So today the people of the United Kingdom decided to no longer remain a part of the EU

So today the people of the United Kingdom decided to no longer remain a part of the EU.

It is now looking likely that Northern Ireland and Scotland will be holding their own referendums to dispand from the UK.

What are your thoughts? A big mistake on the British public?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-36388621
motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/nigel-farage-admits-his-bold-brexit-claim-was-mistake
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trump said it was a GREAT that Britain got out of the EU. and it would make her "GREAT" again

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

The proof Europe needed that empty populism is not the answer to anything. It probably won't be easy for England (since it's safe to say the UK will not remain as it is for very long) to bounce back and get better.
Especially since many foreign companies might leave London for Frankfurt, Paris or Switzerland.

yep UK is not longer a startup/company tax heaven within the EU anymore.

The EU was already falling apart, you will totally understand in a few years that this was the good decision to take

When we joined, EU trade was at 31%, it is now at 17% ,they literally trade less with non-EU countries now.
Over 53% of UK trade is with non-EU countries.
We want more of that, and less of the other.

Northern Ireland and scotland are a fucking albatross around the neck of England (let's be honest - LONDON) and they can fuck off.

The republic of Ireland bombed the shit out of us for 50 fucking years to get independence.
We gave it to them.
Guess who couldn't handle their own finances and run their own shitl and had to begin the UK to bail them out, TWICE?
In less than a decade?
Fucking Ireland.
Scotland produces fuck all and we own most oil and gas reserves.
An ageing alcoholic population of cucks who never got over the Braveheart mentality of 'fucking English cunts'.
I say we throw in Wales too, fuck 'em, they can have it.

Do you know what top UK economists have been saying for years? That the city of London should be a city state and fuck everyone off if they are so fucking set on independence.
I'm paraphrasing of course, I've adapted it for Veeky Forumsrealis.

London outperforms even every shitty northern and midland city or town...the output or GDP of London outperforms the rest of the UK several times over, and even many countries.

It's like a guy winning the lottery every year then all his relatives scrounge 50% of it.

Not to mention foreign aid, the commonwealth, etc

Independence only works if you have your shit together.

Case in point - India fought for independence from the UK and got it, but gained because they learned shit from us and did it with manners and phased it in and negotiated, and had infrastructure like railways, etc in place.
Bangladesh and Pakistan both fought for independence from India.
They got it.
And they are fucking shitpoor shitcunts for it,
While India has nuclear and space programmes.

looks like it's time to seize the means of production

It would not be for much longer anyway since the banking scandal led to a tax loop hold crack down.

Immigration crisis wouldve affected the uk if they hadn't left.

Britain would still be pouring money into the EU (why Europe spends so much a year) that money goes to welfare, medical care and infrastructure. Now the EU is mad and are going to tax the EU.

So leave was for the people
Stay was for the economy

So RIP Neets! Thank God!

Also time will tell. In 3 years time, if the UK is still a-ok. It will be a white-filled super power.

I will live their if all goes well.

>What are your thoughts? A big mistake on the British public?

it's net negative only for very short term. a great decision by brits and they will get stronger while eu and euro is completely fucked. i would not buy euro stocks at all anymore

He's not wrong, nobody wants 70IQ shitskins flooding in.

It is just going to be a lot of short-medium term pain but it will come with a potentially better long term benefit. There are just too many problems in the future of the EU, such as Greece is still a ticking time bomb as it will probably never be able to pay its debts and more money will have to be funnelled to it. Other economies in the EU are on a knife edge of debt overcoming them. Then there is also Turkey which is trying to blackmail itself in to the EU.

As for Scotland they pushed the last referendum saying they would be able to be fine financially because of oil, but since oil prices tanked they now don't have that (it actually lost the UK money recently bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-36388621 ).
I can't say much for Northern Ireland though as I am more ignorant of their position/situation.

Why did scotland vote remain? I guess the spurit of William Braveheart is dead

>It is just going to be a lot of short-medium term pain but it will come with a potentially better long term benefit.

source

because they're unironically not idiots.

I'd also think that there are less immigrants there and therefore their decision wasn't leaning towards one aspect of remaining.

