Should I major in Accounting or become an Electrician?

Should I major in Accounting or become an Electrician?

There's a lot of angles to come at this question. Don't consider me an expert I'm speaking hypothetically. They'll always be need for an electrician, so if you land a job you'll most likely never lose it. However there's always the risk of injuring yourself and if you are crippled then you could be screwed. With accounting in the beginning you may be discouraged if you can't initially land a job, but later in life if you keep advancing your education you could become wealthy and comfortable, however as with lots of jobs technological innovation is slowly replacing the need to hire real people, so there's always that to worry about.

Do you know someone in one of these professions?

I tried my local IBEW (in Pittsburgh) and it was so political that it was impossible to get in. Accounting for me now is the same way. Big 4 is impossible unless you know someone.

Political or beurocratic?

IF you can't land an accounting job you should consider suicide. Nothing is worse than accounting

Go be an electrician. It will be more fun, less stress and you won't have to wear a monkey suit. Accounting is only good if you can't do physical labor and/or you are really smart. Smart accountants don't do accounting.

Whichever one you like more. But if you get an accounting degree, don't actually be an accountant because

1. that's boring shit
2. accounting is becoming more and more automated.

Do something related like financial analysis or a cost estimator.

lots of people with accounting degrees don't land accounting jobs immediately out of college, also if you get a degree you can do lots of other business related careers, sometimes a little bit of luck goes a long way.

Had the same question earlier this summer. I'm gonna see if I can pass the CPA exam, and if I don't, then I work some low tier accounting job while doing electrician classes at night.

No union job, so eh.

You posted this 2 weeks ago.

Electrician. Much better money.

DONT FALL FOR THE FUCKING TRADE MEME

I just left being an electrician at 23. I left high school a useless cuck and figured "im gunna do something with my life and not be a monkey suit in an office hurr"

protip: its hard labour and you work in dirty ass construction sites surrounded by drug addicts and alcoholics who have no education and you leave everyday exhausted and covered in shit and NO ONE fucking respects you

This. If you are a big fucken pussy don't do it.

I hope you won't study accounting, kek.

For what it's worth I'm a math major and one of my classmates was an electrician before. He worked at a local ore processing factory and got bored of smoking weed all day with clinically retarded coworkers conspiring to work as little as possible because the engineers didn't care. He's struggling and will have to retake his junior year but I think he's going to make it, he wants to become a high-school teacher.

Big 4 is not impossible. I did it. Just get gud.

Basically being an electrician is the safe choice.

Electrician.

Accountants work dog hours for pay that doesn't really compensate for it.

and electricians don't.

Both are pretty bad. accountants are getting automated out. Electrician is an easy job with a lot of competition.

how about welders

yes i'm looking into this as well.

Accounting has the potential to pay more.

Electrician's have a more favorable job market.

Electrician and pay your way through school with the money you make as an electrician. An accountant would be a good job to do while retired.

I did a one year masters of accounting program with no pre-reqa and landed a Big 4 job and passed my CPAs. Starting pay is $63,000 in Atlanta. My father is a blue collar worker. I knew Big 4 is a meat factory it's definitely better than what my dad does.