/rgt/ Robinpoor General

Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/
Soup Line edition

Join with us in the circle jerk (discord) To hear voice chat, access the channels in the top left corner -
discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TPWMIEr

For the latest in memetics and the hottest memeology, be sure to check our lunar calendar -
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]&pli=1

--FAQs for Robinhood--
Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
If you're not into robinhood - stockbrokers.com/offers
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.
> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).
> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.
> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.
> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.
> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.
> If I have Robinhood do I need to worry about 'Free riding' violations?
No, its not applicable for limited margin accounts (instant), and if you don't have instant, RH won't let you buy with unsettled funds
> Can I use Robinhood on my PC?
Yes, download an android emulator. Setup is extremely easy. memuplay.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO) Enters into Exclusive License Agreement with Roche Relating to Interleukin-6 (IL-6) Technology/11732917.html
streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO) to Eliminate 14 Positions, 70% of Workforce/11765323.html
investopedia.com/articles/financial-advisors/082515/why-leveraged-etfs-are-not-longterm-bet.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Soup line? I liquidated yesterday and profitted off 23% today with TVIX

Veeky Forums is just too fucking stupid

> DOUBTING Veeky Forums
> DOUBTING $UVXY/$TVIX

CERU my nigga

2nd for GEVO pulling me out this BREXIT hole.

What's some good shit to buy at a discount today?

AMD

AMD my nigga

Already got some.

>literally misinterpreting satire on an online romanian goat altcoin-auction site.

What should I buy today that will jump back up on Monday?

lol its up 1%

a total market index fund

Gold maybe

>thinking the market will correct itself by Monday
Ok.

EBIO

You already missed your window.

Fellow Veeky Forumsbros please answer this man, I want to buy and hold long, what are your good stocks to buy at a discount? Already got me some AMD

Care to explain why?

Monday will be worse then today. Most the loses today for US markets was just giving up gains this month, we still have yet to see the real damage.

It will be bought out soon

I'm going to transfer funds to cover my losses from this week and let this bitch tame itself. Is this what defeat feels like? I guess losses are a part of this.

source?

WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE HELP

WILL IT GO BACK UP ON MONDAY?

Source?

If you're serious about long holds:
$T
$GIS
$AEP
$ED
$D

Basically strong american companies that have little to no exposure to the shitshow across the pond.

should I sell my stocks and rebuy them on Monday assuming everything crashes

you gotta a source?

Everything tanked
Thank fuck I took everything out on Monday
Now I'm just gonna stand here and watch it burn

His ass. Or maybe pumpertron1995 on stocktwits

Opinion on Ford?

Sell everything thats not gold or AMD

amd won't crash further on monday?

You all are a bunch of pussies and should invest in kneepads.

If you can't see there is a fire sale going on for the next week you deserve the dick slap you're going to get in your sleep.

>Sold all my stock before close
>Bought it all back at open
everything is green for me user

Consolidated holdings are up across the board. Are you retiring in the next couple years? Of course not. Enjoy sitting on the sidelines while the rest of us make money.

Take it from someone who got throat fucked this week. Let shit finish falling. Buy in once the correction start. When that is, I don't know. If you wanna play it smart just watch don't buy for the next few weeks. Look for opportunities, but proceed with caution. Gold might be good next week.

What do my fellow Veeky Forumsnessmen think about the European ETF called $FEZ? It's a collection of the 50 biggest blue chip companies in continental Europe.

Ford has a ton of UK/EU exposure. More than you'd think as a domestic manufacturer. $T pays a better dividend and isn't as much of a powder keg.

buying on the first drop

it's friday you fucking retard

This is why you're poor.
Most stocks aren't going to fall below the brexit dip.

Don't listen to that guy. AMD could slip further. Remember the spike is due on the 29th. These are dangerous times in the market.

Implying I'm an idiot who will just sit back idly

I dont know it might, all I know is its launching on the 29th and Im holding until then.

It's totally possible that things fall more in the coming weeks and months as the drama shakes out but avoiding buying today is absurdly retarded. Dollar cost averaging is a thing that works.

Because math.

streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO) Enters into Exclusive License Agreement with Roche Relating to Interleukin-6 (IL-6) Technology/11732917.html

streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO) to Eliminate 14 Positions, 70% of Workforce/11765323.html

everything is lower than what it opened at except a few. it will drop even further on monday. you're expecting people to just change attitudes because of the weekend. this is a time of uncertainty and nobody has the answers yet

source, faggot? you can't noko us again.

