Ask someone who's outperformed the S&P 500 purely through stock picking alone (with no derivatives) anything

Ask someone who's outperformed the S&P 500 purely through stock picking alone (with no derivatives) anything

What's the timeframe of your outperformance?

One quarter? Who fucking cares.

I'll post back in December with another screen cap provided you haven't killed yourself by then

if you think you're so smart, trade options. that's where the big money is, and there is less risk, believe it or not.

Do you understand the concept of a sample size?

Your quarterly earnings could have been five times greater by just dumping your cash into BTC.

Its not impressive to beat the S&P, its impressive to beat it consistently.

Options are expensive and don't pay dividends.

Also this is a diversified portfolio of around 40 stocks. I'm in it for the long run.

Ok, user, we'll see how this performs come the next market crash. I'll post a screencap.

Fucking retard the point is not to beat the market for a year.

The point is LONG-TERM. And in all likelihood you will not beat the market in a timeframe of 10, 20, 30 years.

why are you getting triggered so hard

I'm pointing out how retarded you are

Is criticism now considered getting "triggered"?

It is by 22 year olds with babby's first successful financial quarter

The criticism is your opinion. You're just reacting like a butthurt rottentomato critic

>The criticism is your opinion

It is the opinion of researchers and people with much more knowledge and experience than you will ever get in your lifetime. Your shit simply does not work, by all means, prove everyone wrong though... Just like all those other stockpickers... right?

What stocks? (sector)

Where do you get your information?

How often do you trade?

What broker do you use?

Lol even beating the market for 5 years isn't significant. Anyone that invested post 2009 would have an easy time. Come talk to us in Dec 2026 when you've beaten it for a decade and then we'll shitpost

Knowledge and experience only applicable to a different period of history

>Knowledge and experience only applicable to a different period of history

A span of nearly a century, done by people MUCH smarter than you.

I think Veeky Forums will be shutdown by the Feds by then m8

>stock picking
Hi Grandpa.

Personally I trades futures and use options as hedging tools. Up about 65% in the last 4 years on 240-400K. For under 5 hours of effort per week I'm not complaining.

I outperformed the S&P 500 by 1000% for one hour on Friday, AMA.

tell me more

I outperformed the S&P 500 with a simple investment in BTC. Ask me anything.

You're a retard. One quarter shows shit all. Loads of funds beat the market for years before 2008 and then they didn't the following year, and lost a lot of money. It's entirely feasible to beat the market for years, even during a financial crisis, but given a long enough period of time, unexpected turns in the market will fail all actively managed portfolios, which suffer from attrition through human errors, taxation, commissions, etc.