can't see one so here goes.

Platina resources PGM up 40%
on news of Capital raising for Owendale Mine

Other urls found in this thread:

asx.com.au/listings/index.htm
google.com/finance?q=ASX:VOC
google.com/finance?q=ASX:BKL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IS the ASX's listing requirements similar to the NYSE? Also and Americans investing here?

bumping
opened my westpac trading account a few months ago... still not sure what to invest my money into.

what are you interested in?

This might help! asx.com.au/listings/index.htm

not sure desu, alot of the time I see myself looking at international share trading. Don't know much about anything else/options and all of those.
I just don't know if it's profitable to trade international shares from within Australia and what the cost of it is?
was looking at buying into Disney when it was lurking around $95 and went up to $116 but my investment account wasn't active at the time.
I also called the NBG stock going up when it had and there could have been huge profit made of that but now it's.. nothing.
I'm not so familiar with australian shares apart from banks. I also have no experience at all in trading but I heard getting a broker is a good way to lose money I just don't want my money rotting in my bank account with that shitty fucked interest rate at the moment

Jump on LRS. I was lucky to get in at 1.5

Maybe park your investment in safe blue chip companies with large capitalization and market share. wait for the next dip as we just had one before the Feds rate announcement.

When investing international you would have to account for the exchange rates on top of any fees and charges..just keep it simple if your just starting out. but I'm no expert either.

>LRS
I read just recently about PERU being a new mining destination to rival other big players LRS is onto it by the sound of it.

Today just feels like a bull trap. If markets were skitish about the brexit vote last week, they will be again.

yes I agree with that one! market will probably drop again before the vote then go up I'm not convinced a brexit will have long lasting effects on it. but thats just a feeling .

Bought into XPE at .100 a few weeks ago.

How fucked am I? I at least want my money back.

I always buy too high...get impatient then sell low...I bought PGM too high .15 they fell to .08 now up to .125. its only been 2 weeks feels like a life time! moral of the story..Patience is a virtue.

Yeah it's a really bad habit. I always think shit I should get in before it's too late and obviously end up buying too late and getting cucked. Not even trying to make a profit on XPE now I just at least want my money back or even a smaller loss. I just want to put the money into RAP, I'll make a profit on that in no time.

what makes RAP such a desirable company to own?

So far the 'waiting a bit longer 'is paying off ..PGM up 58% still blow .15 though

It just hit 2.1. Jump on quickly

It's a good product with nothing but good news so far. Currently in a trading halt awaiting an announcement on Wednesday regarding adult trials which should be good. Hopefully they'll be bought out by a big tech company eventually.

thinking about putting money on this, how much would be a good investment if I only have 2k in my investment account?
and when should I sell, also why is it so low compared to 5 years ago? what happened?

$500 or $1000 would be a good start. They just found a lithium deposit in South America and the grades are very good, 6.6%, 7.1%. People are predicting we will see the share price go up to 10 maybe even 20 cents in 12 months. And 5 cents in 3 months. I bought a couple more today. I got my sister to buy a couple last week and she's already made $600.

RAP ON TRADING HALT PENDING ANNOUNCEMENT! Who else /comfy/ here??

It's fucking happening lad!

In at 24. This better be happening.

Bought in at 29 but only bought 3,400 shares.
After the last week, any good news would be welcome.

don't have that money till thursday this week will I be out of time? so this is a long term investment? and if I'm right is it only at 2cents right now or from when you last told everyone?

is it too late to buy into RAP aswell? also with these shares are they short or long term?

RAP up about 30% on open.
Nice

RAP test results look nice. I wish I knew how they compared to a stethoscope and X-ray

x ray is used as diagnosis confirmation. i think its probably close to 100% but its costs a lot more money than resapp and takes a lot longer as well.

stethoscope is only as good as the person using it with misdiagnosis happening often leading to over use of antibiotics and one of the many reasons resapp is a game changing unicorn

Anyone bought or planning to buy AEF? Had a massive jump in share price recently. Not too sure if it's still worth it to buy or wait for a possible drop

>LRS

Nothing better than buy a new stock and having 10% wiped off immediately.

