Just before I got married I hid ~130K of my ~145K life savings in BTC. My wife never saw or knew of this money

Just before I got married I hid ~130K of my ~145K life savings in BTC. My wife never saw or knew of this money.

Will fellow Veeky Forumsnessmen here do the same?

I've already tripled my life savings and it's safe from my wife if she ever divorces me.

Other urls found in this thread:

genesis-mining.com/a/273276
youtube.com/watch?v=9_IkOf8IFBQ&feature=youtu.be&list=PL1zCD-urlm3iuJlUhq7Nwl5KuVXVShHKO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you haven't tripled anything because bitcoin isn't USD.

This. Have fun extracting your funds.

> I don't really trust this woman so I hid my money
> I married her

Do the words Cognitive Dissonance mean anything to you?

gf earns and saves about the same as me
if we split up even if some common law marriage bullshit comes into play we would only split even nothing would change.
not giving a fuck about all this.

nice bait.
But just incase you are for real, what do you think insurance is for?

also: proof is required. Imaginary things that happen in your head, and imaginary wives, don't count.

i have a secret gold stash that i hide from the wifey

BTC too, but its so volatile, i didnt sink all my saving into it

>Trips
>Doesn't open an international bank account in the caymans

What is wrong with you crypto-plebs?

You can't get insured for free, you fuckin idiot.

I just dealt with it the proper way.

We both have our own bank account. We put an equal amount of money in shared bank account every month.

you sir are how I want to be in the future.

enjoy the retirement, when you eventually get there

except you can sell btc for usd on exchanges like cex.io?

How do you keep it safe? Online wallet or hard wallet?

She doesn't own my stuff. My bank keeps it safe for me.

>another use case for bitcoin: hiding money from your spouse
bravo

Not cognitive dissonance. A fellow can never be too sure that the woman isn't an exceptionally skilled liar.

have you ever withdrawn? Seriously wondering about this. i have a fair amount of BTC but it's all paper gains; not real until I sell. What would happen if everyone wants to withdrawl their BTC into USD at the same time? Do the exchanges even have enough money to do that?

Have fun with your IRS audit when you magically appear with 100k in your account

Lets back that up

Have fun even getting 100k in USD from an exchange.

It's all magic meme paper money

Not the user you're replying to but:

>have you ever withdrawn?
No because I take calculated risk, I don't do glorified gambling hence I'm not invested in BTC.

>What would happen if everyone wants to withdrawl their BTC into USD at the same time?
They'd crash all bitcoin exchanges.

>Do the exchanges even have enough money to do that?
All you can know for sure is what you see in the order book. I'm too lazy to run the exact numbers but if you "cashed out" right now in a single order $100K worth of coins on coinbase, ie. approx 132 BTC @ 757.55 USD, you'd go as deep as 751.20 USD in the book, so your "$100K of coins" would at worst execute for $99.161K (actually a little higher because this is napkin calculation assuming you sell everything at max depth, which you won't, because I'm too lazy to unroll the order book), and you could have more elaborate execution strats to lose less money (like spreading your orders over time to let exchange arb bots give you better value, or spread your orders over several exchanges yourself, or slice your order... optimal exec is pretty deep)

Even in the case of OP (assuming he has $390K in BTC), he'd only go down to 725 USD in the book for an absolute worst case of 372.510K.

Hope this helps ?

Uh....? You just withdraw it from Kraken or any of the other places that do it... it's not difficult, nor unsafe.

So then don't get married!

I see this response over and over and over on biz. I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING FUCKING CRAZY PILLS JESUS. IF YOU LIKE A WOMAN A LOT AND WANT TO LIVE WITH HER AND FUCK HER THEN COOL. BUT IF YOU THINK YOU NEED TO MARRY HER BUT AREN'T 100% SURE ABOUT HER TRUSTWORTHINESS THEN DONT FUCKIN MARRY HER.

and if you get an ultimatum then just move on.

WHAT IS SO COMPLICATED ABOUT THIS SHIT? ITS LIKE YOU GUYS WANT TO KEEP THE DIVORCE COURT MATRIARCHAL MAN FUCKING MACHINE GOING.

yes I'm mad. Why can't you idiots understand this. No one is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to be married...

