Are wholesale clubs a meme?

Are wholesale clubs a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-just-made-huge-change-145119151.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In what way?

can you explain wtf meme refers to in this context?

depends on what you need
toiletries, coffee, cheese, bottled drinks, lots of meat all at once, snacks, etc. makes it worth it

>not having a family member or friend you can piggyback a membership from

I haven't paid for pleb gas in like 10 years

Can you not be a faggot?

They pretty much are a meme, since you can go to your local cvs any week and there will always be some brand of toilet paper or whatever else you need on sale for less than what costco sells it for.

I read somewhere that supermarket shoppers that always buy the generic store brand save on par with the wholesale club shoppers.

Even in the quantity that wholesale provides? For example, the wholesale meat is way cheaper per ounce than my local grocery. That being said, I suppose it's comparable to Wal-Mart's meat in price (definitely not quality - at least not in these parts).

They're fucking baller, but only if you make use of them.

I go like once a month.

I get more value from amazon prime than i did from my costco card. But I could see the value if you have a family to feed.

>on sale for less than Costco
You sure about that? What about the lifetime warranties on consumer goods purchased there? What about the cheap produce and meats?

Really, the benefit of Costco is their customer service, produce and meat quality, and member savings on tires/gas/vehicle maintenance. Sam's club is garbage-tier big box store staffed by immigrants and retards, Costco is the shit.

>They pretty much are a meme

WHAT THE FUCK IS A MEME

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

going full fatty with the teriyaki chicken there m8. is it good?

Nah they have pretty good deals.

Especially if you have a family, costco is the way to go. Bulk savings.

user, have you got the new citi visa by Costco?

No. Should I have? I had their amex, but haven't gotten the Costco card since the change over.

I got it today. 4% back on gas, 3% back on restaurants, 2% back at Costco and 1% everywhere else. No annual fee. You also get an extra 2 year warranty when you purchase electronics.

>is it good?
One of the best things they sell. I'm glad it looks like they are keeping it. They had it when I first went there and then it was gone for 5 months until it went on sale. Now it looks like a standard product.

>I had their amex, but haven't gotten the Costco card since the change over.
finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-just-made-huge-change-145119151.html

If you have a family it's probably a good deal

I just live with my gf and there's no benefit unless we want to buy 5lbs of chicken wings at a slight discount and eat chicken wings for 4 days straight

user you freeze things from Costco, you don't buy a fucking week's worth of chicken and eat it all at once.

Went there with someone with someone who had a membership. I thought the prices per/oz were going to be really cheap due to everything being wholesale but the prices were actually really expensive. I have no idea what the benefits are of Costco.

What's all this about them switching to visa? Is their card a good deal now that it's not Amex?

>riding off dad's membership for years
>expired/up for renewal when I go
I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it was annoying

Did you renew it for him/you?

>user you freeze things from Costco
Lately they stopped carrying my frozen broccoli. Very annoying. All they have is steamer bags, which are more money and hard to portion.

This. I pay less than .25/roll of Scott tp, beat that!

Is "is x a meme" a meme? Does meme even mean anything anymore?

Yeah, I was standing there with a cart full of stuff I wanted.

I love that broccoli, that sucks

5lbs of chicken wings would last two of you four days? What are you both 75 lbs or something?

Yes

My two local grocery stores (Giant and ShopRite) have the same shit at the same prices

i have the costco member tier that pays me back whenever i shop, I shop there so much that costco pays ME to shop with them

The I pay 100 bucks for a 50 dollar membership meme

Costco is really nice for generics and prescriptions. Their prices are some of the best in those fields.

Food court is also nice for those who live near costco's that aren't very busy. Getting a full sized hot dog, soft drink and a combo slice for about $4 including tax is really nice.

kirkland brand tp nigger. also costco picks out all their shit based on extensive market research, so literally everything in costco is validated usually as being something non shit-tier. also the greatest perk is the cheap gasoline, costco has their own gas station where you can fill up for like 30-50 cents cheaper per gallon than shell or arco

costco also has 100% return policy no receipt required for shit, even if its years old. so it makes buying stuff like electronics pretty low risk without having to get special warranties and shit

worth it if you have a big family, or have a very consistent diet

overrated, or seemingly good but actually bad, or something designed to trick you.

