Braguard

ITT: We post our Vanguard portfolios and laugh at the daytraders/gamblers/market-timers/coiners/speculators/goldbugs.

Other urls found in this thread:

personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0914
morningstar.com/funds/XNAS/VSMGX/quote.html
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

feels good familia

Daddy give me some of your index fund cummies

Pretty huge bond allocation there m8

this desu. Are u like 50 years old lmao

I'm 50% s&p and 50% Canadian all cap index

Get rich or die trying

except OP (or his dad) is already rich?

i'm getting some conflicting sentiments from these two posts senpai

>Under 500k networth
>Rich

I'm 37. I have another 300k of U.S. stocks in an old Ameritrade account from back when I when I was a gambler... I mean trader.

That's why the high Vanguard bond %.

I have $3000 ready to plop into my recently opened Vanguard account, but I'm not sure which fund to put it into, or if now would be a good time to invest into them in general.

Their website recommended their VSMGX, but I haven't heard much about it, and rarely see people having it in their portfolio.

I'm 21 and plan on pumping money into it for a while to come, if that makes a difference.

Pls kill me if I'm 37 and still on Veeky Forums

thats impressive for a 27 year old not a 37 year old

just because most americans are incapable of accumulating $10000 doesnt make it any more impressive that a normal, rational human being can save

>The fund holds 60% of its assets in stocks, a portion of which is allocated to international stocks, and 40% in bonds,
-personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0914
>US Stocks: 36.2
>Non US Stocks: 23.4
>Bonds: 37.85
-personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0914

60-40 is great, if you're a pussy. At 21 you should be balls-out, like 80-20 or 90-10. Ride the tiger.

But hey, you filled out their questionnaire and Jack Bogle (PBUH) is rarely wrong. So long as you save lots, buy, and hold you'll do fine.

Thanks for the advice, user.

I've been told that since I'm younger, I can afford to take more risks and go more balls-out, which I agree with. This is going to be my first real investment, so I'm just a bit unsure. In the long run this initial investment probably won't matter much, but I just want to be on the right track going into the future.

Fuck, second link should've been morningstar.com/funds/XNAS/VSMGX/quote.html

Alternatively you can pick a year to retire and buy the target date fund for that year. It'll automatically shift from (volatile) stocks to (less volatile) bonds as you get closer to that date.

>trading vym three times this month
>make .7%, .5%, 1.2%
>waiting after tofay for another dip around 70.60

Is this a bad strategy? Holding is difficult for me.

>Under 10M networth
>Rich

>Not having a fulfilling job, loving wife, and wonderful kids
>Rich

That sounds like a good idea, when I get a real career moving I'll definitely look more into those.

Any recommendations for the higher stock-balanced funds? I'm having a bit of a hard time finding one that has a minimum investment I can reach, I was looking at VRGWX but that's a bit high for what I can put in right now.

I'm 38 and have a tenth of that in my savings account. But I've been a NEET all my life with no income until 2 years ago, so.

I dont get how Vanguard works? Do I just throw money into it? Opened an account but don't know fuck all what I'm suppose to do. Do they invest for me? Dude what....

>not going with the super stocks and leaving it
blog.objectiveforex.com/p/long-term-super-stocks.html

The cheapest funds have a $1000 buy-in. Most others require $3000 or up.

If you have enough, you setup a transfer from your checking or savings or whatever and begin your long slow path to riches.

You can read a lot on the Bogleheads wiki here bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

So, vanguard account or cheap online broker and buy ETFs?

Six of one, half dozen of the other, senpai
Or at least that's my perspective as a non-vanfag. Anyone please feel free to correct me

>Surrounding yourself with things much more easily attainable
>Mediocre at best
>Rich

So I have to start with 1k?

Will look into the rest mate, thanks.

I'm about to buy into VQNPX, it falls within the amount I can invest at the moment, seems to be a good performer, and is more stock-focused.

Before I do, does anyone have any recommendations for alternatives? Is there a clear better choice of fund I should buy instead?

>BRAGaurd
>not even half a milliom net worth

Fuck off middleclassfag

Why would you people dump so much money into over-inflated equity based index funds?

They're going to be hemorrhaging money for the next 5 years.

Notice how they stopped earning 13% annually just about the same time the US Fed halted its QE and bond buy-back programs?

These are artificially inflated asset classes folks.

Index funds were a good idea in 2009.

>people unironically think index funds stopped being a good investment at some arbitrary point in time

Lower fees at Vanguard or Fidelity

>Buy now
>It goes down 20%
>Spend 2-3 years trying to make that back

>Buy now
>It goes up 20%
>I'm years ahead of my stock picking friends
You don't know the future, faggot. Hell, you don't even know the past.

>super stocks
>The SPY ETF is included.

Just opened my account, feels good man

Funded*

Any recommendations for Aussie looking to start a vanguard account ?

so what do you recommend?
inb4 Trumpcoin

Goodness...I feel I'm starting too late with my 100k at 30....

jesus christ i could retire on that OP

Why did you go Three-Fund portfolio for one account and a retirement fund for your IRA?

Companies are maxed out in terms of growth. They've already made all the cuts they could possibly have made and the markets are already saturated.

So it's going to be difficult for the big established market leaders to growth.

We're entering an era of zero growth.

Thanks, Nostradamus

Hello Peter Schiff

35 and less than 100k....someone kill me

I keep telling myself if I stay out of debt, I'm doing better than the average citizen.

It's so true that on some days I even believe it ;_;

You don't have to be Notre Dame to understand broad demographic trends in the developed world.

It's not rocket appliances, fellas.