I'm 19 now. How do I become a millionaire by the time I'm 30?

I'm 19 now. How do I become a millionaire by the time I'm 30?
I'll graduate with a bachelor's in Mechanical engineering in 2 more years.
USA by the way, specifically NY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qgVg4hv10YM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make $100k/year average net for 10 years and save all of it somehow without spending any money is the fastest and easiest way.

Alternatively you could just earn $250k/yr net for 4 years, or $500k/yr net for 2 years or $1million/yr in one year.

Or you could earn $10million in one month and then spend $9million of it, or you could keep it or you could earn $100million

But you will need very high quality kneepads

>But you will need very high quality kneepads

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=qgVg4hv10YM

Just invest more money and youll reach 1 million in 11 years instead of 22.

Invest in memecoins

have a high level of skill in what you do..
request adequate compensation for said skill.
offer goods and services on the side.
read about finance.
study the stock market.
become a CPA.
learn all about money and how it works.
invest in bonds.
hustle your fucking ass off son.

Real estate.

You can have your net worth of one mill, but you will owe 10 million+

> how do i become a millionaire in 12 years
buy bitcoin, serious.

OP here, 27 btw

Buy Monero.

I'm serious.

how do I even buy/sell bitcoin?

what's the best way to buy and sell bitcoin? is it legal if you're under 18?

>hustle your fucking ass off son.

/thread

Innovation, patent, sell patent.

Or, create tech, start company, have company be successful. There really is no shortcut dude.

Why would anybody want monero?

Well done sir.

I've got a question about that. So say I create some program that provides some service/makes money. What then? Do you start trying to get employs and expand or do you contact someone in hopes of getting them to buy it?

Save at least 50% of your income and invest in index funds from Vanguard.

Become good enough and start doing consulting jobs on the side.

Do enough consulting that you start your own engineering firm.

Make sure not to spend your money on stupid things just because people around you are.

What index fund should I invest in with Vanguard? `8/M also engineering, want to save a lot to have a livable passive income by 30.

Don't make it complicated, just a simple S&P 500 should be fine.

I usually recommend students who just started investing to use robo-investment tools like WiseBanyan, Acorns, wealthfront, and betterment so they can make mistakes and learn about index funds/ETFs.

I think Acorns is free for all students and so is wisebanyan.

Thanks anondad. About the S&P 500: Do you think I should wait for a crash or just start investing now? I know that the past won't predict the future, but looking at the overall graph of S&P 500 makes it look like it's due for a crash. Is this unfounded nervousness?

"Be fearful when other's are greedy, be greedy when other's are fearful"

It's always a good idea to start investing at a young age.

I say, why not invest at least 10 dollars every month? Just make sure you're not paying any commission. That way you start to learn about the stock market and not worry about loosing the 10 dollars you would have wasted on a cheeseburger.

But then your net worth is not 1 million

- Aim for the highest paying companies possible regardless of the job/industry. ExxonMobil comes to mind, but it's stupidly competitive to get the job and keep it.
- Job hop often to get the 15%+ "raises". Aim for the higher job positions, too.
- Invest in Vanguard ETFs as says, and invest yesterday.
- Live like a miserly Jew while investing every spare shekel.
- Don't marry or have children.
- In fact, use your free time to start a second source of income.

Alternatively, you could steadily invest in an IRA for a few decades for less risk and more free time. You won't be a millionaire by 30, but you could comfortably retire at a later date.

Another option would be to go HAM and trade securities. But have fun losing money if you don't do your due diligence.