Hey user...Thats me on a good day!!

All aboard the lrs train, toot toot! Sell orders increasing though.

Where is a good place to open a brokerage account? My understanding is that CommSec is the meme brokerage firm in Australia, but there are good el cheapo ones online, or just better alternatives. Anyone know much about this?

I have a feeling I should probably lurk more...

hopefully lrs will hit 3c by friday, try to get it under 3 cents if you can. Now would be the best time to buy RAP. With all this good news and media coverage I dont see the price dipping down for much longer

Pretty sure most everyone uses commsec. They're pretty good.
Got a phone call from them the other day to make sure i knew how to finalize the setup of my international account. Probably because I applied for it, but never transferred any funds.

I'm using CMC markets. They're pretty easy to set up and use.

dayum... good shit and what would be a good time to sell?

I've been RVR - bought at 12.5, sold at 16, bought back in today at 12.5. 24% in a couple weeks and back down is fine by me. The last Ann has positive news hidden in it, I think it's going down because of tax selling. Zinc goes up, it goes back up

Predictions for IOT's new drone video being released next week?

what the fuck are you greedy cunts thinking?

I've been hitting up VRL the past few months for easy cash on the fluctuations, i'll keep doing this for at least another few months until their next report, when they should turn in a nice little profit.

you cunts that trade on penny stocks are fucked.

It's time to sell Mesoblast.

village roadshow? what do you think is a good price to buy in at/sell and how much should I invest into it. where can I find the reports?

just getting into this shit... sorry for the dumbass fuck questions but I'd rather invest my money into something that may return a profit bigger than Australias fucked up savings interest lmfao

XTE sell before half year. buying again in July.

Yea good if you know when it dips and when it goes up...hows the weather in western perth?

I've seen this go above 0.42 in the past month a few times, do you think it would be a good idea to get in now at about 0.37 and sell around 0.40?

Oh look at that, LRS down 20% in 2 days. What a fucking surprise.

hey man what investing account/broker are you using? I'm using westpac online investing and it seems abit retarded I have to pay 19.95 per trade?
seems impossible to make any profit from $1500 trades and if I did make profit it would be like 5 dollars if I'm lucky

Once Brexit gets over and done with we should start to see the prices rise. Then we sit back and watch our money skyrocket...or burn to the ground

>Pretty sure most everyone uses commsec
That's kind of what makes me think they're just banking on their name, no pun intended.

>I'm using CMC markets. They're pretty easy to set up and use.
Yeah, I'm leaning in this direction but apparently there are "horror stories" associated with CMC. They are a non-advisory broker I believe, which is all I should require, as opposed to a full-service broker.

I might just flip a coin.

Im using Commsec and they charge $19.95 per trade. Just remember we're not looking at making $5 or $10. I've invested $500, $1000, $2000 and always made it back

>I'd rather invest my money into something that may return a profit bigger than Australias fucked up savings interest lmfao
You're definitely right there, but for my six-months emergency fund I have it sitting in a term deposit. ME Bank are offering 3.3% for a six month term deposit nowawdays. I know it's shithouse historically speaking, but it beats the barely-above-the-cash-rate shit you get parking your cash in a saving account.

Anybody got a clue why RAP got shafted?

investment firm telling their customers to sell shares and brexit.

proof?

Brexit's fucking the market bro, shouldn't need proof of that.

Isnt tomorrow we know the vote results?

Friday morning for us.

>100% of my portfolio in lithium
>bought at highs in late April

Because this always happens to speculative/smaller stocks after good announcements. It's a mixture of profit taking, people being too impatient to wait for the next announcement, people not believing the next announcement will be positive and people re-valuing the company at the new price and thinking it's now overvalued.

Brexit has nothing to do with it though. Markets are up this week, nobody believes in brexit any longer.