I agree with you though, that word is basically meaningless nowadays, and people should just say what they mean.

If you use it as your primary grocer, you pay $100 upfront for their highest membership but will easily make up the difference on the cash back (plus a little more on the side).

Even as a single person, it's worth it for anything that's not leafy greens or items that quickly go bad.

MBA fag here. I just graduated in May and made a 100+ page report and several presentations on Costco for my Strategic Management course.

Costco is interesting because despite having tapped the e-commerce market very little, it still proves that it can make money in the brick-and-mortar setting.

Its Kirkland Signature brand has gained much loyalty among its customers.

Finally, Costco has super-low inventory! This has two advantages: first, Costco offers few products, but they're all premium products at a discount! Second, it makes them very fiscally competitive (reduced overhead, etc).

BUY BUY BUY

>29.6 p/e

Overvalued

No thanks

Fuckin love that pic.

Hey guys, I sell bulk stuff too ;_;

you like trashy whores?

As of 2015, it has had an ROCE (a measure of competitive advantage) that exceeds both that of its competitors Target and Wal-Mart.

2015 free cash flow at $1.9 billion. From 2013 to 2015, that's an average FCF growth of 16.7%.

Buy and frickin hold.

Who doesn't!!!

I get the feeling that the people who hate costco are povertyfags who spent their money on corner stores and wic. Costco is much superior to everything except Adeli.

I live far north and whole sale is really big up here and the prices even better since literally every thing needs to be shipped up here via boat.

The irony is the word meme has become a meme itself. People shoving into every post because its the latest Veeky Forums buzzword. People can be memes. Things. Ideals. Meme can be an adjective as well as a verb. Basically Veeky Forums is full of idiots who like to sodomize the english language

Thanks to Sam's Club, I don't spend more than $200 (max) per month on food/household/survival items.

Costco chickens are the fucking bomb. They are cheap as fuck, sold as a loss leader.

I buy grocery staples at Costco. Chicken, frozen veggies, bulk steel cut oats and quinoa, bathroom items, eggs, and fruit.

Snack food stuff is cheap their too, but I try not to buy that kind of shit. Electronics is a bonus, I don't buy alot of that kind of stuff but if I do need to its usually breddy gud.

Booze and wine is cheap their too.

Sometimes clothes too. In not a fashion queen so its fine.

I have an executive I share with my old man. We don't even live in the same state but costco is fine with it. Between us we get enough Cashback to pay for the membership and then some more.

> mother fucking costco hotdogs

Other cool shit I don't use but it's available
>discount gift cards
100 dollar cards for 80 dollars can be had for local restarunts.
>tires
>cars
> home owners and car insurance
>gas (varies by state)

Gonna go to Costco after Wales-North Ireland today. Rate my shopping list:

Gas

Golf gloves

Apple
Banana x2
Pear
Celery
Kale
Garlic
Tomato
Avocado
Strawberry
Blueberry
Cherry
Black Grape
Watermelon

Chicken breast
Beef chuck
Laughing cow

Milk
Eggs x2
Egg whites
Smoked salmon

Beer

Greek yogurt tub
Greek yogurt singles
Trident pollock burg x2

Pecans
Almonds

Also, who else hype to use new Costco Visa?

I feel bad for your asshole.

These club gimmicks are all the same, for suckers. When I hear "wholesale" I expect things to truly be 40% or more cheaper. But that doesn't happen. And who wants to buy 50 rolls of tp at one time just to save a few cents?

You've never shopped for a large family, have you user?

Haha they played you.
I ask all my friends and family if they want to use my membership. Every year I get a check from costco enough to pay for my membership plus some

>sams club prepper

Yeah I have three people in the house and we go through the bulk Scott tp in like a month and a half, maybe two months. If you had like 6 people I wouldn't want to imagine the stuff you would go through.

All you need is one woman and she makes all the TP disappear, pronto.

>Free Sunday brunch, every fucking week of the year
>meme

Just got a check from Costco for 350. Executive member. Dry staples and meat come from restaurant depot and the rest come from Costco. Wood fired pizza (Traeger grill) every Friday night is a tradition. Also buy TVs there for my business. Stuff like that. Also my kids play set.

their roast chicken is the bomb for $5... I lived off that through college... could feed me for 4 days with rice/bread.

you can't even get a frozen chicken for $5