Indian detected

They'll still flood in. Enoch Powell made the Rivers of Blood speech before the UK even joined the EU because they were flooding in.

The Euro is crumbling, Greece will fall, Spain and Italy will follow.
"Leave" was the correct option. In 2 years the pound will be at 1.50 again, perhaps higher.

ok buddy

Are people asking this question retarded?

Previously, EU balanced London's power. Now, they are totally London's bitch. The only other option is that they become completely independent, but I doubt they could do that without EU's support and England getting really pissed. EU kind of gets them independence with a good excuse.

Not to mention a lot of the EU's subsidies and aids sent to the UK were directed towards Scotland too.

>Going on holiday in 2 months
>Forgot to buy Euros
Got €225 I didn't cash back last year, am I fucked lads?

there were better solutions other than literally destroying your economy /pol/

So are you suggesting that the milking cow of England aka The City should be a state of it's own? Because the greater London area voted for Remain. So that would literally leave the English countryside as the remains of the UK, based on your words right?

>IT MUST BE!
>[spoiler]please let it be[/spoiler]

You fucked up m8.

Leave that shit to /pol/ neets and racists

The real question is when to buy GBP?

You are if you're british. I'm canadian and just bought € & £ for a vacay in July.
Feels good man

Welp.

buy? Probably not for a long time. You should short it

Ok Angela

"literally destroying your economy"
What are you talking about M8 the EU sells more shit to us than we do to them if they want a Tarriff/Trade war they'll get fucked worse than we will. If the world economy is so weak this pushes it over the edge it was already buggered. And since leaving is a 2 year minimum process we'll come to some mutually beneficial trade deals unless they want the whole Euro to crumble.

I don't know shit about the UK, scotland and so on, but...
what's stopping scotland from saying "OK, these retards voted leave, we will now leave the UK, go back to the EU and take their place as a financial power"?

At best Scotland could be a resource exporter, and that's only if they could successfully keep control of offshore oil. That's extremely unlikely, but even if they could control that oil they will still never be a financial power.

>Because the greater London area voted for Remain

Yeah I was going to point that out too.

However, don't forget that London is full of ghetto ass, labour voting retards. It is the power house yes, but the vast majority of people there are moochers.

This basically. The UK is a cheap price to pay if it means your Children will grow up in a peaceful, high IQ (ie White) society.

>muh IQ
>muh IQ is related to color skin

motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/nigel-farage-admits-his-bold-brexit-claim-was-mistake
top kek

uk is about 2% of the world market so good riddance.

I think it was satire bruh

It was a mistake. In general it's bad for Europe, and even worse for the UK. The short-term implications are obvious, and mid-term are not good either. Long-term it looks like nothing that big will change.

This is just a huge waste. A waste of billions of money and time and stability. There is very little the UK or Europe can gain from this. Meanwhile, the only ones benefiting from a weaker and fractured Europe are jews and muslims.

Scotland too? Fuck

>vote "leave" to stop the irrelevantly small muslim migrants
>France isn't politically obligated to keep rapefugees tied up at Calais
>UK ends up with even more rapefugees than they started with

It's like fucking pottery

Advantages Remain:
>Nothing really changes, little uncertainty.
>A lot of functioning systems allowing easy movement of people, goods and services were already in place.
>EEA (Common Market)

Disadvantages Remain:
>A slow but carefully planned transfer of legislative power and the eventual abolition of the nation state and british identity.
>Wealth transfer towards the poorer European countries.
>Inability to deviate from the course and mandates made by the EU. Think trade deals, laws, monetary policy, etc.
>By most metrics, the economic performance of countries in the EU is very poor.

Advantages Leave
>Self determination.
>Ability to create your own policies with less limitations.
>Possibility to make trade deal with India, which the EU has been blocking since 2007 for protectionist reasons.

Disadvantages Leave
>Short term financial turmoil caused by unmet expectations and uncertainty, new normal appears in few weeks?
>Expectations: GBP depreciates a bit but settles around 1,40, bond yields rise, ftse a bit lower.
>Possible repercussions from mutti Merkel.
>Costly process of negotiating the terms under which the UK can stay in the EEA as a nonmember of the EU. Terms might not be favorable. EFTA status also possible and might be better for the UK even.

