Is this guy a good role model in any way?

Is this guy a good role model in any way?

Did he do anything right?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/read/heres-the-full-text-of-martin-shkrelis-criminal-indictment
wsj.com/articles/lawyer-charged-with-fraud-in-martin-shkreli-case-resigns-from-firm-1457742130
google.com/search?q=most hated man in america&oq=most hated man in america&aqs=chrome..69i57.4717j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's actually a decent guy imo

>Did he do anything right?
yea, made millions of dollars shorting a biotech stock when he was 17/18 years old

he was a child prodigy regarding investing in pharmaceuticals

he is also a savage CEO who is worth a good amount of money, i think he was at $100 million at one point

the only thing he did wrong was being a scapegoat for the media for playing the game. i would want to be like him desu senpai

Did he not commit fraud as well though?

>Did he not commit fraud as well though?
possibly, i didn't read all of the indictment papers

motherboard.vice.com/read/heres-the-full-text-of-martin-shkrelis-criminal-indictment

but i think that he will win against the SEC and that he didn't commit fraud,

just my person opinion. i don't think he really did anything illegal at his hedge fund or retrophin.

>Be smart enough to make millions, coming up from nothing
>Be autistic enough to turn PR damage control into a full blown lynch mob of the media and internet people

I'm pretty sure that's down to his being a raging sociopath, not autism.

>I'm pretty sure that's down to his being a raging sociopath, not autism.
either way, i know millions of people who would do that same thing.

by your logic, all CEOs are sociopaths. Shkreli also didn't kill anyone for actual money

He's awesome. Smart guy trying to do the right thing. Media shits on him like he is a criminal. Too bad the retarded journalism graduates don't understand the pharmaceuticical industry

Go to bed Martin

He's a scam and a fraud

None of his advice should be followed because that's not what he used to get rich

He's really cool. Answers questions on his livestream, and doesn't put up with bullshit, which is the main reason he trolls retarded journalists so hard.

He does post on reddit, but on /r/WallStreetBets which is more or less Veeky Forums so not so bad I guess..

That isn't sociopathy. That's sucking balls at communicating and understanding why people are upset.

Let me put it this way. All that he would have had to do in order to avoid all of this bullshit and scandal is the following during a serious sit-down interview:

>"Yes, I understand why people are concerned about this, but I think that the media has distorted the truth here. We actually provide this medicine for free to patients who are experiencing financial hardship and at a significant markdown to patients who demonstrate financial need. The only people we are billing this price hike to is the healthcare system itself, that is to say the insurance companies and big HMOs. We are essentially billing the system for the cost of developing a new drug. We are not charging individual patients this, we are charging the insurance system. Now if people cannot afford medical care, that isn't on us, that's on the broken insurance system and medical system, we're just a biotech company."
>Not get angry
>Not say shit like "I should have charged even more!"
>Not sperg out about "muh libertarian world views" and "muh free market"
>Just calmly and clearly explain his position instead of throwing logs onto the fire

Shkrelli is a dumb, arrogant little shit who did not understand the backlash that was going to come his way as a result. Now he has designated himself as a scapegoat for others in the financial and biotech industries. That's what the securities fraud charges are about: roasting him to create a smokescreen. The dumb bastard painted a target on himself.

And yet he didn't do this, despite clearly being intelligent enough to understand that it would be the right thing to do.

A normal person simply would not be this arrogant when put in the same situation. If nothing else, they would be at least SOMEWHAT distressed by what is happening to them, whereas Shkrelza seems legitimately incapable of understanding what he did wrong.

Also, since someone mentioned his streams, he bullies and harasses like 90% of the people who join it, did an AMA on reddit where he not only refused to apologise but openly mocked half the people asking him questions, and based on just his overall demeanor and the way he treats others, it's pretty obvious he gives zero fucks about them i.e that he's a sociopath.

Doesn't mean he can't be extremely intelligent. I'm just saying that his narcissism is what brought him down, same as you. We just disagree about where it comes from.

