French stocks down 8.04%

>French stocks down 8.04%
>German stocks down 6.82%
>Euro Stoxx 50 down 8.62%
>Spanish stocks down 12.35%
>British stocks only down 3.15%

Where does this meme of the collapsing British economy come from, it looks like mainland Europe is in far more trouble?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldsrichestcountries.com/top-UK-imports.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Eternal Anglo will reign supreme.

>Where does this meme of the collapsing British economy come from

Scared EUnuchs

didn't they take constant hits through the last month or so? Argument is that it's pretty much a race to the bottom now and this is a dead cat bounce.

So will this fuck the USA or are we good? Sorry to the Veeky Forums regulars by the way, I'll bet you guys have been getting retarded questions nonstop since Brexit happened.

not really unless your retirement portfolio is handled by retards. or you yourself are a retard who panic sold everything and aren't taking advantage of this.

We're good bro. God Bless America.

America is extremely fucked, but it has nothing to do with Brexit.

However, politicians will blame British Brexit voters for causing the upcoming global crash.

Screenshot this.

my 50 year old coworker said he lost 10k on friday.

Dayam

>at the same time GBP/EUR came down 5,75%
>3,15+5,75 = 8,9%
>all Brits lost 5,75% of their currency vs. stock owners in Europe losing on average ~8%, other people got away safe and sound

So I guess UK only won against Spain...

>Spanish stocks
Lol I'm imagining about 30 microcap chocolate and spice companies and their tanking and just getting killed. Everything's in the red while a greasy long-haired Spaniard tries to push pinksheet-tier stocks on Spanish fisherman who have 200 euros in their retirement accounts. Fuck, Europe is pathetic without the bongs

It'll comeback. Eventually.
Even though I'm an emigrant in the UK, I think that if they manage to clean the country from unproductive migrants they'll be better off.

Plus, like OP said, I think the market showed incredible strength yesterday. I was only shaken out of one position.

Or most people realize that haven't a weaker currency is a good thing and bought back into UK stocks. All this interest cutting has mostly been to devalue their currency and UK has just done what other countries have been repeatedly trying to do.

Yes, and stocks bounce back as well, Britain is no different than the rest of the world. The long-term effects will be seen in the years to come.
Weak currency is good for countries that export a lot, bad for countries that import a lot. UK exports 472 billion dollars, imports 663 billion dollars, so the weaker currency won't be a perfect solution for them. Add to that the incoming trade tariffs with the EU, and you are in a pickle.

Weak currency is only bad if they are importing necessities. Looking at their imports, I can only see the Vehicles being a huge issue as they don't have a domestic low end brand. Everything else they can produce themselves and the weak currency will help increase domestic demand.

top kek

Vehicles are a big part for sure, and if Scotland leaves then they are starved for oil as well. While I think they can start producing something for themselves, it is impossible to produce everything you need to import.

>importing necessities
What about food? A sizable amount of our fruit and veg comes from Europe you know

The currency was at this level back in April with the euro, and again in 2nd half 2014. Before that it was below this level for years. The FTSE100 is higher now than it was on Monday.
There is quite literally nor eason to panic.

Food doesn't even make the top 10
worldsrichestcountries.com/top-UK-imports.html

If Scotland leaves, oil might be more tough, but I also think the oil oversupply will only get worse. The US is going to start to sell their reserves to pay for infrastructure adding the the oil glut. I think they are self sufficient as a country enough that lower currency will help their enormous trade deficit.

This.

Brexit is a macguffin

Food.

This. Britain hasn't even left yet. The Euro markets just panicked than they ever have before when the vote swayed to Leave.

Stocks have predicted 9 of the last 5 recessions

>predicted 9 out of possible 5
wut

you're aware that if Scotland leaves, which is looking dimmer and dimmer by the hour, they will not hold on to thier oil reserves, RI? And even if they did the market would get into another price cutting war and they probably wouldn't even be able to find the capital for drilling infrastructure.

It would have been less volatile if the BoE had not backed remain

How would one take advantage?

Buy the dip

Contrarian investing

>be EU
>open flood gates for sand nigger invasion
>anti free speech
>pro sharia law
>economy is doing so so thanks to UK lel
>UK says peace niggers
>EU ;_; b-but muh Greece and Italy
lol liberal Europe
Make UK great again

Are you honestly this fucking retarded? When the pound plummets down to nothing and your stocks STILL go down, it means you are literally BTFO.

You people can't be this delusional. I refuse to believe it.

my portfolio went up 5% yesterday

Because investors are worried that fucktards in other countries will follow in Britain's footsteps, Britain really fucked up, thankfully I banked on the fact that you would and I made huge amounts of money. The value of the pound plummeted and your stocks did too, you lost access to EU free trade and freedom of travel, your economy is weaker than it has been in a very very long time, and it will only get worse as multinationals migrate to EU countries as your major banks already have, you let mindless populism destroy the 40 years of hardwork it took to drag your ungrateful country out of recession, nice work guys.

