Make Veeky Forums great again

Can we talk about how to make Veeky Forums better?

It really has no identity.

I guess crypto is a little bit of something to hang onto, but that's not really enough.

I think a major thing is to allow politics into it. I understand that we don't want it to turn fully into /pol/, and I think that there should be rules about what can and can't be discussed. For example, no discussing pro life vs pro choice as the main subject for a thread, but we can discuss welfare and such. I think that nobody really cares if you do talk a little bit about politics the way it stands, but I think that we need to make it officially allowed.

Also, we need some memes or inside jokes or something. Not like /b/ or anything like that, but more like /r/wallstreetbets. I think that we just mostly need a sense of identity.

I think that if there gets to be more in depth discussion and a more active user base this board could be the best place to discuss business for many people, but as it stands, very few people are regulars here, so there's no real reason to even have a conversation. If it takes three days for someone to respond, then what's the point?

Anyways, discuss. I really like this board, but I just want to see it be the best it can be.

>I think a major thing is to allow politics into it.

I mean, business and politics are completely intertwined. Trying to pretend like they're not is ridiculous.

>>I think a major thing is to allow politics into it.
this

>completely
Yeah nah. They are intertwined only in a macroeconomic sense.
In any case, my objection to the idea has more to do with its second order effects than with epistemology. All Veeky Forums discussion will be DROWNED THE FUCK OUT by the sort of incoherent rubbish underage idiots spout on /pol/ and popular subreddits.

I'm not saying to allow ALL political discussions, just open it up a little more. All the stupid shit they say on /pol/ would obviously be banned, along with anything completely unrelated to business/finance/economics. However, I think that a lot of people are afraid to start in depth conversations because of the rule that is in place. Certainly some people aren't, but I would say the average person stumbling upon this board would be. I certainly was super skiddish about everything I said that had any depth to it whatsoever when I first came here.

A board and its threads are only as good as the people making them. I doubt it's possible to retain post quality while inviting chancucks from other boards. I guess we could advertise on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, but the rest will trash this comfy board with no survivors.
As for memes, I see no problem with importing high quality memes from elsewhere. (pic rel)

>I guess crypto is a little bit of something to hang onto, but that's not really enough.

Crypto shilling threads are what makes this place shit.

I think the main thing is to retain the good people that we do get. I know personally that it is hard for me to remain interested when there is so little activity.

I think we are on the right track with these memes tho

I would agree. I think they're shit too, but at least they are consistently shitposted.

As has been said 50 million times before... a solid sticky would be a start.

Outside of that - pruning dupe crypto threads. You don't need 20 ether, trump, bitcoin or whatevercoin threads going at once.

>Also, we need some memes or inside jokes or something.

Meh, forced memes are the worst. Everyone knows this. We do have some. Kneepads and buy eth can be a valid response to just about anything.
I've been stopping by this board occasionally for quite a while and I've never seen a mod post on this board. Like ever. Not once. To the point I doubt this Veeky Forums even has one. You can't really do anything without a mod that cares.

I think I saw a screenshot of a mod once.

I agree forced memes are the worst, but the way to breed inside jokes and community is having an active user base, which we do need to "force" in a way. There just aren't many people that care about this board anymore.

You need to fuck off OP.

Almost all of your suggestions are cancerous crossboard ideas.

Go back to pol, but and r9k pls

Only if you're triggered. That's like saying stock shilling threads makes this board shit.

But you don't see this anywhere for some reason.

When there are discussions about economics it ends up turning into a "dae hate poors XD" thread because conservatives are meme spouting sheep with no critical thinking ability. There is also an infestation of Austrian economists which is blown the fuck out so easily that it should be bannable.

That being said, don't come to Veeky Forums for honest discussion. There is the occasional goodpost but it's mostly just an ocean of piss.

First off, you need to get rid of clowns like this

and what would you suggest to make this board better? I would love to hear it, but don't come here and say "your ideas are cancerous" and just leave without any constructive ideas. Go to /b/ for that shit

>stock shilling threads

You don't come to Veeky Forums often do you.

This smells subtly of b8, but I'll bite anyways.

A lot of times economics threads do turn to shit, but there's usually good discussion in there. I think it's more worthwhile to have a discussion turn to shit after 40 posts than to just not have the thread at all.

This isn't b, pol, g or r9k.

This is one of the least derailed boards on Veeky Forums that still provides good advice and discussion. I'd say it's as good as co, o and ck which are also really good at generating constructive discussions

But every other week some fucking autists tries to derail this thread with their cancerous, crossboard ideas.

The only legit complaint I can understand about this board is the number of stock and crypto shills you see daily, but it's not like their non-related to the board and generals largely help.

You saying there aren't any stock shilling threads?

