Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Join us on chat (discord) To hear voice chat, access the channels in the top left corner -
discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TPWMIEr

For the latest in memetics and the hottest memeology, be sure to check our lunar calendar -
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]&pli=1

--FAQs for Robinhood--
Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
If you're not into robinhood - stockbrokers.com/offers
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.
> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).
> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.
> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.
> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.
> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.
> If I have Robinhood do I need to worry about 'Free riding' violations?
No, its not applicable for limited margin accounts (instant), and if you don't have instant, RH won't let you buy with unsettled funds
> Can I use Robinhood on my PC?
Yes, download an android emulator. Setup is extremely easy. memuplay.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

webbreakingnews.com/2016/06/10/zacks-analysts-set-4-50-price-target-for-bovie-medical-co-nysebvx/
nasdaq.com/symbol/ceru/after-hours
12newsnow.com/story/32281514/john-mcafee-to-participate-on-technology-panels-at-politicon-2016-on-june-25-26
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CERU my nigga

Entire portfolio in the red today. Literally not a single gainer.

Fuck you, UK faggots. I hope you do leave and it completely craters your shitty irrelevant island nation.

CERU my nigga

/ceru/ my nigga

>be me
>lurk /rgt/
>make a few small, smart investments
>here about this guy called Noko-bro, calls some stock called GEVO
>yeah okay, like I'm gonna trust some random guy on the net
>they have a test flight, it succeeds, the stock spikes to unprecedented levels
>holy shit, I guess he knows what he's talking about, I'll take my chance on his next stock
>he calls some small things here and there, they all go up and I sell for a nice tidy profit
>he starts to call a stock called VHC, calls it the next Holy Grail, that it's gonna take me to the moon. "Triple what it is now" he claims
>his father, who he says is a rich doctor who has actual brokers, is apparently holding VHC since February and is very deep into it
>he puts on a trip and starts to spread VHC's glory unto us
>i buy in
>it goes up thursday, I sell and he claims "Th-this isn't it, M-Monday is the tri-riple!"
>decide fuck it, take out my life's savings, re-mortgage my house and my son's college fund, all of which I've been saving for around 20 years on my honest meager salary
>monday
>the market opens
>robinhood isn't working
>it starts dipping
>stop loss doesn't activate
>noko preaches on voice chat "I-it's n-n-no-nothing, j-just gonna b-buy the d-d-dip!"
>another case sets precedence, stock drops to the hell pits
>noko is crying and playing a ukulele, blubbering how his dads fingered his asshole
>i lose everything
>i see no other way out, i get my gun
>as I pull the trigger my son comes in tired from his football practice and tries to push the gun
>its too late
>instead of instant death I'm bleeding large amounts of blood
>i decide to leave him, who has tears streaming down his face, some advice
>"CERU my nigga"

What is everybody currently holding and what price did you get in at?

>$REXX @ 0.765
>$AKS @ 4.76
>$SKLN @ 0.166

I made some money today buying $CLF yesterday when it was $4.80, and selling today @ $5.10, I'm hoping to see basically the same gap play on $AKS

So will you keep blaming UK now for the next year for all your stupid stock picks?

Your shit tier nation is objectively responsible for all the garbage volatility this week. Eat my ass.

I got REXX yesterday at .75 and let it go at .86, rinse and repeat.
XXII ended in the green

Daily reminder the PTX is a diamond in the rough.
Daily reminder that TLOG has a good chance of positive phase 2 results for a cancer drug coming out soon.
Daily reminder that /rgt/ is so much more useful/comfy without tripfags.
Daily reminder that the only way to stay sane is not to play this game.

I had my limit sell set for 0.87 and didnt have a buyer when it peaked. Just gonna sit til tomorrow, if Oil doesnt get close to 51 then I'll lower my limit to .85. REXX is probably going to hit a dollar sometime this month though if oil prices stay high. When $CJES got their NASDAQ delistment notice they hit $1 that same week. $REXX got their notice a few days ago

>current holdings

$G @ $22.49
$UXVY @ $12.50

Playing on brexit happening tomorrow.

Meant

>-6% yesterday
>-5% today
>JUST

What are you holding and why are you holding it?

>implying I'm a Britcuck
lmao

Just face it, you have not a single clue what you are doing, and now you're blaming UK for your own faults.

What would happen if I used Robinhood to buy a single share in as many stocks as I could?

You become an index fund.

