Building a Life from Scratch

I am 18 and a high school senior in Istanbul, Turkey.
I've been battling with depression and anxiety for ~4 years and right now it has reached to a point where I can't keep living anymore, honestly.

I have decided to literally run away from here and I'll try to survive in US or Europe. It won't be hard for me to get a VISA since I've already travelled those places a few times. I have London in my mind especially, but open to other city suggestions too.

I would like to ask you guys about your advices on my situation. Right now I have no direction or goal in life and honestly, I'll kill myself in a few weeks guaranteed. But with this "journey", at least I'll have the goal to survive in my focus, better than nothing. I know it'll be painful but it'll teach me a lot..

Thanks..

why would it be any better in usa or europe. infact it'd be worse because no one likes refugees

the problem is you have no vision.

if you die, no one will care.

Well, you're a bit right.
The thing is, I don't care if anyone cares or not. Right now I'm living a life that is really worse than if I'd be on the verge of death somewhere.

Only I will care whether I'll survive or not. I will be living just for myself, nothing else. That's what I need.

Just remember shit can always get worse

>go to londonistan as a rapefugee
>get a million sterlings house and a pretty good paycheck for nothing
>rape woman
>community service

why you haven't taken the refugee bandwagon yet is beyond me. Germany and Sweden also good places to go for this.

try r9k

You need a therapist.

>turkroach entering EU

oh no

Is Turkey really that bad? come on..

Read "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and strive everyday to live like Zarathustra. That's what got me out of my depressive rut, take it for what its worth.

You seem to have good command of the English language. Why don't you go to the Med coast and get a job in one of the resorts? Interacting with people, including qt tourists, outdoors, and sunshine will lift your depression in no time.

Yeah, I bet Germany, Sweden, and the rest are in dire need of translators.

>mediterran coast
>germany and sweden

USA?

>I would like to ask you guys about your advices on my situation.
Start by calling that place of Turkey Constantinople. Then proceed to get a goal in your life.

Didn't fully read your post. Saw med, assumed med school because thats what a lot of immigrants are doing in germany. my bad. That said, translators, translators, translators.

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I meant he should stay in Turkey but move to a party town on their
Mediterranean coast instead.

No it was my fault, didn't read it fully. What can I say, common core incentivizes skimming for context.

I've never been to Turkey, or outside north America for that matter, but from my perspective the worst thing anyone can do is freeze or get stuck in a rut.

Do you want to run away to the US or Europe because your family sucks? Mine was pretty bad and I would fantasize about running off into the woods to survive there. The mistake I made was assuming the totality of society was as shitty as my family was.
The only advice I have is to stick it out, because struggling through another year or two puts you in a much better position than being a homeless illegal minor would. In the mean time I would study Philosophy because you will need something to fill the void after you leave your family. Aristotle is a great place to start.

I heard citizenship is easy to get in Canada, had heard stories about people graduating from local universities ending up NEET for a while, then their parents sends them to some whatever college in Canada and worked there.

'no matter where you go, there you are'

What I mean is, if you can't get your mind right where you are, it won't be any better elsewhere.

I don't expect you to just get over yourself and start skipping down the street, but if you are literally that depressed, do some work on your mindset first.

Or find a fucking medication or something, legal or illegal, whether it is 5-HTP, weed, diazepam, etc
Then read some self-help or try self-hypnosis, NLP, anything.

Meanwhile, I was born in London and live here, so want to know why you think this would be a good place? I mean, there's opportunity everywhere, and it's fucking expensive here. Ask me anything about living or working here though if ya want.

>Right now I have no direction or goal in life.

Well, there's the main problem, if you don’t know what you want, how are you gonna get it, or recognize the opportunity when it appears?

Anyway, you're a fucking teenager, don't stress over it, most 30 year olds I meet don't know what to do with themselves or what they want either.

>translating

A few peeps have suggested this, and it's not a bad start, you might enjoy it.
You can often work online or over the phone too, if you're socially awkward or whatever.

So, if you want a job, google 'translator jobs' if you want to work for yourself, google 'freelance translator jobs' and try adding 'turkish' to get relevant posts.

If this is no good, start with YOU - what are you good at, and what do you like, or want to do?

Hi türk from the netherlands here.
First things.
Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary things so don't do it.
I don't want to hear on the news this:
"Instanbul öğrenci kendi hayatını aldi"
Second
Are YOU legally depressed or tumblr style self-diagnosis?
If you are depressed visit your local camii or friends and family.
Ask for help or just have lots of gün.
If you aren't its maybe a good time talking to your teacher boss or else.
Stress and burn outs are things to avoid at all costs.
Third
Think of the positive things.
Your learning and i know thats hard.
But after graduating you are free to do whatever you want.
Be optimistic.
Fourth
If you feel like no one is caring about you... YOU ARE WRONG.
You have generations of family on your back.
Your grandma/pa mom dad brothers/sisters cousins go on...
Visit your neighboors local mosquee
As long as its not a place where everybody is telling you to go "kill yourself faggot" cough Veeky Forums cough
I really hope you are not going to be killing yourself.
If you need any help just ask.
Maşallah
(And for the rest dont ruin it)

Damn autocorrect back at it again

see a psychologist once a week. You may also want to read some books on your condition. "When Panic Attacks" is good, as well as "I'm okay, You're Okay".

If you take some time to treat these issues you can fix them user.

I don't think leaving your country is the right solution.