What do I do with $5000?

What do I do with $5000?

It's just extra money sitting in a savings account with shit tier interest, losing value with inflation.

let it stay

use it as emergency money

Hop on the shitcoin train

1y gov bonds.
compounding interest is not so bad on them.
pretty liquid too.

Want 0% risk with about 30-40% yearly gain on that? Buy into crypto curriences. Just let it sit as Bitcoins and don't do anything. And cash out as you feel

Want to make 2, 3 or even more times those 5000$? I'd buy into Trump coin. Today it rose 80%. That's one day. And only because of a live feed of Trump. When he gets elected (most likely happening) coin value will go from 0.08$ atm per Trump to anywhere from 1$ to 10$ or more. You do the math on how much that nets you

Good luck

>Want 0% risk with about 30-40% yearly gain on that? Buy into crypto curriences. Just let it sit as Bitcoins and don't do anything. And cash out as you feel
this is a lie tho the risk is more like 40% lose 40% gain 10% lose all 10% nothing happens.

I don't even understand how people do anything else besides buy and resell Bitcoins. That honestly the most free money I've ever seen.
Here's a simple example:

>OP buys 5000$ worth of BTC around the 1st of June, this month
>At that time he gets about 11.8BTC for around 425$ each coin
>OP waits until around the 16-19th of June
>Sees BTC rise to about 640$ per coin
>Decides to cash out and nets himself estimated 7550$

How is that not fucking free?

lol i bought at 420 and going to sell above 840
but it's not without risks that is a lie nothing is sure about this shit. it's gambling.

basically my prediction was that bitcoin price will rise as halvening nears because of massive false expectations and misunderstanding. after it the expectations will be disappointed price plummets as every moron speculator tries to cash out desperately and then in panic.

it was a relatively safe bet but i wouldn't dare hold it till the halvening nobody can tell what will happen after.

MGT

"gambling"
all investing involves risks, even mutual funds
just because something has risk does not mean it is gambling (where you have a less than 50% probability of making money based on pure chance)

Max out your roth ira for the year if american or buy more guns

why would the halvening not make the price go up..?
demand for bitcoin will continue to increase regardless, and the price will go up at a faster rate now..u

i was commenting on the "free" bullshit.
the reward for taking risk with your capital is interest pr profit. no free soup anons. if something pays very well you can be sure it's very very risky.

>demand for bitcoin will continue to increase regardless, and the price will go up at a faster rate now.
wrong. in my opinion after the halvening supply will not decrease but increase (like i said simply because the nature mindset and lack of understanding of the speculators involved). the newly minted bitcoins are insignificant part of the supply already.
when investors speculate on increase but there is actually a small dip they sell they try to cut their losses get cold feet and sell as they sell they put downward pressure on bitcoin expectations suddenly change and others feel forced to sell. it has happened a billion times before it will happen now too i think.
that is why i will sell before this shit happens because nobody will want to buy.

Download robinhood and dump into MGT when the market opens, thanks senpai

I started my stock trading with C$2,800.

It's now at C$3,677 after two months.

I'd like to thank Bombardier, Galaxy Resources ( by extension Veeky Forums), and ORT for the sweet gains.

I'd also like to curse myself for buying into a pair of oil companies that lost value and we're never climbing back (they went defunct and we're delisted, the pay out was very low), which ended up setting me back C$600 on the rocket ride.

Canada I'm buying OGI, APH, NPI and a bank index.

I started with 5k two weeks ago. I just trade vanguard etf. Up 1.8% so far, lets see if i can do 5% by October. Been making like 2 trades a week

should be 5 percent max 2 weeks, look into stocks like GXY, TNG & VRL and a few other resource/mining that are volatile if you have the time to analyze them

Well municipal bonds are a safe bet unless you live in an area where there is a chance the city or state government would declare bankruptcy.

Nope, not gonna trade individual stocks.

roth IRA

I had 5k, then I put it all in a penny stock that subsequently lost 70% of its value. Oh well.

If you want it to stay safe with a little more interest build a CD ladder.. If you want a little more interest than a CD ladder but a little higher risk build a bond ladder.. If you want a little .ore risk than a bond ladder go with a fixed income etc portfolio.. If you want higher risk than that build up a stock portfolio

literal cuck

The presence of mad nocoiners is strong ITT.

You'll miss on tickets to the next ATH by trying to be a smartass. Nobody can play the market. Buy and hold long term to win.

>Nobody can play the market.
i have done it several times before i will take my chances.

$5000? damn you're rich

go put a down payment on a truck bruh

>buy and hold
>buy and hold
>buy and hold
You regurtitate this bullshit in every thread. If history has shown us anything it is that nothing goes up forever. Thinking that it will is what made some idiots buy at $1200 at the last ATH. Even you cant deny they got BTFO.

all into sia - thank me on monday

She looks like she's pooping.