I LOST $2000 TODAY

SOMEBODY KILL ME

For $2000 I will.

webbreakingnews.com/2016/06/10/zacks-analysts-set-4-50-price-target-for-bovie-medical-co-nysebvx/

Your next meme stock

On what? You niggas make the most uninsightful posts. and

So whats some good shit to buy now that the market crashes tomorrow

I went ahead and bought a shitload of SCTY this morning

spent all day watching it & waiting for it to come back up and when my P/L was -2000 i said fuck it and ate the loss

>nasdaq.com/symbol/ceru/after-hours
Ok, which one of you fuck faces did this.
We finished 1 cent in the green today, only to have it drop 2 cents after hours.
Be honest now, I won't dox you.

Why don't we build an /rhg/ index?

Amd

Imma hold this bitch though

>getting mad about meme after hours

I've made stocks "go up" 20% by making a single trade in AH. Someone did it last night with XGTI and set Stocktwits on fire. Once trading 83 shares at 1.35 and then again trading 1 share at 1.85

I'm not letting go either.

SKLN @ 0.20
TRVN @ 7.89

Not worried about SKLN
Hope Travena bottoms out soon. I really don't wanna average down a third time only to lose more.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Dealing with familial issues. All you need to know is that you should hug your father. Unless you're Noko-bro who lost his money.

So what did I miss? What is the calendar missing?

-15% GEVO, -7% MGT,sold LABU for $15 loss

2 fucking shares dropped a $60m company drop 1% after hours
lmfao
something is wrong here

And now you realize that the stock market is controlled entirely by human beings that only pretend they're rational.

The market is taking a big hit tomorrow as people panic about brexit.

I thought about buying some $GEVO when it dipped for a swing trade but the moving averages seem to suggest its heading back towards .35 support. It's definitely a shorters stock until more news. The company is losing money every quarter. They're down 150 million over the last 3 years. I hope you aren't long

$MGT I also thought about buying the dip but I went $AKS. I think $MGT will bounce back next time Lord Mac tweets something or does PR, people love this stock for some reason.

damn, after hours tomfoolery

when are you expecting SKLN to bounce above .2?

Is it possible to manipulate the price in this fashion?

$MGT- Lord Mac is doing a conference this Sunday, not directly for MGT though

12newsnow.com/story/32281514/john-mcafee-to-participate-on-technology-panels-at-politicon-2016-on-june-25-26

I got 200 shares. Didnt move much today probly shoulda sold at 2.14 but shit robidhood will freeze my account if i do

Only if the only other people trading are children that don't look at the volume of the trades lol

>1327574
I made a thread about this yesterday, some autist derailed it though. Lately, I've been taking matters into my own hands and have been manipulating what I could.

>wait for a dip during the intraday trading
>purchase a small number of shares
>wait for AH to hit
>purchase 1 share at the next support level
>sell the remainder of my shares at said support level
>watch as the AH market adjusts to those sales
>tfw you profit like a bandit because of one share causing an infinitesimal upward average to your current shares

It's been working for me. I wonder if we all did this, we could have serious impact on the market.

That sounds kind of illegal
>pic related

suh dood

>hail sedor

>illegal
How? If it is, I'll stop. I don't see how it would be illegal though. That wouldn't even make sense. I'm just playing the game.

So how do you guys set stop losses? Do you set a fresh one every morning? Or do you have a certain price you're willing to compromise on? What if it bounces back?

Never set stop losses

>I'm just playing the game

Oh many a famous man has said those words before

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

>Churning: "When a trader places both buy and sell orders at about the same price. The increase in activity is intended to attract additional investors, and increase the price."

Not a lawyer, don't think it's illegal, but if you try to expand your operation you could get fugged

Do you invest or trade?

Yeah, but what exactly is illegal about it? If we conspired to do it or me doing it alone? So what if I buy a share at a ridiculously high price and sell the remainder for a little less than the next support level. That's on me. I can see where the conspiracy part _COULD_ be illegal. I'm just not sure how or why what I'm doing alone would constitute illegal activity.

>right before I posted
Ah, gotcha. Yeah. I suppose it would be illegal if we all banded together to do it. Nevermind, bad idea guys.
>or is it?
Nevermind.

I see that happening in many stocks.

Illegal or not, the SEC won't do shit to you. They are one of the most worthless government agencies around. They literally have to be harassed for years to prosecute people. I know faggots trade on insider info all year round and nothing happens to them even while bragging about it on facebook.

So, you're saying there's a chance we could all make out like bandits and the SEC would take years to catch up? I'm not saying we should do it at all, I'm just asking if we could.

I shoulda just sold my fucking AMD this morning and left the market alone for a week. Everything is red, EVERYTHING. Investing right now seems retarded

It's in USD, so yes.

Just sitting on it a bit. Nothing to play with atm.

Try this to fix your weak hands

I'm saying we could do this and the SEC probably wouldn't come after us as at all.

