Hi /advbiz/ I am wondering, what does Veeky Forums think of this

hi /advbiz/ I am wondering, what does Veeky Forums think of this.
>be me
>be 22
>work for tier 1 auto supplier as assembly worker since 18
>taking classes on & off
>now decided on engineering technology program that will cost me $0
>can either
>stay at my company and become a production or design engineer
>or guaranteed interview at the local auto plant as long as I maintain a 3.0 GPA, have no doubt I can land an engineering position there as well (hour commute in rural Midwest, however)

Which of these options would allow me to break into some sort of consulting position for lean mfg/six sigma?

How do I break into the globalist part of the industry so I can make top $$?

Thanks boizz

P.S. I'm relying on job experience, I will not be graduating an ivy, however the fact that I'm guaranteed an interview with my local auto plant via the college is great. Jap Big 3 as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

cscc.edu/stories/2-year-degree-stories/Anton-Dela_Fuente.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill your self

>engineering technology
>production or design engineer

We may be from different countries, but in the USA, studying engineering technology is not the same as studying engineering or leading towards being employed as an engineer

1. Japanese companies don't really care the difference. Not sure about American ones, but this is from my personal experience. At least in my local area its irrelevant as long as its ABET accredited.
2.I can do my EIT exam and then sit for my PE exam after 8 yrs of work exp. This varies state by state and some states don't allow you to do it.
3. Pretty much the only difference in the curriculum is a lack of a physics sequence. Not sure why, but I only have to take algebra-based physics. I'm opting for Calculus based physics though. Even then you only have to take one semester of it. While the courses in say, thermodynamics maybe more "applied" it all leads me to the same thing.

Really thought about leaving the technology part out so I didn't have to explain this, but it is what it is. I did my research before I opted for this program.

Apparently most people on biz make over 40k a year and consider even 15 an hour minimum wage. Guess I'm too poor to be on biz. Bye.

nah, most of these peeps are clueless NEETS.. but theres some good ones

I don't know. Every thread on wages just depresses me.

well considering wageslave life is misery hell, i wouldnt be surprised. Only a few really find the job that they truly enjoy.

What does this have to do with my original post? I'm not trying to be rude, I just honestly think you're posting in the wrong thread?

>top money
>paying off student loans

People here joke that 35k in student loans is nothing and they own cars that cost more.

Why not just do a BS in actual engineering? It sounds like you're opting to take more difficult classes and a full on engineering degree will be way more versatile

not sure what it has to do with me wanting to make $$ I'm not trying to go in debt and I'm starting from literally the bottom with an 19hr assembly job... granted after ot and bonuses its like 42k, but whatever

Price. This program is free and is actually a partner with these automotive companies. I will be working 3 days a week @ 18/hr while I study full-time.

$35k in student loans is actually a small amount compared to what most people rack up while in undergrad. However, if you networked correctly, studied hard, joined plenty of clubs, and got a job that's wort ha damn and then put 1/3 of your paycheck towards paying that debt off then you'll be out of debt within a few years and making a nice amount.

Thanks for proving my point.
I worked assembly for 10 an hour.

Ive been doing it for four years and its the automotive industry. Tier one, not tier 3 or 4 or 6

are you mad that the assembly workers at union plants are making $28/hr and non-union are making $26 up north?

also you were obviously a temp, i'm an actual fulltime associate. thx but thx

Full time
Yeah I don't think people that aren't college educated should make those wages. Especially now that we don't need a lot of bodies for war.

not my problem that automobiles are so labor intensive. lel at you being jelly

also vote hillary if you think that, good ole slick willy bill gave us nafta so that should help get rid of those jobs!

Don't be butthurt, anyone has the opportunity for these jobs right now. Retirements are through the roof and theres a shortage of quality workers since the narrative is manufacturing is dead

stay cucked faggot

cuck cuck cuck

It probably is just a different area. I live close to Pittsburgh and the wages here are low, but so is real estate. High taxes though.

Here

cscc.edu/stories/2-year-degree-stories/Anton-Dela_Fuente.shtml

I'm doing what he's doing except starting off at a T1 supplier since I didn't know this program existed.

The big if

Huh?