Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Fat Cats edition

Join with us in the circle jerk (discord) To hear voice chat, access the channels in the top left corner -
discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TPWMIEr

For the latest in memetics and the hottest memeology, be sure to check our lunar calendar -
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]&pli=1

--FAQs for Robinhood--
Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
If you're not into robinhood - stockbrokers.com/offers
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.
> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).
> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.
> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.
> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.
> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.
> If I have Robinhood do I need to worry about 'Free riding' violations?
No, its not applicable for limited margin accounts (instant), and if you don't have instant, RH won't let you buy with unsettled funds
> Can I use Robinhood on my PC?
Yes, download an android emulator. Setup is extremely easy. memuplay.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-shipments-hit-us-stores/
profitconfidential.com/stock/amd-stock-is-this-a-game-changer-for-advanced-micro-devices-inc/
stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=amd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What memes are you guys investing in today?

CERU my nigga

ASTID $$$$

MGT. let's see if McAfee talks will boost his stock.
What's good about CERU?

I held TVIX and UVXY over the weekend. Good or bad you guys thinking? Should I keep holding?

alright boys

freshly shaved my fucking nuts yesterday for todays market day

Lets make some fucking money to keep my mind away from scratching

no idea my nigga
futures dont look great for stability and are showing about .75% in the dumpster so im guessing shits still fucked and TVIX might still be a good call

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-shipments-hit-us-stores/
profitconfidential.com/stock/amd-stock-is-this-a-game-changer-for-advanced-micro-devices-inc/

don't even read the links

Just buy AMD and walk away

Dow futures are showing a lower price from Fridays close so you might have gotten away with it.

i bought BRK-B on friday in a 3.75% dip

should i hold and collect some ez buckz in a week or dump it and trade memey shit like TVIX and SQQQ?

>holding
>ever

ree

im dumping it

pre market looks like shit and i only have 4 shares anyway

VHC

Good man

This is literally don't hold anything and day trade like a madman week. Everything is on sale get it now while supplies last.

TGD should be moving around

Who knows where

how low should I wait for AMD to get before I buy?

I think it's up 10% AH friday

Anything under 5 is safe imotbhfamalam

Holding it for a few days is pretty safe as well.

I have about 2000 shares of that.

Hopefully gold goes up a little to boost it

Why is AMD still viable?

whats it projected to hit and by when?

:(

ive got about 3000 shares, gonna keep holding

eh, the MACD is going down. may wait until next week:
stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=amd

All it took for VHC to jump up a couple cents per share was a global economic meltdown

epic

how was i dumb enough to let myself lose 300 on it? This is some twilight zone shit im sure

Who ready for black Monday??

buy gold and get innawoods

CERU my dark skinned friend

We've cutting prices! Everything must go!

Why worry? It'll all rebound by late this week or next week once idiots start realizing it'll take years for Britain to actually leave.

>TVIX
>premarket +0.6%

what the fuck happened?

wheres the death alarms going off and volatility skyrocketing from uncertainty?

5 MINUTES LADS HERE WE GO

why do people think VHC is gonna go up?

Buckle up boys

probably basing it off of AH and PM movement, expecting that momentum to continue upwards.

HERE WE GO

DO I BUY AMD NOW????

if you are in for the long haul, might as well buy now.

What the fuck is volatility doing?

> not holding
> ever

Lil bitch ride the wave

SKLN

tvix holders on suicide watch!

>TGD up 5% within the first 5 minutes

>GREEN
RED
>GREEN
RED
>GREEN
RED

TVIX HOLD ME

Buy FCX?

yeah probably. may want to wait a bit to get the lowest price

how the fuck is everything doing massive 1-2% swings while volatility is at FUCKING ZERO

>1-2%
>massive

I know. I'm a dummy for not having money loaded up for Brexit. I could have bought a few thousand shares at .13-.14

instead I gotta hold out for .20

i deserve that

> 1%-2% on blue chips
> normal

how high will SKLN go, you think? Hit .20?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

what am i looking at here?

New AMD graphics card comes out Thursday

S&P500

You don't understand what the instrument even tracks. You deserve to lose money.

check again. we just hit below 2000

And? The S&P has been trading sideways between 1900 and 2200 for like 2 years now.