Good outcome for both the UK and the European countries that will remain in the EU. Bad outcome for the EU.

I'm not even from the UK but I'm happy they got the chance to decide their own fate. Remember, nobody else in the EU gets this chance. Every referendum about the EU that does not produce the desired result is either ignored - and the proposal renamed and passed without referendum- or repeated with a stronger fear campaign. We had such a referendum(it was bullshit though) in the Netherlands in April where 63% voted no. The results have still not been discussed by my government, no reaction, nothing.

I really hope that my bureaucratic overlords finally realise that the EU needs to be reformed.

It's funny how this vote was mainly about immigration. And now, all the people who voted for brexit because they wanted less immigrants are going to find that the UK will now import more shitskins and muslims because they can't import white Europeans anymore.

You are working under the assumption that UK is being run by competent people.
It is not.

voice of reason - fuck poor ass niggers that leech the wealth from others. Rule motherfucking Britania!

>It is now looking likely that Northern Ireland and Scotland will be holding their own referendums to dispand from the UK.

No, they won't. Scotland had one last year, and voted in.
Northern ireland can't, because then they'd be back in bed with RoI and be filled with terrorists again.

UK, Germany, Ireland etc need to form a new EU without the trashy nigger Euro counts leaching off them

Not really relevant though. You can directly choose them and hold them accountable, if they fuck up or don't deliver on promises you can remove them in the next election, unlike the EU bureaucrats. Take the immigration "crisis" for example. Merkel made a public statement inviting migrants into Europe without consulting or informing the member states. National governments are not allowed to do anything and the EU refuses to do anything. After a period of inaction, some national governments(France and some eastern countries) decide to introduce border controls, pressuring the Schengen treaty. The EU then sets refugee quotas and threatens to fine every member state that refuses. The deal with Erdogan ends the crisis and the EU concludes that in order to deal with today's complex problems, more integration is needed.

Be glad that you aren't ruled by an unelected institution that you cannot hold accountable. That in every problem that it creates only finds one solution: more power to us.

Sadly, it is also scientific fact. Apart from the abundant empirical data that you can easily google yourself, check your premises.

You can observe that people of different ethnic backgrounds can have distinct physical attributes. You probably accept the existence and heredity of genes. You probably even accept that genetics cause people of different ethnic backgrounds to have distinct reactions to things like lactose and alcohol. You might even accept that people of different ethnic backgrounds have different risk profiles when it comes to certain diseases.

So why is it that acknowledging differences in cognition or hormonal balance is such a taboo? Posters like you are always so anxious to immediately dismiss that everyone might not be equal. Your dogma forces rational people to feign ignorance or to be branded a racist.

Accepting that, on average, ethnic groups differ does not diminish anyone's value. Each individual should still be judged on their merit.

>No, they won't. Scotland had one last year, and voted in.

they voted in on GB in the EU. Almost all of Scotland was predominantly Remain.
>Northern ireland can't, because then they'd be back in bed with RoI and be filled with terrorists again.
that hasn't been an Issue since god knows when. Northern Ireland was also mostly remain so them joining together with Ireland is not that unlikely

the only thing """""great""""" Britain is going to remain with is England and the cunts from Gordie Shore

it is not run by anyone at this point. The referendum has created a political vacuum ripe for competent leadership. Our economic future will be decided over the course of the next few years of leadership

Ye Gods, ever heard of Gaussian distribution?
IQ does not work the way you think it does, two smart parents don't produce a smart child in most situations. It does not depend on biology of an individual alone, but on the way kids learn to process the world which they get at home, from other kids, in school and so on. Intelligence is a lot more complicated and is still a science are being researched.

I have no idea why I am typing this out when you will just produce some out-of-your-ass reasoning regardless of what ACTUAL science says.

all these assblasted ((traders))

how could you not be pleased with this outcome?

>ye Gods

Yes.
>tips the fucking fedora
Still haven't said anything not true.

There was this chart where even blacks from a wealthier background still had lower IQ than poor whites. Of course it's tossed around /pol/, and I didn't save it