What do you guys think about SCTY

Is it worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

solarcity.com/residential/backup-power-supply
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm thinking about buy 500 shares.

I was hearing that it's on the decline but my Solar's been on suicide watch the past week as SPWR and FSLR shit the bed.

Too much debt not enough profits like all Elon Musk operations

Elonbro can do no wrong
Long term buy & hold

Just bought 500. I hope it goes to the moon~!

will explode in the LR

buy the dip while you can

The pigeon control involved with panels will make you more money famila

For me I need to believe in the product.

I don't see much of an advantage for homeowners to use them.

They save marginal money in the long run, and the panels only power the home when the sun is out, then the home must switch back to the power grid.

That being said, I could be wrong, this is Elon musk we're talking about.

1) Elon Musk is only the chair of the board of directors, his cousin is CEO
2)
a) they're subsidized to buy their panels by homeowners
b) they sell excess energy to the grid
c) they sell the rest of the energy to the homeowners at slightly below market rates
d) there is no maintenance cost on solar panels for like 10 years, only install costs

This is the perfect business and nobody realizes it.

e) not to mention, their profit margins are only growing larger because of the increase in efficiency and decrease in cost of the panels

>no maintenance
Thats a lie. They have to be dusted regularly and their biggest enemy is hail. A family friend decked his house out with solar only to have a freak hailstorm break every single panel.

The biggest drawback is still weather. Until they perfect the home battery, solar is a meme. A cloudy week or a stormy winter fucks you. Solar is mainly for bragging rights and so liberals can show their friends how environmental they are (it's the new prius)

Solar City doesn't have to dust them, do they?
They should make shutters for the panels so they don't get damaged in severe weather.

Also, it's easy to buy a battery system to power the average home, especially if you get HE appliances.
That's also why you're hooked up to the grid. You sell the surplus and draw when it's cloudy, offsetting the profits of the surplus.

Net metering is over. You cant sell the surplus anymore

In the whole country?

Agreed. Solar panels may have a future, but they just aren't that useful now, too many what-ifs and drawbacks.

The biggest problem with solar is that the energy cannot be stored. They are drawing in plenty of energy from the sun, and not all of it is being used, but the excess cannot be stored by the home for use when the sun isn't out.

If this problem could be fixed solar would change the world.

I know it is in CA

Tesla is looking sketchy lately though :-/

How so?

I thought china was creating solar panels at like half the cost. Can scty really compete?

first solar. wait 3-5 months

I'm in construction and I've only ever seen SunPower panels going in. Maybe Solar City has some confusing busineds model like most of Musk's companies, but I have never seen their panels in the field

It's risky. Remember what happened to SUNE?

YGE nearly doubled in price in the last month. Wish I could have bought some, but it's Chinese and we all know they're having some economic woes.

Having constant overly optimistic future projections isn't a good thing

Elon and his meme magic may be able to get away with it right now since the economy is good, but in the next economic downturn, investors won't be happy when they're still losing money on Tesla and he's still not making his projected benchmarks

solarcity.com/residential/backup-power-supply
this is the gamechanger. if i had money to invest i would, these batteries (which were created for the cars) are going to be as essential as a water heater soon and going to economically kill dirty energy.