Don't buy a yacht unless you can afford 5 yachts

>don't buy a yacht unless you can afford 5 yachts
>don't buy a 100k watch unless you have a net worth of 100MM
>don't buy a 300k car unless you make 3 million a year
>don't buy a house that is more than 2 times your salary

Are people just retarded or do all these "rules" make no fucking sense? I bought a 350k car and "only" make 600k a year. I live comfortably and bought what I wanted. Who comes up with this shit is it just jealousy talking? I'm probably going to buy a 80k Patek in the next month and people are giving me shit for it too.

First one : True
Second one : False - 20m
Third: False are you retarded? 1.5 m/y
Fourth: True

Yes goy, those rules are retarded. The only way to get rich, is by spending more than you earn on superfluous luxury goods. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

fuck off there is a point where once you have the money to last you a life time you can spend it on shit.

these rules are contradictory and stupid i wouldnt use them op
an intelligent person who is rich already (not by the lottery or whatever) should be able to decide whether or not they can buy shit by themselves

>I make 600k a year
Post your tax statements for last year.

at an airport or i would user. real estate's my game though

Sure you are.

I mean, if you can earn 600k a year by yourself, you are probably more intelligent then 99% of the board. Why even ask?

Out of the list, I would be careful with the Yacht. They have tons of costs and you will probably just get to use it a few days during in the summer.

Most of these rules are fucking stupid.

Just don't ever go into debt. And be very careful with anything bought, that if you need to you could sell it and not be fucked.

My father bought a $90k boat and later sold it for $60k when he got tired of it. With his income he could afford to take that loss. But some people can't.

>Just don't ever go into debt.
Debt isn't a bad thing as long as the rate is good.

Yachts will bleed you dry

Even if you could afford 5 they would still fuck your bank up

You dont need to follow the rules to make money, but you are a dumbass if you don't understand why they would used to maximize revenue so I really doubt you are making 600k a year, unless you inherited.

>don't buy a house that is more than 2 times your salary

If you live in any booming city, that just isn't realistic.

Houses in my city start at five times my salary, and four times my salary in the surrounding areas - including those in the ghettos.

They don't drop to twice my salary until I hit the boondocks at least an hour outside my city, and are (a) prone to flooding, or (b) in shitty far-flung ghettos where the poorest gentrified people have fled.

How the hell do you make 600K in real estate?

Sell commercial property or something?

What kind of skills or value do you bring to collect $600K?

For clarification, I make a little over 60k per year in a city where the median household income is the same.

>600k

Poorfag detected

I made $6million last year only in the first quarter. This quarter 8

So I have to earn 250k/y to buy a house? Seems unlikely in this market

What kind of patek?

sure user, I'll see you at Applebee's again tomorrow, try not to forget my lemon in my water again.

>If you stuff you don't need, you end up selling stuff you desperately need.

If you're ever urged to sell your car quickly, you'll be lucky to get 5-10k for it, regardless of it's "fair value".

You could have made a vast sum of money with what you spent on the car.

You wasted half your capital on shit.

You are the very definition of a plebeian.

applebees a pretty cush job breh

i would disagree with the house thing.
Maybe in like idaho that shit works but not in LA where houses in my area are like a min of 600k and people probably only gross like 200k.

>The only way to get rich, is by spending more than you earn on superfluous luxury goods. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Can't believe it's the current year and people don't undersatnd this.

If you want to be rich just buy a million dollar mansion, who gives a fuck if you only make 40k a year m8 you're rich as fuck with that mansion.

this guy gets it. I just took out a 30k loan today 6.9% over 5 years. Not even gonna buy anything with it. Everybody's up in arms about it telling me I'm an idiot, but I explain to them my net worth just went up 30k in 24 hours.

This thread is how we know we don't tax the rich enough.

I remember the rapper Master P quoted as saying something like 'if you can't afford to buy it four times over, don't buy it.'
Seems legit.
Pic related.

Although I think he was talking more like personal possessions like jewelery, etc Not assets so much.

If you buy three yachts and rent them out 80% of the year, through a boat charter corp, then it's doable.

Forgot pic because weed erryday...

false

>don't buy a yacht unless you can afford 5 yachts

True. Unless you're a billionaire and writing off yacht expenses on your company or some shit, they're a huge fucking waste of time and money. A luxury cruise ship, even if you're da real MVP big shot on deck, is a better use of 99.9999% of people's money for vacationing. Big yachts require big maintenance, and even small ones tend to need a crew.

>Are people just retarded or do all these "rules" make no fucking sense? I bought a 350k car and "only" make 600k a year.
Yeah sure you do make 600k a year.

>Veeky Forums idiot
>making over 100k

lel