Friday wasn't even bad they said

Friday wasn't even bad they said.
>It hasn't even begun

Prepare for the Deutsch Bank collapse and a repeat of the 2008 markets.

how to profit?

Good job posting a pointless graph from Zerohedge.

>comparable chart
>pointless

>It hasn't even begun
Actually, it's over. Markets don't like uncertainty, and the day of maximum uncertainty was Friday.

From now going forward, things will only get more clear, more settled, and more resolved. Treaties will be signed, trade agreements will be negotiated. Cross-national companies will figure out the new rules and policies.

Truth be told, it wasn't even a good buying opportunity. Markets are still solidly in the black for 2016. The time to buy was in January or February, proving once again that you can't time the market.

>markets will get more certain
>Cameron resigned
>2 years of deliberation minimum

And you say it's going to be more certain starting Monday... sureeeeeeee

Monday will be more certain than Friday, that's for damn sure. Then Thursday will be more certain than Monday. And so on.

Don't. be. stupid.

Economic uncertainty isn't settled in a single fucking day, expect more turmoil until there is on paper an actual tangible post-eu deal.

>Economic uncertainty isn't settled in a single fucking day
I never said it would be, retard. I said the day of maximum uncertainty was Friday. Now, things start to get resolved.

Fuck, you people are dumb.

do you think that was true in 2008?

but user, people are animals and are ruled by their emotions and their impression of the world, rather than what the world actually is.

It's essentially cultural tradition for their to be panic after such a change in the status quo

people will bet on chaos and thus perpetuate chaos in the market

>do you think that was true in 2008?
No, because the 2008 bear market was principally caused by toxic assets (securitized mortgage certificates and derivatives). When the market for these assets started collapsing, banks and institutional investors still had to deal with their balance sheet problem. Also, because the investing public was unaware of these toxic assets or their scope, the breadth of the problem only became known over time as more and more companies disclosed their write-offs.

So 2008 was a completely different kind of event.

For certain there was a "bottom point" during the 2008 crisis after which things started getting better ... but it would be hard to pin down that date. Contrast that with Brexit, where we start will the maximum amount of uncertainty on day one, and then start to resolve things.

That's exactly what I said. People panic on uncertainty. That uncertainty is only going to diminish as Britain, Scotland, Ireland, and the EU now start to sort out the consequences of the "big bang" event.

user says maximum uncertainty.
In 2008 we reached certainty that shit was overbought and markets tumbled to equalize.

They are not opposites but two sides of the same coin.

I think you're making the assumption that BREXIT was the "event"... and it very well might be...or...
>the market it still inflated thanks to zero-negative interest rates
>other EU members ponder their exit strategy
>yada
>yada
>yada
if DB can't handle the stress, we very well might see a catalyst that will correct the market like none other

This uncertainty in the market should pivot to a more certain path of certainty. I think once that certainty is certain the markets will pivot.

Or something.

This. Go long on your short-option commodity-fund indices. Watch out for capitol gains

>the market it still inflated thanks to zero-negative interest rates
[citation missing] You're not smarter than the market. In fact, you quite a bit dimmer.
>other EU members ponder their exit strategy
Prove to me that this isn't already priced in, or wasn't priced in on Friday. (Protip: You can't.)
>yada
>yada
>yada
Not having additional arguments makes your case weaker. Adding "yada" makes your case weaker AND makes you look like a moron. Next time, choose the lesser of two evils.
>correct the market like none other
>/unrestrained hyperbole general/
... and into the trash you go.

Comparing consumer bank with a investment bank. You don't fool anyone here.

short the DAX

>it's over

Lol at typical Brexiter education level. It hasn't even begun. The upcoming months will show how it will go. Will Britain invoke article 50? EU will definitely force UK to make a clear exit plan and timeline. Absolutely no one will let the UK stay in an indefinite state of limbo for years while they ponder how to leave the EU.

Fuck you're stupid. As I said three times already, there's lots of questions right now. ALL of those questions arose on Friday, the date of maximum uncertainty -- and therefore greatest market volatility.

As time passes, these questions will get answered. The uncertainty will decrease. investor confidence will grow. Markets will go up.

Its. fucking. over.

Yes, things will stabilize. The financial industry will announce their plans once things become more clear. About how many thousands of jobs will be lost in London and whether they will relocate to Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, or somewhere else.

Childlike insults won't make you any more right.

>About how many thousands of jobs will be lost in London and whether they will relocate to Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, or somewhere else.
This is what was priced into the market on Friday.

>Childlike insults won't make you any more right.
I insult you because you're making stupid comments. If you perceive them as childlike then perhaps you should raise the level of your discourse.

>priced into the market

That's not how it works. Seriously, it will take the upcoming months to see how things go.

