortgage in San Francisco and yearly vacation to Hawaii.

Thanks. And you enjoy fixing my car or bagging my groceries well into your 60's, poorfag. Be obsequious enough, and maybe I'll give you a nice "shiny" tip.

I'm already retired, and I'm in my 30s. Nice projection.

>I'm already retired, and I'm in my 30s.
My statement still stands. Indeed, I'm even more confident in it than before.

You're not retired; you're unemployed and poor.

>move the fuck to America
Unless you're from Quebec. We don't want Canadas niggertrash 'french canadians'

as if it was that easy

i feel every one of these threads ends the same after three posts

B-B-BUT YOU'RE A FUCKING WAGEKEK WHO'S PAYING JEW YORK RENT WHILE I LIVE IN A NICE MUD HUT IN EASTERN TENNESSEE HAHAHAH WOOO THESE CHICKEN TENDIES ARE GOOD

Buying Bitcoin NOW before it's over 100k

>if you don't live in a giant house in San Francisco you're poor
Whatever you say. Good goyim.

How wouldn't it? In the US you're looking at $5-6K/year for health insurance (which comes with a $6K deductible if you actually need to use it) going up at about 10% per year past age 50.

In Canada, the health care's free as in beer, and more importantly, guaranteed not to bankrupt you.

Let's assume the insurance in the US actually works as advertised - you still need to set aside an extra $125K at a 4% withdrawal rate to afford $5K/year in bronze premiums, and when you get old/sick, it's more like $250K at a 4% withdrawal rate to afford either ($5K/year bronze premium + $5K/year deductible) or ($10K/year gold premium.)

tl;dr: net present value of single payer healthcare in Canada is about $USD 250,000

>Free healthcare

Only if you don't pay taxes

Follow this god