What does Veeky Forums think of AMD?

What does Veeky Forums think of AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

profitconfidential.com/stock/advanced-micro-devices-inc-the-obvious-reason-to-be-bullish-on-amd-stock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some were saying there will be a spike this week I think

buy the dip

I have some shares. I hate it personally - it couldn't break 5.20 - but some anons are convinced it's going past 7 by the end of the year

Cards go on sale Wednesday

Big sales are going to drive up share price

i sold my stake like a week ago at 5.38$ and bought in at this dip

I own 1250 shares, familia. I'm hopeful about it gaining some value after the reveal of the rx 480 on the 29th.

Projected sales are already priced in (or were minus BREXIT). If AMD doesnt meet their sales projections the stock will drop like a bag of hammers. A lot of people are just in for speculation and will take their profits soon anyway. I wouldnt go long on anything right now because its uncertain whether the market is going to continue downward trend. If more countries start officially announcing concerns about leaving the EU and taking steps some economists are forecasting Brexit to be worse than the 2008 housing crisis and the markets could be bearish for a 3-5 years. I think that's a "gloom and doom" prediction and unlikely, but I'm just warning you not to buy in right now and wonder why the stock continues to plummet.

AMD has become a meme on RHG threads as well, which means its probably going to implode soon

I unironically told people to invest in it a few months ago but somehow the thought to invest in it myself never occurred to me.
I think I'm retarded or something.

FTE up 2,5%. DAX up 2,1%. The slump is over.

It's called a relief rally.

Oh, here i was thinking the megajews are manipulating the price down to scare brits into a new referendum

>low margin parts
What about this don't AMD fanboys understand? All that R&D and they're selling a new $200 card that doesn't have any new features (unlike the competitors). Main feature: it's cheap!

>NDA until release day
Never a good sign.

AMD is an expensive penny stock. It will probably go up though because the fanboyism is insane. I hope it hits 5.50 today so I can buy puts and swim in my new money this weekend after the reviews release and it's underwhelming.

Up and it gives me $540 now, might wait longer

It's a good quality card at a price that's actually practical for people who are on the fence about building their own PC.

> price the cards cheap
> take a cut on the profit per unit
> sell massive amounts of cards
> gain market share (their goal)

Polaris is taking us to the moon bby. It's not too late to get on the gravy train.

no doubt it's a great value for consumers. AMD needs money, and the RX480 isn't going to produce a lot. But hey, for AMD, any profit should send the stock up big.

If the stock does to $4.80 I will buy. I cant believe I didnt buy in the 4.60s. I think the stock will either be a hit or miss - it will drop a shit ton or go up a shit ton

I mean y'all nigga see that the stocks getting ready to plummet like it did 1-3 days ago right? we might see this bitch clsoe below 5.10...maybe 5.

The thing about AMD is it opens high then closes low. And I have no idea how it will do Thursday and thats coming up so I might just buy before the close today.

>A product that caters to niche video game virgins

user was right, it's a penny stock.

I guess. Their (quarterly?) reports came out. Pretty meh and underwhelming as usual.

Amd is also becoming the gpu of choice for cryptocurrency miners, so that's another thing

They make great 2-years-behind-in-technology hardware

it was a great buy 8 months ago.

I bought a few hundred shares at $2.10 and sold at $2.93 a few months ago. I could have rode it out and gone higher but profit is profit, and imo it wasn't worth the risk.

So whats going to happen to AMD Thursday?

> becoming

user invented a fucking time machine, he's posting from 2012!

honestly don't know why these people are shitting on it. I don't have many shares (like 38) but if I could buy more I would, shit's gonna spike thursday

Nothings going to happen thursday. The stock already considered the sales of rx's into it. Check it.

send link

profitconfidential.com/stock/advanced-micro-devices-inc-the-obvious-reason-to-be-bullish-on-amd-stock/
>tellingmenottobuy
kek

So is it NOW good time to invest, just before RX480 is released?

bump

Tbh I dont know. But Im really hoping the stock drops tomorrow so I can invest. Unfortunately I am guessing it will raise a shit ton tomorrow and actually fall Thursday. Idk tho

I got an order if it goes back down to 5.. History shows every July is a good month for AMD

AMD doesnt make money. They are the niggers of the graphic card industry.