Burn to the ground is looking most likely

Pls no i have 30k in this

in 5 years the big players will all be much higher than they are now. Lithium demand is only going to increase as the public opinion sways to electric vehicles.

New Tesla factory in China. Like user said, Lithium demand is only going to increase

this is probably a dumb fucking thing to say but

why dont millionairs just invest 1,000,000 into a stock worth 0.24 and wait till it goes up to something like 0.26 to make nearly 100k profit?
I've seen a few stocks the past couple of weeks worth about that much especially lithium that have gone up .02 within a day, couldn't this person just keep buying and selling and double his money easily within a few months or is there more to it than what I just said?
cause
1,000,000 / 0.24 is 4,166,666
4,166,666 x 0.26 is 1,083,333
that's 83k profit within a day?
abuse me all you want I probably not understanding what the fuck is going on but I'm obviously looking for some clarity I'm just abit mind blank atm

do you make more money investing into mining/stocks under 10 dollars per share?
also are some mining/resource companies considered pennystocks since they're so cheap per share?

The price per share is meaningless. It takes a few years of managing your own portfolio to truly realise this. What does matter is no. of shares outstanding.

All resource companies are terrible businesses, and the vast majority of them only attract interest from traders. You would do perfectly well by never paying attention to them

so if I save up 10k to invest would it be better to invest in resources to get a bigger profit or are you saying it would be harder to sell 10k worth of resources?

As a beginning investor you should buy a business that operates profitably, as a basic precaution. The problem is, such companies are boring, and new market participants are attracted by nominally small share prices, so they purchase high-risk, speculative firms with limited to no operating history or record of profit.

I see, but even someone with 50k wouldn't they rather take the risk to make alot more profit from investing in a low cost resource rather than a stock like apple/disney where the profit is hardly anything but obviously alot less riskier?
I'm sure it wouldn't matter if you where in it for a day to make profit unless something seriously fucked up hahah

Here's some homework. Below are the share prices at 23/6 close for two companies:

Blackmores: $139.76
Vocus: $8.93

Which company has the larger market value?

blackmores

The smaller stocks are often more volatile, and the buyer with $50k may consider it depending on his appetite for risk, and whether he may be required to liquidate the purchase down the track. But that isn't to say established, large-cap companies don't experience substantial price movements.

google.com/finance?q=ASX:VOC
google.com/finance?q=ASX:BKL

Compare the shares outstanding.

where do I find that information on those pages?

Every one can invest in it m8. Like us aussie can invest in NYSE.

so vocus has more?

but, is that a bad or a good thing
what does this mean? sorry dude I only started this a month ago obviously I haven't done this for any time but I'm about to learn something new if you tell me why this is good/bad

>but, is that a bad or a good thing
>what does this mean?

Now you're asking good questions!

It all goes back to what a share in a company is: partial ownership. And with that ownership comes a right to company profits.

Because there are numerous reasons why companies have lots of/very few shares outstanding, simply judging the number (in isolation) isn't very useful. When you come across a company with lots of shares outstanding, it may be because they are a mature business that is widely owned throughout the market and has a long history as a publicly traded company (eg. Telstra).

On the other hand, Lynas Corporation has 3.5 billion shares outstanding because throughout its entire life as a listed company, it has had to ask the market for funding in exchange for shares. It has to devalue ('dilute') its shares routinely in order to maintain its business operations.

awesome, thanks for the help
because there are more shares in a company and more people are investing into it, if it's not for a bad reason like lyna
does it then become easier to sell for larger profits?

the major companies worth investing in (think the blue chip, with reasonable performance over the past few years) are fluctuating within a fairly reliable level, or rather have been for at least the past 6 months or so, look at the 6, 3 or 1 month low, submit an auto trade at that level and let the system do the work for you. i usually don't even know my shares have bought/sold until i check my email.

