Reminder to pay attention to alt coins vs BTC not USD

Reminder to pay attention to alt coins vs BTC not USD.

BTC is gaining far more than all other alts atm. ETH might be at $20, but is still a bear vs BTC.

Buy BTC. Not unproven, 100% speculation shit coins.

>Buy BTC. Not unproven, 100% speculation shit coins.
I admire your dedication but it's not necessary.

BTC is the coin that the man on the street has heard about. And that's who will drive the next wave of adoption.

BTC went from 500 to 750 this year.
ETH went from 1 to 19.
But ETH is a bear.
Is this the power of American education?

Yes ETH has had a great run. But since it topped months ago it's been bearish against BTC. Not difficult to see that.

Why would I care about alts vs BTC when USD is all I'm really chasing? Why worry at all about BTC if I didn't ever put money in it? I don't understand

wow so you are actually retarded
ETH is going up faster than bitcoin

thats why you will remain poor

I don't understand why some people continue to reject Ethereum as superior. This isn't an opinion or speculation, anyone with half a brain who knows how Ethereum works and what it will become, knows it is a huge deal. Bitcoin will be King for a while longer but its days as top dog are numbered.

About to invest 1000 Euro into ETH guys, please hold me. First investment of my life. I'm still a poor student but fuck it. Got to reach for the stars.

do it.. you wont regret it! give it a few months and you will be rolling in riches

You shound like a nice guy, count me in on this train.

Right? These people are delusional, absolutely fucking delusional.

It's one thing to ride the wave and take what's on the table, recognizing that BTC is, at the end of the day, a profitable experiment without much of a future beyond buying drugs and gambling on the deep web.

But it's another thing entirely to genuinely, sincerely believe that BTC will become a thing of value unto itself, that merchants will begin accepting BTC all over and it will actually be adoped as a legitimate alternative currency.

It will never be adopted en masse. It just won't. If it's so useful, then why are ~80% of bitcoins never spent? Because they're being held as an "investment." You've got 8 out of every 10 bitcoins out there right now being held by "investors," all hoping that the price goes up and up exponentially forever and ever. That's not good. That's a house of cards.

Oh and...

>inb4 "nocoiner on suicide watch"

>then why are ~80% of bitcoins never spent?
Right, because ETH is spent everywhere too. At least BTC is used for buying things. I bought computer parts with then like 2 years ago of Newegg ffs.

That's another thing too, why would a merchant start accepting payment in currency backed solely by the valuations of speculators
That's suicide. It's already stupid to accept currency that could fluctuate +-5% in a week in value, but when that valuation is meaningless it becomes insanity

Dapps will change the world. Bitcoin can't do dapps effectively and the transaction speed doesn't scale very well.

Most merchants accepting crypto sell it immediately for cash.

>Most merchants accepting crypto sell it immediately for cash.
Alright, that seems fair.
There's still little demand to buy products with extremely volatile currency. The biggest voice for merchants accepting crypto is not the joe on the street who just wants to buy steam games with crypto for no reason- it's the investors who want to reach the moon
So there's little legitimate demand

>That's a house of cards
You were right on up to this point but I don't think we'll see a fantastic, earth shattering BTC crash anytime soon
Like you say, the vast majority of BTC is being hoarded by investors, creating some sort of rarity in the remaining BTC
If you care to read my worthless speculation:
>BTC will undergo sporadic yet distinct periods of slow upward crawls and stagnation
>The slow crawls being some minority of people being convinced to hop on board via "hot hand" fallacy, etc.
>The stagnation created by bagholding investors and a lack of excitement among the community
>Eventually BTC holders will parade 5% pumps as "the start of rapid growth" (again, hot hand)
>This will be established as the end of a coin's life cycle. The price is too inflated to generate much interest, and the hoarders hoard for meager profits if any

>meanwhile another round of QE rears its head

What was that about ETH OP?

I fucked ur mum

Right? These people are delusional, absolutely fucking delusional.

It's one thing to ride the wave and take what's on the table, recognizing that Stock Shares are, at the end of the day, a profitable experiment without much of a future beyond company shares and gambling on the financial market.

But it's another thing entirely to genuinely, sincerely believe that Stock Shares will become a thing of value unto itself, that brokers will begin accepting Stock Shares all over and it will actually be adoped as a legitimate alternative currency.

It will never be adopted en masse. It just won't. If it's so useful, then why are ~80% of Stock Shares never spent? Because they're being held as an "investment." You've got 8 out of every 10 bitcoins out there right now being held by "investors," all hoping that the price goes up and up exponentially forever and ever. That's not good. That's a house of cards.

What were you saying?

Stocks are backed by the value of a company, retard

OP here:
HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

I shorted ethereum before the crash. Gonna buy back in as soon as there is less fog about the soft/hard forks.

Go fuck yourself short dick

Why didn't you listen?

Congrats, pretty jelly of that actually.

>the technology is completely undermined
>"I'm going to buy the dip!"

Topkek. Ethercucks. You are so narrow minded and singular in your focus that you dont even notice that your world is crumbling around you.

With that being said, if you all commit yourself to total retardation at the same time, you may be able to eventually pump eth again. Look at bitcucks for example. Those dumbasses still put money in bitcoin exchanges even after MtGox. Holy shit sometimes things are so stupid that they are smart. Who would have ever thought that anyone would pay a couple thousand for Kanye's ugly ass shoes, amirite?

>ETH is going up faster than bitcoin
Going down faster than it went up. :^)))))

>wow so you are actually retarded
>ETH is going up faster than bitcoin

Jokes on you I was just pretending. KEK