And I am without a doubt far more educated about this subject than you and far more knowledgeable, so it's pretty stupid for someone like you whose knowledge comes from Brexit campaign pamphlets to try calling me names.

>That's not how it works.
That's EXACTLY how it works. The market doesn't just reflect the world as it is -- it reflects the world as people expect it to be in the future. That's the FUCKING DEFINITION of pricing events into the market.

gtfo Veeky Forums kid. Come back when you finish high school.

Out of curiosity what's your education background? Are you British? Did you complete high school? How familiar are you with the stock market?

I'm American, have an Ivy League undergraduate degree, a post-graduate doctorate degree, and more experience in the stock market than 99% of Veeky Forums.

You are either lying, or American ivy league schools have terrible standards. There is no way that an educated person can seriously make such uninformed claims.

>I'm too stupid to understand how markets work, so I'll just call you a liar and hurl ad hominems without making any substantive arguments.

Stay poor, faggot.

Lehman didn't bust because their stock dropped retard. They lacked liquidity and their reserve ratio was much lower than DB.
This is like blog-post level knowledge

>Someone saw through my fantasies because I obviously have no clue of what I'm talking about
>I know! I'll call him an idiot and claim I have a fancy degree!

Enjoy your panic trading, fear-mongering, and lifelong poverty. If you're too stupid to see the difference between Brexit and the 2008 housing crisis, you deserve the stay poor.

I want to feel sorry for you, but Darwin reminds me that your kind just isn't destined for success.

DB lack liquidity. Their credit rating has been reduced twice over the last year. Their leverage ratio (having bought bad debt to prop up the euro and the EU) stands at 700%, well into the trillions. They couldn't even save the bank with sos bonds if it all went tits up.

Great, now go look up the numbers for lehman dummy

You've been shitposting on this thread for the last 7 hours, doing nothing but insulting everyone and claiming how superior you are, while spewing talking points that were dumbed down to get gullible Brexiter votes. Yes, that's exactly how an ivy league graduate behaves.

My guess is that you are an armchair economist who is actually a NEET living in the basement. Whose days consists of fapping to animu, and you're obviously a virgin too since you are fat and smelly and unattractive and never go out, and can't afford a prostitute with your neetbux.

>didnt buy in January
>ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CAN TIME THE MATKET
lol or you just suck. A lot of us bought in January and on Friday

I've insulted the two people who are too stupid to understand the points that I made. Everyone else gets it, and made fun of you, him, and OP.

Funny thing is, you still haven't made a cogent argument let alone supported it with facts or evidence. All you've done is express a poorly educated opinion. So in addition to being wrong on the issue, you can't even muster the brainpower to participate in an adult conversation.

kys.

All hail the successful market timer. Excuse me while I remain dubious (and you remain poor).

> I know what the market is going to do
> You can't time the market

If you were honestly going to argue that market timing is impossible, you wouldn't be claiming to know anything about where the market is going to go.

>you wouldn't be claiming to know anything about where the market is going to go.
I never claimed any such knowledge. Only a retard would claim to be able to predict short-term swings or day-to-day market swings. The random walk is random, after all.

What I said is that we're already passed the point of maximum uncertainty for Brexit. It's not an unfolding crisis or a slow downward spiral. It happened, and the market reacted. From here, the uncertainty only decreases.

If you think you can use that fact to time the market, you're a fucking idiot.

You've done nothing but to claim your superiority since the start. And not shown one ounce of knowledge about the facts. When people rightfully call you out for being an idiot you panic and make up something about having an ivy league degree.

Proof that everything is over and no more Brexit effects will be felt after a single day?

>Proof that everything is over and no more Brexit effects will be felt after a single day
Huh? Are you literally brain damaged? I never said any such thing.

What I said, repeatedly, is that the point of maximum uncertainty and volatility is over and done.

I should get hazardous duty pay for dealing with you morons. I'm honestly worried that your stupidity is going to run off. Fortunately I'm so much smarter than you that it won't matter, but still ... diaf and gfto Veeky Forums children.

mutualfundfag

Is now the time to buy a fuckton of s&p?

Everyone is laughing at you because you're acting like an idiot and backpedaling every time someone challenges your claims.

Definitely. FTSE250 as well, because they were worst hit (loads of British companies in there).

That was just the expected shock dip. The longer term remains uncertain for now. Until it's clear how Brexit will happen and with timetable there definitely won't be growth. And the medium term outlook is pretty bad, with lots of the financial industry preparing to leave or cut London.