>volatility level: low
>sell it
>still get the "you've sold at high volatility"

IS barclays going to delist?
holy shit its in the dumpster

Beacause it can't possibly screw alot of us over more by going lower?

how long should i hold on to my gold stocks for?

what else were you expecting from this shit platform that spends more time millenial pandering than it does making the platform functional

I'm losing money

I need to buy shit like SDS which are the inverse of the S&P

BUT I CANT BUY THEM

I don't believe I've ever lost this much money.

All the eurobanks are dumpster tier right now. And likely will be for the next decade.

the problem is most of them are ticking time bombs

Deutsche, Barclays and Lloyds are particularly shit

if one of those goes under it will be fun though. my bet is on deutsche

Tbf, isn't this a good time to buy Duetshe Bank? Can it go lower?

most reputable brokers want about 2k minimum deposit. scratch up the savings and move brokers. or watch the markets for a year and save up 10k for IB.

i lost 2k in 5mins trading brexit with ES futures. then i made it all back for a small profit. stop sweating the losses. you only get antsy when you think you can't make it back. if you lack self confidence, then don't trade period.

> it's barely 8 am here and I'm on cruise control
> hit buy instead of sell on a $UVXY order
> can't dump it anymore or I'll trigger PDT
> it's already tanking

kill me

that's another thing I hate about RH

You can easily buy or sell something by mistake when you intend the opposite and the screens look the same.

good god no yoy fucking retard

stay away from that pile of burning garbage unless youre going to short it into the iron core of the earth

that thing is bankruptcy tier even without brexit

>my bet is on deutsche

So is the market's. Short interest on RBS, CS, and DB are at astronomical levels and have been since february.

why the swiss? theyre not euro trash and didnt do the same stupid shit as DB

Why in sweet fuck would you want to buy that? On the basis that it's cheap alone? Fuck me, user.

They're getting dragged down in the fire regardless. The whoel sector is now poised for lower earnings so they're all taking an ass pounding because of the brit tantrum. Plus CS is on the list of banks that have a lot of exposure to bad energy loans.

>tfw I just want to play some minecraft like a 2 year old but can't cuz I'm addicted to watching my stocks

Holy shit dude. You fucking TVIX retards don't understand what it is and it's fucking so maddening. Tvix is 2x VIX. Vix is the standard deviation of the expected returns of the snp 500 over the next 30 days. If people expect it to go down and have a good confidence it will, volatility goes down. Essentially the ONLY TIME TVIX is in the money is the swing of EXPECTATIONS.

For more info, The expected price is gathered by a put call open interest. If SIGNIFICANTLY more of one is open, it will pull the expected price downward/upward based on if it's a put or a call. Put interest was already quite high beforehand. Thus VIX did not swing very hard. Don't rea VIX as volatility. Read VIX as EXPECTED volatility. If you feel the market will become significantly MORE volatile(read change in put-call outstanding) in the near future, that is the time for TVIX. Not during/after the movement.

as far as i know the swiss didnt make any financial products nearly as stupid as DB

These fucking retards made credit swaps on the national debt of greece and spain to clear up their credit rating and are now stuck with billions in dog shit that they over leveraged 40x

actually fucking retards

>minecraft
>left shark meme
fuck off reddit

not in TVIX but appreciate the info

Whew lads, good thing I didnt buy bank stocks this morning lol

TVIX isnt double VIX you retard

its double VXX

into the dumpster you go

hey i said like a 2 year old, at least im self aware

VHC BAGHOLDERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>

please go back to /r/wallstreetbets

the fuck is this

Fucking JUST

>tfw just sold all my stocks

it's obvious that they aren't going to rebound for quite some time, so might as well sell them now and buy things that will make money

but of course the volatility shit.

kill me

dang. what stock(s)?

Suicide watch? I bought at 4 right now lol

Should I keep holding SPXS

why not just sell, wait a few days, and buy back in at a lower price than today?

VMEM held over the weekend.

Might leave the market altogether for a couple weeks

buy shit like SRTY or SDS while the S&P500 tanks because people love kneejerking.

UVXY
TVIX

My sick gains.

ye its pretty nice

Kinda bummed sold mine Friday, had the most relaxing weekend not thinking about it though