I need to buy a reliable commuter. I want to buy a used ~2011 car and I want to finance part of it

I need to buy a reliable commuter. I want to buy a used ~2011 car and I want to finance part of it.
Who would be able to give me the lowest financing?

Other urls found in this thread:

love.allwomenstalk.com/signs-you-are-reading-too-much-into-things
longtermqualityindex.com/
carcomplaints.com/best_vehicles/
truedelta.com/car-reliability-by-brand
consumerreports.org/cars/how-car-brands-compare-for-reliability/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can always buy an older and cheaper japbox, get it checked out by a mechanic, and use cash. I've been commuting on an 1999 Mitsubishi Montero, I bought for $1,500, and it has been running great for five years. If you just look at the maintenance book that comes with the car and replace the things that needs to be replaced after every X miles, then you'll be able to get around 300,000 miles out of it before having to replace the engine, transmission, etc.

Not to mention, the engine for my model of Montero is cheap as fuck and the mechanic that I use I've known for a while and gives good rates.

Honda Accords and Camrys will last a lifetime.

You seem to have missed the question.
The question is "Who would be able to give me the lowest financing?"
love.allwomenstalk.com/signs-you-are-reading-too-much-into-things
Here, you might want to read that.

You want something cheap and reliable, get a Honda Civic. I would wait until after summer, thats when a bunch will put up 0% financing, but thats if its a new car. There might be some now you gotta look around.

Check with your bank, or a local credit union. In general consumer banks and credit unions can get you lower rates on auto loans than whatever auto lender the dealership tries to set you up with.

Do you plan on buying from a dealership or just shopping around craigslist/online? If you go in with your ducks in a row, buying from a dealership isn't always bad, really depends on the management style.

If you go in with your preapproval and cash in hand though, that is a surefire way to keep them from jewing you over in F&I. Don't finance with whatever shitty banks they try to set you up with if you can avoid it, unless of course they can get you a better rate.

I work for an auto lender, so I like to think I'm somewhat knowledgeable on this subject.

Buy a used Toyota Corolla for $3,000. Be ready to be patient; wait it out, don't buy the first one. Check out everything on it, see if the owner has kept up with maintenance.

If you net a good one you're looking at a 300k+ car.

>OP asks about how to get cheapest financing for car
>you fuckers proceed to just tell him what kind of car to get

Holy shit I don't understand, can you people not read?

Dont finance or do local union finance if you have to is the answer.

No problem with making this a biz car thread on my side.

Go to all of the banks and credit unions and see what rates for financing they can preapprove you for. Then go to the place where you want to buy the car. If they don't offer their own financing, you choose the best offer so far. If they do offer their own financing, they might try to beat your best offer, but car financing is full of scumbags who lie to you to get the sale. Be careful of that. Make sure you run all of the numbers that you get and that all of the information that you get is consistent.

No, are you the fucking moron?

You may be right.. this is how I read your question, "Hi, I'm a meat head who likes to get fucked in the ass. I need a reliable money pit that I can put a good bit of miles on day in and out; however, I don't want to purchase the car outright with money. I want to be ball and chained to this money pit with a financing plan. Hey, I'm not a dumb fuck though! I want the lightest ball to go on my chain as possible, so can you help me out Veeky Forums?"

>financingcucks

>borrow $15k to finance car at 0%
>invest your own 15k that would have been used to buy car and pay your $250/mo or whatever

You must have poor credit.

>Purchasing a car worth anything over $5000

>being poor and posting on Veeky Forums

It's okay to buy a $50,000 car if you're worth several millions. We won't tell your mother.

Because you like wasting money?

Spending more than 5k on a car is literally the same as being okay with another man sleeping with your wife, so much so, that you actively encourage it.

Am I a cuck too for liking a nice ribeye every now and then instead of eating three month expired ground beef?

Am I a cuck for buying my own toilet paper instead of stealing rolls from any place with a public restroom?

Am I a cuck for not reusing my bathwater?

Am I a cuck for flushing the toilet and wasting water after a light shit when there is clearly room for another shit in there?

If you absolutely must finance, go to a local CU. With few exceptions, they have the best rates across the board.

And here, folks, is a top-tier poorfag.

Yes

Stay poor fagget

>2016
>Not understanding sarcasm

If there's any car brand which is reliable, that's Toyota, the gold standard.

shill

longtermqualityindex.com/

carcomplaints.com/best_vehicles/

truedelta.com/car-reliability-by-brand

consumerreports.org/cars/how-car-brands-compare-for-reliability/

Toyota is so far ahead the next best competitor (Honda), in nearly every car reliability database, of the last 10 years, it makes no sense why people would choose to purchase other brands. My father is a mechanic who exclusively used to work on the 90's Volvos. Every single vehicle he's purchased since 2005 has been a Toyota.

>it makes no sense why people would choose to purchase other brands

Some people don't value reliability as high as other things like power, handling, exterior/interior design, and the fun factor. I wouldn't buy a honda either, even at #2 in reliability unless it was an s2k seeing as I thoroughly dislike front wheel drive.