Kill yourself

I basically agree with your premise. I know everyone else is telling you to prove it, which is ridiculous (you can't prove a prediction.) I would go so far as to say the low point of this whole thing was market open Friday. I bought at the open and was up 10% by close. I had the exact same thoughts. There will be more stability moving forward for a few reasons:
>a) volatility from an afterhours event is always greatest the day after. The panic sell is always biggest at market open the same way most gains are already priced in premarket to positive overnight events
>b) don't believe the hype: Brexit doesn't actually matter much. New trade agreements will be reached and so will a new status quo
>c) there will be a small but growing sentiment that this whole thing won't actually happen. Whether or not that idea holds any water, it will exist
>d) remember all the doom and gloom predictions being made by the drive-bys regarding Brexit? ALL of that is priced in
>e) the Brexit vote WAS the event. Refer to point b)
I disagree with your "can't time the market" claim, but whatever (to each his own.) You are essentially claiming to do just that in all your other statements.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a fucking moron who doesn't know what he's talking about. High school kids on summer vacation who learned everything from /pol/ behave like that.

>>the market it still inflated thanks to zero-negative interest rates
>[citation missing] You're not smarter than the market. In fact, you quite a bit dimmer.
A simple google search will give you all the citations you need

>Maximum uncertainty
>Non-binding referendum
>Parliament hasn't actually acted
>Cameron hasn't completed stepdown
>Council of Ministers hasn't had first meeting to discuss
>HRH hasn't made a statement

No, we haven't hit peak uncertainty. Hell, there's uncertainty as to whether or not Britain will exit the EU on the strength of this referendum, or if Parliament or the Queen is going to step in and shut it all down. To say Friday was "peak uncertainty" tells me you don't know the actual meaning of the word uncertainty. Peak panic, maybe, but uncertainty, no.

All the points you greentexted are uncertainties as of now, but will each be resolved moving forward, creating less uncertainty.

Also, the Queen can't legally talk politics

German DAX is still in bearish trend. They lost on friday 7%, but it is still not enough.

Longterm view: Short the dax. It will hit around 8350 - 8500. There are still to many gaps and they need to be closed for a new all time high.

BTW a world crash happens out of the blue without really indications and because of the market run to hot (bubble). Brexit is not such an event.

If the dax can closes all the gaps in the 8000 range this year than we will see a new all time high in 2017. Be prepared to by options or ETF and enjoy the ride.

>many gaps and they need to be closed for a new all time high

You realize that market makers are constantly driving the price up or down right? It's not some set of data within a closed system behaving characteristically and/or predictably.

Also, buying options or ETFs? Are those on the same level of risk/reward for you? Do you think those are good options before a market swing or are you just spouting bullshit buzzwords you read on investopedia?

why didn't you buy in august? it was a lot better than February when oil was crashing and people were literally shitting their pants

shitpost newfag

Options and etf aren't buzzwords, those are actually products. You can get dax long x2 etfs, they track the German indices without any loss risk.

It is only loss if you sell your papers in red numbers.

There are certain pattern that most of the trader accept respect such as trend line, support and residence lines.

>The time to buy was in January or February

I don't get why everyone is oblivious to this. A 3% decline as was Friday, is nothing. A continual decline of 20%, that has bottomed out is.

People like to delude themselves that they're better investors than they are. They like to think that they "beat the game" by "buying dips" and "holding dry powder." They like to ignore the studies that prove this behavior only lowers their performance.

Also, because they truly don't understand how markets work and how they're affected by events. Not every event that moves the markets is the same -- hence the idiot OP and others in this thread.

Lastly, on Veeky Forums at least, there are a LOT of NEET poorfags who pray to their frog god for a market crash because they know others are so much better well off than them. When you lack the intelligence to pull yourself up, the only thing you can do is try to pull others down.

Your jimmies are being rustled

Please calm your jimmies

Here have a picture

I'm just a poorfag trying to maximise results on my meager investments though.... :( I dont want to pull anyone else down....

Crash? But everything still has triple a ratings. How is that possible?

Remain was priced in on Thursday's close
>Leave happens
>market adjusts
You claim that was the maximum uncertainty, yet all news during the weekend suggests otherwise.

No new questions were raised this weekend that weren't already present at the time Bexit carried the vote and the markets adjusted to that reality.

Indeed, we've already had some questions answered (Will Cameron step down? Yes. Will there be a shakeup in the Labour party? Yes.)

Of course, many, many questions still remain to be answered. And they will be, in time. Uncertainty will remain, but will decrease as each additional question gets addressed, negotiated, settled, and answered. Not every answer will be positive for the markets in isolation, but they will be answered nonetheless.

On Friday, all we had was questions. Markets don't like that. Now we start to get answers. Markets like that.

Pretty damn simple.

This is why economically illiterate people should not vote. Its going to get worse as banks start moving their EU headquarters from London to Dublin or Frankfurt. Also until an post-EU treaty is signed the market will react negatively. Expect Britain to lose its AAA rating in the upcoming weeks and embrace banana republic ratings.