The discussion of illegal activity gets banned which I think is a bit overkill and isn't enforced really anywhere else... but that's just an opinion one might have

theres no way to actually make Veeky Forums good because about half of 4chans traffic is underage or are dumb NEETs so yea.

They get pruned pretty aggressively, whereas the cyclical crypto shilling can take over the entire front pages for days.

Have you ever been on Veeky Forums ? There's no activity at all. I usually measure responses in DAYS not minutes, not even hours on this board. The discussions are good, but there just aren't many of them. I'm not suggesting going to /pol/ and screaming "GET OVER HERE IT"LL BE GREAT" but I am suggesting that we open up the discussion a little more. Saying that Veeky Forums can't discuss any politics is like saying Veeky Forums can't discuss any engine not in a car. Yes, it would focus the conversation on cars and you would probably get some great information about cars, but it would limit the amount and diversity of conversation. Much the same way, we get some great threads about some subjects, but we can never get much diversity in topics because we can't discuss larger themes.

This is the real answer.

It's probably the lack of content on this board. I mean on /b/ the mods have to be on the lookout frequently, but here a thread can last an entire week, so it's really easy to just ban whoever is technically breaking the rules. On other boards, it's still bannable, it's just that mods aren't quick enough sometimes.

we just need some dank memes desu senpai

Invest in weed, dude.

memes will cure all ailments

This isnt a fucking game, kid, this is my life. Live on the Alaskan tundra for a year and we'll see how your habits change when you come out the other side. You wake up and spit your morning loogie down the sink. I swallow it for sustenance. You're the kind who throws away bad milk. I make sour cream. You tie your shoes before you leave the house. I use one long lace between them both to save $ on shoelaces, faggot. I shit in a diaper for a year cause I couldnt afford to flush. Ever heard of a lambskin condom? I fuck lambs with a condom.. cause women are just to pricey. I have a mustache, cause it gets me free hotdogs. You're up a paddle without a creek, richboy. Ill only tell you once: I keep my promises kid, cause I cant afford to lie.

We need to be able to cross thread. So if you have a business idea that involves traveling you can post the same thread in Veeky Forums and /trv/
Or a business idea that involves cars you can post the same thread in Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums
When posting in the same thread on either board both boards post will show up in the same thread on both boards!
Veeky Forums should be doing this shit. I don't see why not, just keep worksafe with worksafe boards.

I've been here since the beginning.

Really this board has only had 2 issues. #1 the constant barrage of "How do I get rich" threads and #2 people posting the same questions over and over again. Thank God problem #1 has mostly been fixed thanks to mods. But problem #2 still persists.

The most common repeats I see are:
- How do I learn sales
- I want to get into real estate
- What are some safe investment options for large sums of money ($100k+)
- Should I do accounting?
- Tips for starting a business
- What books should I read to expand my general business/financial knowledge

I wish we could get a sticky like fit has for the above questions.

Not really.

You can have a hardcore democrat and hardcore republican get along great if they have a business situation that benefits them both.

making money > political ideology

100% agree.

>Let's talk about politics.

Here's an idea. Let's not.

I completely agree that democrats and republicans can have perfect business relationships, however on a larger level, when groups are involved, it becomes relevant. Think union vs management. Also, economics can get very political very fast, and the way it stands it gets to just be shit because people can't post their political motivations for a particular economic dispute, so everyone just sounds like unjustified dickheads. And of course, you could find studies and such to support your claim, but only a small proportion of people actually want to go to the effort to do that.

I was under the impression Veeky Forums had its own little memes and lingo.

>______ on suicide watch

>To the moon!

Then again, the only other biz related place I go to is r/personalfinance

So it sounds like we need a good sticky to get this board back on the right track. I like the Veeky Forums sticky, but it doesn't provide a lot of good, in depth information. I guess we could have an occasional thread about making a good sticky, but I have no idea how it would actually get stickied. I haven't ever seen a mod post here.

The Veeky Forums sticky is good, just not specific enough.

/r/wallstreetbets is a good one

>To the fucking Moon!
Pretty common, not just a Veeky Forums thing. There is a little bit of lingo, but not really enough to give a sense of community

This

Give crypto coins an own board.

Link to Veeky Forums discord?

The mod posted once when Hiro bought out dear sweet Mootikins and banned me once.

How to make Veeky Forums great again (like it was ever great.)

Move all cryptocurrency threads to a single sticky. "B-but Veeky Forums was MADE for crypto!" Veeky Forums was made to be an anime website now it no longer is times change crypto threads when it fills half the catalogue becomes cancerous.

Make a Veeky Forums advice sticky as well, no one is going to use /adv/ for business and finance subjects. They will just pollute Veeky Forums with "What should I invest in?" and "I just got X amount of money from X what do?" threads.

Meme production should be higher Veeky Forums has little maymays but the ones it does are gold case in point knee pads and mouth wash or buy ETH.

>I think a major thing is to allow politics into it
FUCK OFF