Post how your family held you back from success

Post how your family held you back from success.

Mine:
>Never taught me ANYTHING about personal finance/investing/markets, etc
>Said meme shit like "You need to be a genius with a million dollars to invest!" when I told them what I learned about investing and tried to talk to them about it
>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and sub-sequentially lowered my testosterone

23 year old here, learned that the hard way.

Protip: no one gives a shit, not even your parents. They expect you to live the normie life like everyone else. Do your own thing, manage your cortisol and be as independent as possible.

Also buy kneepads.

>>Never taught me ANYTHING about personal finance/investing/markets, etc
>What is public school education

KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF

Personal finance is so fucking simple. Why do you require hand holding even as an adult.

My bad OP.

"KILL YOURSELF" was meant for the OP of another thread, who I genuinely hope kills himself.

They teach that shit in public schools in high school. In Canada atleast

>eh my parents were good to us
>but my dad was a control freak and wouldnt accept most suggestions
>drove us a bit nuts because he was very conservative with money since it was his investment in the business.
>I wish I could have matched his money in the beginning instead of taking marching orders.
>still a great learning experience

>Never taught me ANYTHING about personal finance/investing/markets, etc

This.

I feel like my Dad totally would have, but my mom divorced him and got custody.

Better call you mom and tell her she's a worthless cunt. Tell her how her financial illiteracy caused you to be poor. Blame all you life's failures on her. Make her depressed. Make sure she's knows that her failures as a mother have made you into the piece of shit you are today.

Nice projecting.

I've actually learnt quite a lot on my own. I just would have learnt faster and younger. I'm still just 21.

>never game me money

>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and sub-sequentially lowered my testosterone

You never get tired of making these threads you pathetic worm, eh? The fact that you mention this argument every single time is hilarious.

I assume you're an adult so you are solely responsible for your own destiny now. Instead of posting the same thread FOR MONTHS TO NO END how about you actually change, get your shit together and forget about the alleged "wrongdoings" of your parents.

You are the only one that's holding you back.

This desu

>Getting this angered by a b8 thread

Topkek

My dad inherited lots of money and then bought stocks based on brand loyalty, which is to say be bought stocks in services he personally enjoyed.

I will inherit less money than he did- but oh well

My father
>never gave up on me
>never will

>Parents both live on a subsidy throughout their live.
>I also recieve a subsidy at the age of 18.
>Decide i want to work 9 to 5 full time at the age of 24.
>Will only recieve 200 euro more.
>Parents call me an idiot.

I think we were all niggers in our previous life.

I'm sure its going to sound like I'm a spoiled manchild to people over the internet.

Basically, I asked my parents to mortgage one of their properties so I could buy a business and cover the 25% collateral the bank asked for.
And they absolutely would not hear of it. They didn't even ask what the business was.
Their response was "you can do anything you want after we die"

I don't want to spend the next ten years working 80hours a week to build up a new business from the ground up like my Father did.
I'd rather just buy one.

The thing is, my father didn't have enough money to hire employees in the beginning. I was always there, helping him with his business. And because of it I didn't finish high school or go to college.

Where the fuck did you go to public school?

Mine just discouraged me from becoming an entrepreneur. To be fair, selling is completely outside my natural skill set.

My dad's actually really bro-tier about investing, we still bond over what to do with our retirement savings now that I'm turning 30. Damn, I've been blessed. Feels good man.

>Decide i want to work 9 to 5 full time at the age of 24.
>Will only recieve 200 euro more.
>Parents call me an idiot.
They are right.

bump

>normie school
>teaching anything about finance ever

people become doctors before learning how to invest in public schools

not in usa

CU RAY ON POP

>Family moved from Johannesburg, South Africa to fucking rural ass Missouri, USA
>Dad became a deadbeat and divorced my mom, remarried a nurse who pays all his bills
>Mom wont get a decent job and support herself
>Tried to join navy to be a diver and fight sharks
>Navy says lol no because I have some shitty heart problem with my valves that would get worse under pressure
>Get trapped in shitty retail and factory jobs living with my mom
>No time to go to college or do anything because two jobs
>Wanted to work in a dockyard my entire life and drive those big forklifts and cranes that unload the ships because they make decent money and I could use some of it for side investments
>Fucking landlocked and end up working in a freezer instead for $10.90 an hour
>About to just tell my mom to suck it up and find something to support herself because I'm 25 and I can't take this rural country no above-poverty line jobs shit anymore

all of that is your fault, but is easier for a lazy stupid faggot blame someone else.

Rewire your epi-genetics fag. Stop stressing and build something.