MOON
O
O
N

TVIX NO

NOOOOOOOO

Hardly any real movement all day

This thing is a dud

Brexit was a letdown

Worst happening ever

GET OUT NOW. DO NOT HOLD A VX OVER THE WEEKEND.

See

So are we all killing ourselves in a suicide pact on black monday?

It'll be fine, stop getting emotional. It's about to crossover and continue back upward.

I liquidated everything. If we wait until everything stops plummeting, we can buy back in and make a killing. No one knows when that will be though. These are volatile times user. Lots of money to be made, but also to be lost.

Had instant for a whooping week and im fucking done with robinhood, moving on to merrill edge

wish me luck

I'm considering that bit I hate the idea of selling my stock at a loss when it was gains for days yesterday.

this

Robinhood is the shittiest service ever.

I need to stop getting scared. Lost my potential five dollars.

AWRIGHT BACK TO WORK

When do we sell TVIX, right before close?

The 15-day SMA at 4.74 for AMD is a solid support line. It won't drop below it, r-right?

what the hell... financial downturns are all i've ever known anyway.

You did it, UKIP!

I'm keeping my precious 20 shares because I'm in full meme mode but if you have a lot more than that you should

You did it, UKIP
I had my doubts, but GEVO's going to the moon and I still got my ticket pham

brexit won
bought TVIX at 2.80 sold at 3.20
checked out a new gym. cutie manager kept flashing me her yellow panties while sitting across from me explaining the gym benefits.
got digits.
going to fuck around and gloat on brexit success with tinder in london now.

overall. good friday.

C'mon TVIX ...how bout another run?

You did it, UKIP! Please send my TDG shares skyrocketing! Thank you and God Save The Queen!

It'll probably continue to run AH. Everyone is going to end up selling, especially retailers. I might hold this over the weekend because I'm batshit insane.

How long does it take for money to transfer to Robinhood? I set it so i could get $200 from my USAA account but it hasnt gone through.

I want those stocks..gotta have those stocks...

Are you expecting there to be a decent amount of after hours trading?

I'm with this guy Again, I only have a few shares so if I lose it whatever. If you have like 150 shares or something like that DO NOT risk it

Should I drop another $100 and try to buy the dip on my stocks I trust or just wait this shit out and see what happens on black monday?

I'm only going to post this once because I feel like doing the right thing.

THOSE OF YOU THINKING OF HOLDING TVIX OVER THE WEEKEND PLEASE BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LEVERAGE RESET AND KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

investopedia.com/articles/financial-advisors/082515/why-leveraged-etfs-are-not-longterm-bet.asp

I wanted to buy some netflix today, but it didn't drop like I thought it would.

>tfw I have 500 shares

You did it, UKIP!

Some people are forced to because of robinshits day trade policy

yeah but it was down a fuck ton at open

HELL NO

Well I guess that's one way to learn the lesson

You did it ukip!

Holding over a weekend is hardly long term. It is bad if you are holding it months at a time.

I don't even have Robinhood, I'm just insane and think that the markets are going to continue to get butt fucked after companies, banks, and governments, try to figure out what the fuck they're doing.

Should we keep buying the TVIX?

so what's going to happen over the weekend as far as AH/PM? big fall again? trying to figure out if I should sell what i have now and buy it back on monday morning

*Don't even use Robinhood for short term trades. I use my AmeriTrade account in the event that I need to sell PM or AH.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Jesus Christ quit bitching about Robinhood. It's shit and fucks you up occasionally but what the fuck did you expect. Competency for free? Fuck off back to the commie dreamland you came from.

TVIX back on the run.

TVIX is going to have another run before close...

Chart looks good

Just broke HOD resistance
>could run up now

The dt isn't the big factor here. Don't get hung up on the phrase "long term". In this context it refers to as anything longer than 1 day. It doesn't matter if it's 2 days or 200 days; what matters is the amount of volatility in that time period. If it swings back up even a bit on monday you better pray for amplified moves in the other direction just to offset your initial loss. It's fucking maddening unless you're thoroughly confident in what's going to happen and spoilers: Nobody knows what's going to happen. Volatility will crush you with these instruments. Do whatever you want though. I don't care.

Again I must emphasize that any volatility that arises during that "buttfucking" will totally destroy your gains once the fund is reset at the start of each day. I implore you to do more research.

Affirmative.

>t. uppity faggot

>D
dominion is a great fucking company

>O
also hella good

epic bantz m8. Hope it works out for you. If not, better queue up your collection of REEEEE frogposts

HERE WE GO!