What do you expect from someone who made all of his money by scamming people through ponzi schemes

Straight from wiki

After four years as an associate at Cramer Berkowitz, Shkreli worked as an analyst for Intrepid Capital Management and UBS Wealth Management.[20] He then started his first hedge fund, Elea Capital Management, in 2006.[16][21] In October 2007, Lehman Brothers won a $2.3 million default judgment against Shkreli and Elea, but Lehman collapsed before it could collect on the ruling.

In September 2009, Shkreli launched MSMB Capital Management,[2][22] which took its name from the initials of the two founding portfolio managers, Shkreli and his childhood friend Marek Biestek.[16][19] Shkreli and Biestek shorted biotech companies, then described flaws in the companies on stock trading chat rooms.[5]

MSMB traded Orexigen Therapeutics stock in February 2011, around the time that its price plunged when the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) declined to approve the drug Contrave.[23][24]

In 2011, Shkreli filed requests with the FDA to reject a new cancer diagnostic device from Navidea Biopharmaceuticals and an inhalable insulin therapy from MannKind Corporation while publicly short-selling both companies' stocks, the values of which dropped after Shkreli's interventions. The companies had difficulty launching the products as a result, although the FDA ultimately approved both

Bad PR aside, mocking people asking stupid questions when they have the internet at their fingertips is pretty reasonable. You don't have to be a sociopath to not care about people unwilling to put in the smallest effort in talking to you.

>After Shkreli's departure, Retrophin filed a US$65 million lawsuit against him in August 2015, claiming that he had breached his duty of loyalty to the biopharmaceutical company in a long-running dispute over his use of company funds[32][36][37] and "committed stock-trading irregularities and other violations of securities rules".[38] The lawsuit alleged that Shkreli had threatened and harassed a former MSMB employee and his family.[39] Shkreli and some of his business associates have been under criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York since January 2015. Shkreli invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in order to avoid testifying during civil depositions.

One of the lawyers involved with him is also being sued for fraud.

>wsj.com/articles/lawyer-charged-with-fraud-in-martin-shkreli-case-resigns-from-firm-1457742130

>Hey guys Q&A stream here
>Only ask questions that let me circle jerk myself and show off my l337 excel numb pad skills with useless information

Yeah, that's fair.

Except he doesn't just do it to the high school kids going through their two minutes hate. In fact, the more you've researched beforehand, the more likely he is to fuck with you, it seems. I've watched a few of them and he simply refuses to engage anyone in meaningful dialogue, just outright insulting them for their appearance and kicking them half the time. Probably because the ones who had actually researched could expose him for the piece of shit fraud that he is.

Still, I'm impressed that he managed to makes millions of dollars at age 17, moral bankruptcy aside.

>rejecting potentially useful medications to actually try to improve human life

Textbook sociopath

It's quite amusing how few people seem to recognise this.

They endlessly make excuses for these bastards, even when their actions clearly broadcast how callous they are.

Morals and human life improvements don't pay for anything at the lambo dealership. If you're in his position doing otherwise is doing your own potential a disservice.

>at the lambo dealership

Stop being 12 and leave

look mom i posted it again

I'd bet a pretty large sum of money that you've never even sat inside a Lamborghini or any car that isn't Ford-tier for that matter.

He's literally smarter and a better investor than anyone on this board.

hardly a feat lmao

>lambo
are you an albanian drug dealer or something, just get a porsche 911

I know right, fucking plebs

>Shkrelli is a dumb, arrogant little shit
lol u mad?

If he could just shut and keep a straight face it wouldn't be so easy to make people hate him .

google.com/search?q=most hated man in america&oq=most hated man in america&aqs=chrome..69i57.4717j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

probably, but who can resist the media?

He trolled an entire nation, that's pretty cool in my book.

He's also richer than mostly anyone here.

And no, what he does is not even remotely comparable to the evils of actual big pharma.