Investing is retarded. Day trade, even on robinhood you get 4 day trades. If you space them out you can pretty much do a trade every other day since they reset after 5 days.

Holding stocks has done nothing but lose me money plus it's boring as hell. I only hold stocks for a day at most and it's worked well.

it's gonna go back up tomorrow buy the dip and don't be greedy faggot

It resets 5 days after the last daytrade

so if you have your 3rd on Friday, you can't daytrade until next friday.

Is there a good equivalent of this in the UK? WHY THE FUCK IS IT NOT HERE

I don't think that's how it works. I got capped on day trades once and two days later I got one back. (the first of the 3) the other 2 came back 5 days later as they were both in the same day

I feel like everyone before me is wrong and it'll dip for worse.

Its very possible that $AMD drops again to 4.6. There is decent support at $5 though. I'm not a 'tech' guy so I avoided this stop. Bravo to those that have held since it was below $2

I think I gotta trust the 420...last time there was a dip and I didn't buy in when I wanted to...the sum bitch jumped to 5.50 lol.

That's not how it works for me. It's 5 days after each trade for me. Not 5 days after the last.

never done any day trading before -- any tips? like best time of day to buy/sell

best time to buy/sell...morning
best time to buy/sell...evening
best time to buy/sell...early/late evening

Buy low, sell high Nigga.

wat

Someone posted this b4.

But I've learned it's basically all luck.

Usually bad luck in my case.

this is helpful, thx

this is good advice Never buy in the first 15 minutes unless you get erections from watching your money disappear

yeah i learned that the hard way. "oh it's spiking right as the stock market opens, better buy right away!"

I'll take one for the team and sell the shares I got today of AMD at 5.28 today around noon tomorrow. It's bound to skyrocket 2min aftet I sell.

does one single person selling a stock like that actually cause a noticeable effect?

No. He is saying he has bad luck.

I'm selling my AMD shares and going full in on XXII tomorrow

Go be with your family dude.

So the fuck is going on with $STEM?

$STEM is a meme do $ARTX or $DOC

Been using robin hood for 3 months and just got invite for instant. Have heard some people say it is not good to accept unless you have over a grand.. currently have about 2 hundred in stocks and I buy weekly but rarely sell...Is instant for me?

It seems like nobody is aware of this: if the Brexit vote is leave invest in $TVIX. It is a ETN that takes advantage of market decline. If the market loses say 500 dollars tomorrow, you'd make approximately 25%.

Also if the vote is STAY then I would be looking toward beat down large caps such as $TSLA $NFLX $RHT I believe that some of the losses are from fear.

>invest in $TVIX. It is a ETN that takes advantage of market decline.

No it doesn't you colossal retard. Jesus you fags don't even have a grasp of the instruments you recommend/throw money at.

Just got Robinhood instant! What should I do now, Veeky Forums?

I'm holding most my cash to be able to average down if brexit fucks me.

Also looking for RGR entry. Earnings report July 26th I think. SWHC 's ER couldn't have been better and the sector looks nice and safe right now. Britbongs aren't even allowed to carry butter knives, so I can't see a downside.

Hate buying expensive stocks, but my ass has been bleeding for weeks from the memes.

No, they don't make ar15's, but just posting for clues as to how RGR ER will go. Take a look at SWHC

Halfway across the world, mate. Doing this keeps me from falling apart.

Check out /r/robinhood on reddit. Lots of people complaining about instant over there. You might be screwed accepting it. Not for me anyways.

Meant for

RGR July 26 ER

Can't see how it could be bad

Anyone care to talk strategies for tomorrow?
I don't expect we'll know the results of Brexit until Friday morning and I'm expecting the market to be very green tomorrow morning as pepole buy puts / shorts (anticipating a lot of people pulling their money before close).

I'm expecting to close all my positions in the morning spike. First 10 minutes of the day going to sell.

Added. Price is a little steep for us rh users. Thanks, anyway.

Or put in low limit buys and sell overcorrections for your money gain erections.

I hear theres a company out there thats gunna do good the next couple months.. Have you guys ever looked into AA?

You were warned to get out of the market.
Tomorrow is going to be even worse with low volume. Friday is going to be insane. Expect a 400 point dow loss if brexit votes and 200 gain if stay.

>Can't see how it could be bad

It's bad in 30% of the ERs you just posted, mong.

Got instant. I never buy and sell in the same day but probably gonna sell off most of my stocks and focus on SKLN and CERU and MNKD. Got 150 shares of Skln, want to get it to 200 then probably rest in MNKD

Everytime liberals mention guns, the stock bumps up.

First trump-clinton debate's sending it soaring.

ER is just a bonus.

I'm done with memes, I'm going to start shorting nugt and dust