I HAVE TO PAY TAXES ON MY BITCOIN GAINS!?!?!?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHAT THE FUCK

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2015/02/11/puerto-rico-new-age-tax-haven/#6aa3ec654d26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's only capital gains when you cash out, or if you have a wallet linked to your bank account (i.e. the feds)

Move to Puerto Rico.

forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2015/02/11/puerto-rico-new-age-tax-haven/#6aa3ec654d26

>not knowing you had to pay for money you make
the fuck? Why do you think the IRS was made?

I had the same reaction.

I wonder if my wife would get half BTC in a divorce. I could just move them to an anonymous wallet, but she knows I have them.

This. Who wants to solidify assets in Bitcoin now anyway? The market cap is only going up from here.

If you think she might divorce you, tell her that you're thinking of cashing out. Don't, but then also go on a shopping spree to throw her off that you haven't done anything. Create a new wallet through Tor and tumble your bitcoins there. Then you can escrow them back to any clearnet wallets you want.

Thanks user. No reason to think we'll divorce other than she's a woman, but now I know how to prepare just in case she pms's real bad.

if you're mining bitcoins does that make the power bill used to mine them tax deductible?

>not signing a prenup
YOU FUCKED UP BIG TIME

I think you mean
>ever getting married at all

I know we all like to take risks here but the reward is virtually none existent

>tfw there is no capital gains tax in my county

tell your wife your actually a black lesbian, she cant deny your one or shes oppressing you.

Don't wanna pay taxes?

B-b-but senpai

So lets say i wanted to cash 10k worth of bitcoins i made illegally. How would i go about doing that?

kraken

Ok but just putting 10k in my bank account out of no where is gonna look sketchy

to spoil a good time.

Do your god damn duty and get fucked in the ass OP

Arent you allowed 15k in undeclared "gifts"

How would the gov know they were made illegally?
(What does that even mean?)

bitcoins i made illegally
illegally
story time?

sell them for cash face to face

Idiot. Bet you're one of those occupy faggots that bitch investors don't pay their fair share.

sell them to people who sell them for a 5% decrease in price.

>U.S. citizens have to pay taxes on all capital gains
>profiting off of bitcoin obviously qualifies as capital gains

if you're this retarded you have no business investing

what people haven't figured out yet is that because the IRS didn't classify them as a stock/security, wash sale rules don't apply and you can generate tax beneficial transactions to your heart's content as long as you can prove they had economic substance

What does this mean? Can you clarify please

>shocked by taxes

Average Bernie Millennial retard who thinks we're not taxed enough until they themselves are forced to pay.

Hate to say it but I went through this denial too. They don't teach kids anymore what to do when they attain a sudden increase in wealth. They taught us to be good goys and that making profit is evil.