America remains on top simply because everywhere else sucks. Africa and South America are super corrupt shitholes that will never amount to anything. Europe is slowly trying to become the United States of Europe but seem to forget the individual members have been their own countries for thousands of years. India keeps trying to grow but has serious infrastructure issues, and the Chinese just keep fucking lying about everything to the point where it cripples them again. Unless all those other areas can somehow get their act together, USA #1 all day baby.

this. itll go back up as always

Remember how Rothschild made their fortune. They lied that the French won Waterloo.

Might be a fakeout guys

I have been learning about India man and I really think that place is the next up and coming place. The mideast will be a shithole until islam collapses which wont be too long IMO, and China is the next world tyranny, but INDIA has a rich and happy culture and when that infrastructure is built up it will be glorious.

I am way more optimistic on Europe than ever before. Wow I have gone from thinking europe was dead to that is the new hope in a week. This glorious western civilization wont die without a fight. Remarkable that in this era of soft power (offset by super-hardpower in nukes) ones it goes hardpower people just vote them out! Ha maybe democracy works afterall!

POO IN LOO

lol nope

>India has a rich and happy culture

Water shortages, sewage in the rivers where people bathe, infrastructure is shot. Explain to me how they're happy and rich?

'fuck off M8, you 'avin a giggle?, me phone's ringing off the hook 'ere, I'm trying to plan my leaving party, and cunts already on the blower wanting trade deals. We'll be fucking sweet, mate, don't you worry..'

- Prime Minister David Cameron, Yesterday

Food looks minor compared to the other industries there, but the reality is that at least half of the food stocked in the supermarkets is from Europe.

You don't get it, pound goes down, footsie went deeply down in the morning. British shares was never that cheap.

It was a sale off and stop loss fishing at is finest.

This tbqh famiglia

WE'RE CRASHING THE EU-WITH NO SURVIVORS

Probably this

The thing is that the British currency is ALSO collapsing.
Usually when a currency loses value it means the stocks rise in value and vise versa. This was the main problem with Japan's Nikkei for example. Although the economy went strong, the currency was mostly gaining from it and thus the Index kept falling despite the strong economy.
The Euro didn't change value so it mostly hit the stock markets.
For Britain both the Stocks AND the currency lost value and holy shit you don't even know how bad that is.
Stocks can bounce back after panic sells, but currencies change value much much more slowly.

Why do you think we're getting the fuck out? It's a undemocratic dysfunctional union.

India has been the up and coming economic super power for decades now.

It's not happening. It's full of indians who are more interested in enforcing their caste system and re-living medieval europe.

This.

And I'm sorry for you Brits because this is just the start. You haven't even begun the process of leaving the EU, but drawing this (Article 50) out will be unpleasant for you, too, I probably don't need to explain why.

the pound is doing awful and the more difficult trade will hurt some things, that's where it's coming from

The pound dropped so sharply for multiple reasons, some of which aren't very legitimate. As I'm sure you already know the people are very uncertain right now but the media seems to be hell bent on perpetuating this apocalyptic narrative. When combining that narrative with high uncertainty people are going to be cautious and convert their assets.

The problem is that it's still too early for most of these fears to materialize so the current exchange rate is entirely based on fear and loose speculation.

In reality it's very likely that the UK will continue to negotiate very generous trade deals with large EU members. Germany runs one of it's highest bilateral trade surpluses with the UK and won't jeopardize that. People like to cite figures that quantify how much the EU relies on the UK and vice versa but the EU isn't one country. Germany, on top of several other nations, will continue to trade with the UK, because they can't afford to pursue misguided vengeance.

The topic that the media isn't covering as much is the dire condition of the EU itself. Their relationship with the UK and many other member nations has been strained for a long time. If the EU tries to punish the UK instead of fixing these issues it's going to fall apart.

As a side note, I don't think it'd be a terrible idea to short the euro.

I'm a serbfag btw so I apologize if my english isn't very good

You make perfect sense

Shorting the Euro (if you have the funds to do it) is not at all ridiculous. I started last Friday. I don't think DB can shoulder the burden of the split. Maybe I'm wrong but time will tell

Are you watching the futures prices. Holy shit desu

Shorting the euro against the pound or dollar?

I'm economically illiterate, sorry, first time to the board. Is it possible to buy stock from a country? If I have spare cash right now, could I invest it in a country that I'll think will recover fast and sell it later? What would be the steps to do this?

Trade their currency, bet on their index, or buy shares from blue chips in that country