If you live with someone for a few years, they gain the same legal rights as though they were your wife.

pay taxes, buy gold, buy drugs, buy usd, etc.

Thanks mr legal scholar.

You're welcome. I'm here for a few more hours, so feel free to ask any more legal questions.

Whoever came up with those laws needs to be strung up by their balls.
That's some seriously evil shit

>Known her for 10 years.
>Together for 9 years.
>Lived together for 8 years.
>Two children together.
>Will never marry her.

lol u r pussy

If OP cashed out 390k (515BTC) right now, he'd go down to 750 if he did it all on one exchange. He'd be smarter to drive it down in 90-100k chunks, let buyers get it cheap and drive it back up and repeat.

Uh no they don't, it's somewhat of a legal gray area and yes they may be entitled to some stuff, especially if you have a joint bank account.

But it does not equate AT ALL to a marriage.

With a marriage whether you like it or not, she's getting half, and possibly child support and/or alimony depending on kids involved and a career.

Marriage 100% locks you into a financial commitment to the wife, for life. Marriage is the single biggest decision you will ever make in your life. So don't do it if you have even the slightest doubt.

Anons say, "oh well you're never 100% sure!". Bullshit. If you meet the right woman and handle yourself right, you'll know.

This. So much this.

Marriage was simply an antiquated way of protecting women from men that decided to run from their families. This was at a time when women had basically zero options for income.

We're past that now, women are not even slightly as loyal as they used to be, really the entire idea of marriage is not neccesary. Just live, love, and have a family and home together.

The IRS isn't going to wonder how even 5k-10k increments get deposited into your account from no where? That money has to get taxed.

put that shit to worrk OP
genesis-mining.com/a/273276 3% off promo code woJXzj mine forever

Lol if you think a 515 BTC sell would have that big of a fucking impact then you're stupid.

you could either be a genius or an idiot and only time will tell.

He doesn't think, he knows, because all you have to do is literally read the fucking limit order book and match it to the hypothetical sell order you intend to post. This is a 0 risk execution strat because how much you'll get is deterministic. Do you even know how an exchange works ?

No, his outcome may be good or bad, but he's an idiot either way for trusting such a volatile and unstable "currency" with most of his savings.

errr cope

nice used lambo.

Get out. Soon.

Bubble will burst soon.

cope

As long as I don't sell it for fiat money, it doesn't count as income in my country (since it's treated like capital gains). Therefore, nobody has to know how much I have until I sell it.

what is the place to buy bitcoin if you come from a heu tier country, I have been checking the options lately and I would like to get purchase a very small portion (50$ worth), not trying to become a millionaire, just buy some online services and intangible goods (software licenses and a webhost) this kind of stuff, because were so heu we don't even have paypal.

So I tried coinbase and my country is not listed, then I checked localbitcoins and there is a 70$ difference between the price of the seller on lbc and the one on coinbase, are there any other cheaper options for international buyers?

try to find a local exchange in your country

max win

Unless you are in Australia, where the 6months together couple law exists.

tell them you mined them years ago. depending on your state laws you might have to pay capital gain taxes, but thats it.

Some metals dealers let you pay in BTC.

Pay for gold and/or silver in BTC at JM Bullion for example, keep it small, slowly extract your funds that way.

>IF YOU THINK YOU NEED TO MARRY HER BUT AREN'T 100% SURE ABOUT HER TRUSTWORTHINESS
A smart man is never 100% sure of someone's trustworthiness.
Even if you are sure that she isn't the kind of person who would screw you over, you don't know what will happen to her.
Time can change anything. You don't know who your wife will be in 10, 20, 30 years.

Do you think you know the future user?

Okay. Cool, great.

So if those are your sentiments on life, relationships and people, then here's a fun little tip for you:

Don't get married.

Guys, check this:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_IkOf8IFBQ&feature=youtu.be&list=PL1zCD-urlm3iuJlUhq7Nwl5KuVXVShHKO

Makes sense and all, but I don't understand why the BTC price will rise if a country gets in trouble.

Are 'normal' people actually buying BTC out of fear, and because of that - the prices rise?

Will we crash after a non-brexit (bremain)?

I won't and I never intended to. My parents aren't married either.