Ask a guy who invested 50% of his savings in a VIX ETF (HVU at $19.47) and is about to lose it all anything

Ask a guy who invested 50% of his savings in a VIX ETF (HVU at $19.47) and is about to lose it all anything.

I was banking on the volatility to increase ahead of the Brexit referendum, but then that poor MP got shot and now everyone knows they aren't going to exit. The VIX is dropping like a stone and I'll be lucky if I keep a quarter of my money after it's all said and done.

Did anyone else make this same mistake?

>Did anyone else make this same mistake?
nope i'm all-in on bitcoin and siacoin

>Ask a guy who invested 50% of his savings in a VIX ETF (HVU at $19.47) and is about to lose it all anything.

Bruv wtf? You're not going to lose anything calm down spastic

mate i wish i could believe your kind words, but literally all the hype surrounding the possibility of a brexit has ended. even the articles that come out anymore aren't talking of what would happen when it occurs, but instead speak of the calming of the markets and the rise of the pound due to the lower possibility of the brexit.

i will commit soduku when HVU opens at 13 tomorrow, and just want to to avenge me when it's sub 10 next friday.

Just don't sell at a loss idiot, hold it indefinitely for like 20 years

not knowing the jew always win
lol you deserved it

don't cry for me.

i am already dead.

Stop being so melodramatic

The end of the world isn't occuring, what did you expect when you buy ETFs? You check every day and see +3.5% every single day?

Just blow up a few major govt buildings it will shoot back up

Just hodl

so which stocks will be panic-sold after brexit happens? im ready to buy them for cheap

There is literally 0 (zero) chance of brexit happening

Nope. I went long the moment I heard about the shooting

Did you plan to exit your position before the referendum? If so, then you are unlucky.

Then again you should have suspected something like this would happen. Never bet against the global elite's interest.

JP Morgan disagrees with you.

Question:
What is the difference between getting an index tracker ETF from Vanguard or somewhere or 'trading in indices' directly. Now, I don't think I'm putting it the right way but when I say trading in indices directly I mean when I log into etoro, there is a section on indices, then I can choose for example the S&P 500 and buy x number of shares. What is the difference between this and getting an index tracker account that tracks the S&P 500 with Vanguard or any other company?

>didn't read the prospectus

stop buying ETFs you don't understand.

The term you're looking for is "futures"

Thanks bud. So if I understand this right, trading in indices is a completely different thing to a tracker and is a lot more risky as you are essentially betting on whether the index will rise or fall.

So I'm guessing the only way to invest in an index tracking fund is through an investment company or bank...Hmm, I just need to find one now that will let me open an account with a small amount.

it will likely hit zero long before then. leveraged etfs that are constantly rolling futures contracts forward will inevitably trend down due to contango loss. they are meant to be held for very short periods of time.

dude did you not buy TVIX at 2.2?

Why HVU?

Why not iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) like everyone else?

i only have a canadian account or else i would be having a lot more fun trading

i don't even know what a prospectus is

i ended up making back practically everything I lost by doubling down on HOU (2x oil ETF). even though I didn't really lose anything, i am definitely learning i'm more risk averse that i thought initially.

although it does seem like oil is on it's way back to the >$50 peak from earlier this month. i might just leave my money in it and hope for the best.

>i don't even know what a prospectus is

Next time you should invest in a savings account and literally nothing else. Your not even competent enough to hold T-Bills.

If you want something different than a 1% savings account consider hiring a financial planner. trading, speculating and investing just aren't for you.

I put a few K on TVIX today.

OP.
its a good move,
relax, ass.

BTW theres a chatroom that's recruiting, we all work together to pick stocks

Anyone with experience want to join?
I can invite you, need an email address