What should i do with my business?

Background, 20 year old Pre-med junior.
Didn't want to be like all the other fucktards who go to college to rack up debt so i started pressure washing business. (Yes i know, not the grandest idea but i had only the 800$ needed to start the buis up).
I started it a year ago and so far have made around $40,000. Cash.

Here's the problem, business has started to wane in these past few months. (its ok because i still drive around in a 96 Chevy s10 and live frugally in a run down apartment, and therefore have a safe pillow.)

What do i do to spur my business more. I'm looking for stimulation. I work my ass off landscaping for my brother at 4 am till 2 pm. Then i pwash till it gets dark. So i'll work as hard as fucking possible to achieve this stimulation.

Ive had business cards made, i created a flyer with several before and after pictures and mail them out to adresses i drive by and collect.
I have not had one response from that tactic and have sent out 150 of them. Which is very expensive for stamps and color print.

I have started to become a handyman for an old doctor who just likes to throw money my way for random jobs like cutting down trees, screwing boards in, sealing bricks, etc.

Any ideas? Advice?
Can i expand my business into other frontiers? like handyman services? ANything else?
How do i better advertise? Im thinking of making a facebook page soon.

By the way, thanks in advance Veeky Forums

car wsh + oil chg combo

Hey man. I really don't have much to offer and sorry to hear about the business. You probably understand that most people here just want to play business rather than have any actual business... but If you are 100% legit and want to invest in yourself. Supposedly this is legit and I've followed him for a year and half now or something and he seems "real" go to YouTube and type in keith kalfas and look through his videos. He does 75% landscaping and business stuff but 5% pressure wash and 20% window cleaning. Definitely buy his courses and maybe learn from those and expand into the window cleaning portions or something. Atlas check his videos out because he offers a lot of insight to business problems at a real level

You really are on the right track. It's all about marketing. Try to spread your business through word of mouth, maybe give a referral discount or something. You could also look into a radio advertisement. But the really important thing is your internet presence. You need to respond to as many online reviews as possible, and accept any criticisms. You also need to make a Facebook and other social media pages.

Really, you are on the right path. Maybe try to expand, but it may not be feasible with your time restraints. You just need to be sure to build up your brand image.

Remember, when you buy Coke, you aren't paying for the soda, you're paying for the branding.

Offer referals ($25 to $50 in cash to anyone who recommends a friend)

Get Google business reviews and Facebook business reviews. Those 2 are huge. People look up my business online and when they see 5 stars and multiple positive comments they will call me for service. Really hammer clients hard to go online and review you. Many prospects will not buy from a business that has no reviews.

pic related is the last part of my bill.

Man's gotta eat Randy Bobandy.

You draft up some flyers saying you're a pre med student trying to save money for med school by pressure washing during the summer. You noticed that their fence/ drive way/ walls could use a nice washing. Include contact information for them to reach you. Blow up all the nearby mailboxes with those flyers while you're out landscaping each day.

Try to offer more cleaning services
Get a paint sprayer and do painting
Get window cleaning equipment
Get a ladder and clean gutters

We're on the same page here about op

but bruh, you need to work a little on that design. You could get some college student or something to do it on the cheap, or just do it yourself. Well worth it to spend time on it. I usually do graphic design stuff myself, because I have a lot of downtime and I have a bit of a knack for it, but it's cheap enough just to pay someone to do it for you, especially if you're going to use it a lot.

Thx, I know it sucks, but it works.

At this point if I never get another review my business will still succeed. It's just the fact that I have a few 5-stars that make the business look legit.

Oh also.

You could epoxy coat garage floors.

You can literally learn it your first time. Offer the service for like $300 - $400. I think you only need like $50 - $80 worth of materials and it should only take like 5 or 6 hours to do a garage floor.

can confirm. Super easy, and it actually really does improve the garage, so you would probably be able to find customers. And, there's really no risk, because you buy the supplies when you have a customer confirmed.

Also, mowing, if you have a lawnmower. Not peoples' yards, just stuff like cemeteries and businesses. You can make $300 for five hours of work every month. However, this is only feasible if you already own a mower.

Painting is another good one, however, it takes more equipment and practice.

Door to door.

if you're white i know i'm overpaying. you need regular clients otherwise. talk to other small business owners directly. just drive around and tell them their shit looks like shit.

it takes some tool investment but not much. on the other hand that shit is nasty and you can get sensitized to it. even if you think it doesn't bother you at first it likely will after a while. need to be careful about ventilation and never touch that stuff to your skin ever. consider getting a respirator too.

Word of mouth is basically how I have gotten all of my business. referral sounds interesting. what would be an estimate of a radio advertisement do you believe?

This referral idea is a good idea, I will implement that. I didn't think about google reviews. I'll have to look into how to get my business on there, will definitely have to contact my old clients to see if they would do that. just created my facebook page, getting a lot of likes so far.

i'd love to just throw my flyers into the mailboxes, but I'm trying not to get reamed by the postal office for opening another person mailbox.

will absolutely include those into my services.

what does this do? is it just used to stop water from rasining through the cracks and lifting the pad? is this a viable option for clients who live in the southern region of Louisiana? very interested in this idea. would like to know more.

I would definitely do this, but unless I pay for a permit and insurance, it is illegal to do that in my state.

I specialize in local seo and lead generation. Hit me up if you want to build your business.

>epoxy is hazardous to your health

I'm gonna need a source on that. I work with epoxy materials all the time, and I do not use gloves or a respirator.

I don't see the danger.

radio is very expensive, getting in local flyers like savvy shopper etc are also very expensive, like $1k/month minimum.

Really for a business like yours, any paid advertisement is likely going to be too much money.

Your local paper might do an ad for cheaper, try them, thats the only one that i think is affordable.

google.com/mybusiness

pretty easy to start up, just use your home address as the business address.

you can stick the flyer in the flag and its acceptable or tape the flyer to the side of the mailbox.

dont be scared.

epoxy is simply a paint. Only it is much much stronger than paint. It's like paint on steroids. it lasts much longer, is much tougher, and pretty much no liquid or acid can eat through it.

So after a garage floor has been coated with it, it's a nice pretty color and that garage floor will stay clean for ages no matter what gunk gets on it, it can just be cleaned off.

Just buy the kit at home depot, ask the guy to explain. dirt simple.

This is one of the services I do for my clients, claiming their GMB listing or creating one if they do not have it and optimizing it. You can click an option to not have your home address visible and include your service area so your listing will show in SERP but wont show your home address for privacy reasons.
It is the "I provide my service at customer location" option.

> Word of mouth
Oh shit, we're in the 80s again! Awesome!!!

OP, the Internet you cuck. I'm proud of you but you should have known this. Make sure your business is listed on Google. Have someone run social media sites. I'll do it for the cheaps, for free at first even. Pay me if it helps. It will. SEO is number 1, then accessibility through social media. Just an online presence in general.