Stock will be below 2 bucks before the end of the year.

No. Sales already included in quarterly financials. That 52 week high was probably it. We are on a downward trend now.

I actually like their newer APU's for typical corporate workloads they are quite solid performers.
Zen is probably going to be delayed 6 months (just typical release date distortion field which they seem to do every launch).

Problem they have is most of the IT distribution chain just defacto buys intel chips since it's corporate budget, and AMD doesn't get advertised at all.
How do they fix that shit? Who knows - Maybe send hookers and free shit to all the IT buyers?

>some of the top products in an established and growing market

Ya this company is doomed guise.

It's remarkable that they survived. Although I fear the debt is on the horizon. Zen won't be the game changer that conroe was for Intel back in 06.

Early AMD wasn't just Jim Keller, and you know the Jaguar team is gone.

AMD would do better in the short-term licensing its technology.

I'll just leave this here....

Well, AMD is at a high right now. I knew the day before would be high today, the question is can it retain it tomorrow

Every time I consider investing in this I back out. I might just say fuck it this time and go in later today when it drops a little

looks like crap.
which is why it was cheap.
could it change tho? i'm not buying this new product will change everything hype.

F A L L I N G

The new card isn't good enough, familia.

I'm selling Jade Lizards on this thing.

Im confused. Why are people saying AMD will go up thursday if wasnt the new AMD product released today?

AMD has a new server chip for 2017. The last server chip is like ten years ago and the share price was like 30$. If the new server chip is a hit, OOooh boy, this ride will be fun.

Maybe because it takes time to look at the reviews and gauge interest in the card. It convinced me that I'll just get a GTX 1070.

Well, the reviews came out today so people are just hyping it up around that. In terms of business, it has no effects until they release sales numbers or whenever their earnings come out.

But yeah, I think the hype was too much and disappointed people who were expecting way too much with a $200 dollar card.

AMD lead people to believe their cards could compete with a 980. Not that under certain circumstances (dx12) it might be better.

Polaris is what I'm waiting for. Supposedly an Intel killer, after the 480 I'm skeptical.

You mean Zen? Intel's GPUs aren't even close to competitive with Nvidia or AMD. And Polaris just released so Vega is next.

About Zen. it's not an Intel killer. It's a "we can be as competitive with Intel" chip on the CPU side, where you can get around Haswell performance with the numbers they have been releasing. We're on Skylake now, and Skylake compared to Haswell is only around 5% better on average. By the time we're on Kaby Lake when Zen releases, the performance difference is negligible at around 10% maybe at best. You would have to pay a pretty hefty premium to get that remaining 10%.

Intel is the stock where money goes to die.
I owned for 20 years and its been around 30 something for 20 years.... fuck you Intel.. all your ingenuity doesn't amount to shit.

The release of the RX480 has been a mixed bag of doritos and mountain dew.

The card performs above 980GTX in titles built for DX12 but is on par with the 970GTX in DX11 titles. I don't think that's a problem though considering big games like Battlefield 1, Deus Ex and Forza Horizon 3 are coming out in the coming 2-3 months built with DX12 where the RX480 will shine.

When the aftermarket cards come out, drivers are polished and more DX12 games come out this card will just keep getting better. I'd say Polaris is a successful step for AMD, so far so good.

Now we wait for Zen.

Need an update on the Autismal geek wars over Radeon X 480. Somebody break it down.

Who cares about gpu market? Amd had a share price over 20 dollar because of server market.

it went up %1,800 from 1995 to 2000, should have sold then