Rekt 2016. This is why the uneducated should kept in check with a strong government that prevents the masses from doing something stupid for the greater good. The USA placed the electoral college for this reason on their presidential elections.

What are the markets in the east showing in their tickers at the moment? And the early hours trading saying about tomorrow trading day?

Welcome to the thread, you clueless NEET. Decided to put down your controller and hotpocket and saw the news, huh?

And, no, you can't make any money off the news. A. You have no capital. B. The happening already happened. C. You're too stupid regardless.

I disagree. Events will happen; that will create new uncertainty. The level of uncertainty is so high atm, that no1 even knows wtf is going on. Its a new precedent. More uncertainty will follow the taking of decisions, which will impact decisions etc etc. Interesting times ahead for sure.

>hurrr durrrrrr let me call people stupid for calling on my shit
Do I need to call a wambulance for you?

No one has mentioned yet but Thursday would have been a perfect time time to sell.

Any advice for determining when to sell?

US equity futures down 60-80 bps on average. So hopefully not as bad as Friday.

This thread would have me worried if Veeky Forums wasn't full of know it all 20 year Olds and neets who are never right about anything.

Seriously, you guys are so certain on things even though your track record is hilarious as a community.

Hey I made 14 bucks on Friday so phooey on you Dad

are you grouping everyone into /meme/ stocks?

That's like say /pol/ is a libertarian circle jerk

Yes, there are lots of high school dropout NEETs who do nothing but shout out loud /pol/ talking points. There are also educated people who know what they are talking about.

The problem is that if you're not familiar with the topics you might have a hard time telling who is who. Except maybe the general guideline that when someone does nothing but sperg out talking points without backing them up and rages out and insults everyone who disagrees, he's probably full of shit.

Agreed 100% user. Will take time and we can't know if Monday will see more decline, but Friday was the worst day and I guarantee shit will start to get figured out.

Your making yourself sound stupid, just stop.

Guys can you suggest me any books that can educate me on macroeconomics and how the world works exactly on that regard? I want to understand more how brexit works, but I have trouble picking a side because of my lack of knowledge.

Have you idiots even looked at the futures prices. Full happening,
Mr Bones here we come.

BEARS
E
A
R
S

?
what should I be seeing?

dutsche bank will not collapse. Its fucking dutsche bank it can't

Its Lehman they said.
It can't they said.

eurobanks are going to zero

>futures down 2%
top lel

>controlled collapse

The UK doesnt anymore.

Why is Deutsche Bank going to collapse? Because their share price is low? Come on now.

Can we talk about how Barclays has gone from $185 a share to $127 in two days? Or how RBS has gone from $248 to $174? Lloyd's from $72 to $51?

That is fucking shit ton of money lost. The UK financial sector is TANKING.

UK financial sector is collapsing because London is no longer in the EU and these banks are headquarter in London becuase it was in the EU and English was spoken. With the Brexit these banks can't do business the old way and their assets are hold on in those old business ways. The UK voters voted themselves into a recession and inflation. Also a possible UK financial exodus to another EU nation. I can't wait to visit the future third world country known as the UK. At least British slags are now dirt cheap compare to last week.

Anyone know some good non-lethal weapons companies that operate in the EU that are publicly traded?

I'm banking on shit getting ugly over there and people wanted to beat some kebabs/electrocute them.

Reminding everyone that this guy is a fucking idiot. Laugh at him. Ivy league graduate my ass.

You say that, but as far as I can tell, all the markets are in the green again, except the DOW.
And who cares about those yanks, anyway?

Let me get this straight: you're calling it another news event?

Isn't inflation a good thing to have these days?

Hopefully with the end of globalization and neoliberalism, we can have inflation again, countries will look inward, the state will control the economy, and people will be happier and employed.

I am laughing. At you. Faggot.

I'm laughing at you, faggot.

DXB is up 2.5% premarket

>things will get more clear

Now that you have been thoroughly BTFO, how about killing yourself?

#rekt #btfo #gtfo #diaf #kys #lmfao

based off of central banks "maybe" intervening...

>sounds like the maximum uncertainty on friday, was just hog wash

What program are you using to track those values?

Their 'headquaters may move for tax purposes but London will always be financial capital of the world and there isnt a chance that they will just drop all their london offices and employees for somewhere else

you should see Googles London HQ where they apparently earn no money and pay no tax too

Reminding everyone that this little samefagging NEET thought the markets would go down forever. He trolled this thread for hours, and some of you even bought in. Fucking pathetic.

just redditors from /pol/ raids, who stayed here, but have much to learn, leftist don't understand reality let alone world economy