2 reasons for buying VRL
1. their last financial report was not reflective of their strength as a company, failed to meet expectations, and subsequently VRL is cheap to buy at the moment. it is more likely than not that they will recover quite significantly once their next financial report is released due to ...
2. relatively low AUD, blockbuster film release, good tourism and economic figures.

checked.

look, you can get cheaper brokers online. bell direct is pretty cheap ~ $5 cheaper per trade on most of them, westpac and bell direct are cheapest i think? i stick to commsec, i prefer the interface, never had any problems with them. quite frankly once you're trading upwards of a few thousand per trade, the fee is insignificant. if you're really concerned about it go bell direct. pretty sure they're the cheapest.

1500 isn't really enough to speculate with. the best advice i could give you is to keep saving whatever you earn and keep chipping away at whatever you can afford to invest in, put it in something reliable and keep it there until you can afford to make money speculating. i personally wouldn't invest in banks at the moment, put it in something with low exposure to the housing market and you'll be fine.

also don't listen to the cunts on Veeky Forums crypto and penny stocks are for suckers, unless you know your shit.

you can find all their reports on their website, just google it.

you could also probably find them on the asx website and any good online brokerage will have them too. cash is bottom line.

cheers dude and would you say if I was able to save 10k would it be smart to invest in 2 companies with 5k on each company or should I invest 10k all into one company?
when you traded with VRL did you invest with an amount around 10k?
when you say something with low exposure to the housing market would you possibly be able to give me an example of a company? and is that just to keep my money in instead of keeping it in my savings so it's atleast earning some sort of profit and then when I reach a good amount like 10k I start trading with bigger amounts then?

would it be smart to invest 1k into resources that are worth 0.50? or is that getting too risky
I just see these resources lately bouncing around the 0.50 - 0.55 mark and it seems like it would be easy to invest 1k into it come back after a few days and sell when it's gone up 0.05.

because there would not be $1million dollars of the stock for sale at that price. The attempt to purchase that volume would itself drive up the price.

how do you find out how much shares are available to trade? what do people usually trade with 10k?

What platform are you using? It tells you there in your screen. The 'volume' is how many of that share are available at that price.

Oh boy. I knew i shouldn't have looked at my portfolio today.

Going to get worse today. Should rebound though.

I actually hold some physical gold and silver. I might just watch those charts today instead as i clutch it in my sweaty hands.

Is it a good idea to invest into anz/westpac bank when they've hit a 52 week low or should I wait 3-4 days see if the price is still low/stable and buy in then or is this just a bad move?

It's been going up so bask in those charts and ignore everything else.

Problem is that we're stuck in Friday so if everything has calmed down by Monday then we missed the fun times.

I'm a bit of a gambler and just plain crazy so I'd wait till the last minute and buy any bank, maybe those with particular exposure to EU markets.

Lets face it, this is just panic selling. You ask people why they're doing it and they'll say, 'because damn well everyone else is'.

But I'm not a professional tradie, just hate following the crowd.

Down 6% on my portfolio today. Most of the losses have been lithium related. PLS down 20% considering where it was a month back it may be a good time to buy same with GXY. Remember buy low sell high.

but even if you bought at a high price couldn;t you just hold till it went back up at the price you bought it at if not even more?

thoughts on buying into commenwealth? it's nearly hit a 52 week low surely it's bound to go back up to 75 within the next couple of months once this dies down and you'd make atleast 4% profit on your investment going from 72 - 75

Sure. That's the long game, you ignore short term fluctuations likes people buying and selling on panic moves and instead focus on fundamentals.

I expect everyone to get over this within the week. At longest, end of July.

Ill buy ORG at 3.5, BHP at 15. Waiting for the collapse, cashed up and cosy as fuck.

Word of warning I would stay out of the banks and the financial sector until we establish the new bottom, maybe as much as 6 months from now.

how will we be able to know when it has reached bottom?

It's impossible to know, I will buy confidently at prices similar to 2008/9, but I suspect it will go lower than that.

what would be a good investment amount to buy ORG and BHP with? how much should I invest in both? when do you think these shares will reach this price?
if you bought ORG at 3.5 and it went up to 7 does that mean you make double your investment? would it be easy to sell at that price?