Is a gap year worth it

I've been thinking of taking a gap year or term before going to college for January or next summer (I'm I8 just graduated HS). I'm not sure it's worth it, unless I can get good work experience or make enough money for it to be worth it. (I want to study Business Admin/Law)

What would Veeky Forums do? How could I make the most of a gap year?

no. delete this shameful thread and get on working now

no. just fucking stop waiting for life to begin you faggot and go work hard at something

I'm sorry but I just don't care so here's a bump.

I tool like 8 gap years. Spent years overseas, generally fucking around and being a bum. Even with my "late start" and the fact I never went to college, I now make more money than any of my other 4 college educated siblings. I actually pay more in taxes than any of them make.

Get a minimum wage job while living on your own for one year so you can develop an appreciation for hard work and dedication.

you're too young kiddo.
Get your college degree first and then take a gap year. You ll probably have the chance to combine travelling with studies, or with your career in general. Everything else would be a waste of time and money

gap year? pssh.. why not have a gap lifetime?

NEET trader 4 lyfe y0!

>is a gap year worth it
if you dont have a plan it aint worth it

A gap year is only worth it if you do something with it.

In all likelihood you're going to shitpost on Veeky Forums and waste time doing nothing.

>In all likelihood you're going to shitpost on Veeky Forums and waste time doing nothing
Did this, can confirm that it isn't worth it

just apply for jobs for the next year. get used to it

Yes yes yes.

A gap year of travel is one of the best things you can do with your life. I wish it was mandatory for every person on earth.

You'll learn a ton, and get a better perspective on life.

You have your whole life to slave away for a roof over your head and food in your mouth. No need to rush into it.

What do you currently do for work?

>A gap year of travel is one of the best things you can do with your life. I wish it was mandatory for every person on earth.

And please tell me where the fuck are you going to travel and with what money?

Not him but I did a gap year in south america (dirt cheap). Bought used beater car and traveled and went backpacking. Saw a lot of cool shit. My spanish skills also improved.

Still in university for engineering but only got a year left

meant for

How much did it cost you tho

Wat

The year's expenses breh

about tree fiddy

naw i was jk. parents bought my tickets but i spent about 4k. I could've spent less though desu.

>tfw lost 100$ in a cockfight