/frugal/ thread

>buy shoes at Kmart: $12.99/pair!

>upgrade to Admiral shares
>save 0.05% a year

> ruin Feet: pain for life and 12,000 operation when you can't take it anymore

>buy shoes at goodwill. 6.99/pair

also ive been using fast food napkins as toilet paper

>Piss in bottles and dump them out your window to save on water and sewage bills.

>Leave used shower water in the tub during winter to help heat your bathroom

>Re-use toilet paper and paper towels

>not just showering after you poo so you don't have to use paper at all

>not just shitting in the shower

>not just eating your shit and showering in piss

You have a bright future ahead of you

>Kill local wildlife for food

>Get water from ponds and rivers

>Use a campfire to cook your meals

>Recycle your piss

>Turn in plastic bottles at super markets

Hey, listen up friendos! I'm going to teach you how to diminish your opportunity cost! This is mostly useful for people who have high-value skills or have a great capacity for learning new skills.
1. Meditation. If you meditate more you sleep less. Some monks can even stop sleeping altogether because of meditation. Meditation done right is 1.5 times more restful than sleep. At absolute maximum utility, this trick will give you back about a ninth of a day per day. This means you get one day for every nine days you live. Over the course of your lifetime, that portion of time spent working and playing can add up to some serious money. Meditation diminishes your opportunity cost because you can meditate in any scenario that doesn't require you to be intensely physically or mentally active.
2. Exercise when listening to online lectures or while studying. Light jogging in place while listening on a computer, or any sort of exercise when you have a recording on your ipod. Exercise increases how long you will live, so the bonuses compound with the meditation tactic. You can exercise during any activity that does not require you to be physically still or intensely mentally engaged.
3. Lucid dreaming instead of playing video games. Lucid dreams are free and don't impair your rest. Meditation often helps you lucid dream better and exercise helps you sleep better. See guides online for methods to induce and to control lucid dreams.

>worthless memes

recently upgraded to pic related. i cut another $65 out of the annual budget gentleman. an entire sixty five doll hairs.

$0.05 a shave

So basically become a monk is what you're saying.

Yes, if monks work two jobs, exercise a lot and ejaculate in their dreams because they are dreaming about having sex with Emma Watson.

>dreaming about having sex with Emma Watson
also checked

This isnt a fucking game, kid, this is my life. Live on the Alaskan tundra for a year and we'll see how your habits change when you come out the other side. You wake up and spit your morning loogie down the sink. I swallow it for sustenance. You're the kind who throws away bad milk. I make sour cream. You tie your shoes before you leave the house. I use one long lace between them both to save $ on shoelaces, faggot. I shit in a diaper for a year cause I couldnt afford to flush. Ever heard of a lambskin condom? I fuck lambs with a condom.. cause women are just too pricey. I have a mustache, cause it gets me free hotdogs. You're up a paddle without a creek, richboy. Ill only tell you once: I keep my promises kid, cause I cant afford to lie.

This.

Christ, I got a Mach 3 whatever for Christmas at some point and have used them ever since, then one day I realized that nearly $40 for some cheap-ass injection moulded plastic cartridges is Judaism of the highest magnitude and converted to a quality German made Solingen safety razor like in your pic and a pack of razors costs like $4.

>>Leave used shower water in the tub during winter to help heat your bathroom

I had a physics professor that did this. Even went into the math as an example in class.

I used to turn in bottles for the deposit when I was a kid. The joys of living next to a state with deposits.

Walk around local factory parking lots and collect ear plugs. Stuff about a thousand of them in a trash bag. Now you have a bed, or a chair, or just a bag of used ear plugs and wax.

Probably not directly related to /frugal/ but does Veeky Forums have a definitive guide to living in your car/ living like a vagabond?
I wouldn't mind living in my car for awhile and just touring the entire country for a bit, but how would I stretch my dollars out to do so?