How high will silver go before Veeky Forums buys it?

My guess is $26, which will still be early

not sure i bought already when it was low and just starting an uptrend.
i'm not getting my hopes up yet silver is heavily manipulated day to day.

Now post that photo with all your silver coins so i can laugh at you.

>+3.45%
Woah whats driving this? I bought all mine around 15.00 spot

were do i buy silver?

silver is really tricky, i hope your guess is right, been holding my silver for a looooong time and refuse to sell it unless i make +20%. would it be possible for silver to go up to 50 just like it did five years ago ?

sadly you are kinda late on the ride, but you can buy silver through the bank which i do not recommend, or through a website like bordergold, search for silver/gold stores in your area.

My new favorite is jmbullion.com

And you're not even close to late

Normies have literally no gold or silver, kek

Is it best to buy physical silver ?

Yeah dude of course, don't you want to hold it yourself?

I do ,just wondered what everyone else is doing,not buying yet though,hoping the price goes back down.

It wont go back down and if it does, it wont likely affect the premium you pay over it so you will end up paying the same now or tomorrow if it goes down tomorrow etc

It will go way higher than 50. below 360 I am not even thinking about selling.

libertysilver.ee

:^)

If the ratio of gold to silver corrects, then Ill swap all my silver for gold but in the mean time I am only buying silver. I bought 500oz back when it was 15 bucks an ounce, Dont currently have the funds to buy more but I will

Oh my Fing god. 6.77% up Just today.
Boys we are soon gona hit the artificail circuit breaks. Fuck me this is fast.

You got that right bud.

I also bought a bunch of gold/silver/mineral mining shares and they have been doing quite alright.

solid work. you buy those mostly aorund the same time?

bought them all within a 2-3 day period, some are just exploration companies at the moment but they are legit, so the instant they do find gold, they will skyrocket 10 fold

I dont hold any precious metals but in the uk we have the gold/silver brittania coins which are capital gains exempt so any profit i make wont be taxed but to buy 1 coin with VAT added costs £30 and at this very moment if i was to sell the same coin on the same website id get £15 for it so if i bought some coins id need at least a 16% increase in price to break even plus id have to send the coins via recorded delivery to sell them which could cost something like £5

Am i looking at this wrong? whats the best strategy here? im willing to buy and hold long term.

I got my maths wrong on the percentage,sorry im retarded.

WTF their spot value is double the price of the coin?

Its something like £30 for a 1oz silver Brittannia with VAT added ,I think the Brittannia is more expensive than most coins because it's classified as legal tender so capital gains tax free ,but like I say I don't really know what I'm talking about and I've always been unsure as to what the best way of investing in silver/gold is so never bothered

I really want to buy more silver now

fucking VAT eh, that's retarded, does it matter what countries coin you buy?

Im glad I bought about 110 ounces since January. I bought some Silver Eagles and Perth Mint Kangaroos before the Brexit, 30 of each, and it's nice to see the prices start to jump so quickly. I was planning on holding onto the coins for a long while, but if things break 35, I might dump them. Silver hit as high as 45 for a while a few years back, so I don't think it's insane to believe that it might bounce back to a similar price point.

My question is, I have a little over $3k to play with but it is cash in a robinhood account right now. Should I trade SLV on Robinhood or withdraw the cash and buy bullion? If I trade SLV there is no premium above spot from a dealer and no commission. I can also buy about $1,000 in bullion on top of it for $4k total in silver and silver ETFs. Or is there some real value to having the hard stuff that I am not seeing?

I will probably buy some SLV in my ROTH either way.

Dont buy paper silver

But, why not?

because in a crisis you don't physically hold it and how do you know if the silver even exists, I know for a fact that gold is oversold 100 times for every piece of it that actually exists.

replied to wrong comment

I understand that, I know that as well. There are a few good documentaries that go through that exact problem and discuss the issue. My point is if I am just trying to invest in it, for a few months or years, why no buy paper? I am not making things with it, I don't need the physical bullion for other reasons. I just want to make money on it. Are there real tangible reasons to have the bullion barring a possible currency collapse and using silver and gold to trade?

My MAIN concern is I can buy SLV Tuesday whereas I could only buy about $1,000 in bullion before then and I would have to wait for funds to settle before I could buy another $3k in bullion which if the cost of silver continues to rise, would mean less profit in the end. Trading silver, I could get in 'now'.

Meant to say 'trading paper' at the end.

Just hope that you sell before everyone comes knocking to cash in their silver when prices skyrocket. Otherwise you're fucked. That's all I can tell you

Bought some 3 weeks ago

Ha i have britanias and they are some of the cheapest government bullion in the usa

That's why I am considering trading paper, that way I don't need to worry about that as much. I can also sell it more readily than finding time to go to the silver and gold dealer.

I bought silver not only as an investment but also as a crutch for when the economy shits the bed.

Absolutely
This
Because this

Pawnshop/metals buyer here

Best option for silver is first, hitting up your local banks and looking for half-dollar rolls. You aren't likely to find any pre-1964 at this rate, but 1965-1970 Kennedys are still out there in some small abundance (40% silver.) It's 'free' in that if you don't find anything, you haven't lost anything.

Next, check out your local pawn shops. Folks like me usually sell at a lower premium than online retailers. Don't EVER buy at more than a 5% or 6% premium, and always be sure you know exactly what you're buying. Don't trust anyone who won't let you throw the coin/bullion you're buying on a scale.

Next, online. JM Bullion is good, as is Monarch Precious Metals. You're always going to be able to find whatever you want on higher end guys like APMEX, but you'll pay for that in higher premiums and shipping. Finally, avoid any and all companies that shill on TV or on radio (especially Republican talk radio.) Monex, Goldline, and their ilk have stupidly high premiums, have been known to bait and switch, and have actually been cited by the FTC for fraud. When Glenn Beck won't do business with you because you're a scumbag, that says something.

Finally, go to your local coin shops, jewelers, and the like. Some may have deals, but you'll normally pay through the nose.

One wildcard out there: eBay. You can sometimes get terrific deals. Most times, prices (pre-shipping) and premiums are the same as my shop, but combined with shipping it will be much higher.

Anyone know where I can buy silver in Canada?

GTA area?

I dont really want to pay for shipping from the US like Apmex

>already hold 5x 10z bars
>mum asks what i want for my birthday
>we have a mint in our city
>"just get me a couple silver kookaburras, they're probably around $25/oz AUS"
>birthday comes around, she's really excited about what she got me
>it's pic related
>limited too 500, concave coin that costs 4x spot price

Kinda missed the point, but thanks for trying mum.

That's quite a nice portfolio you have there user. How did you pick those companies? Did you follow a blog or yahoo finance or did you research them yourself? And any criteria in particular to pick those stocks (P/E, P/B, Debt to Equity ratios, etc)?

Why are you buying so many small positions in micro-caps? What's your brokerage fees?

>VAT
if you want vat free silver: you have to separately order the delivery tho.

silvergoldbull.ca,
I bought mine from them

Wait, you're upset that your mother purchased a coin that's currently retailing for about $300 US?

I had a bunch of free trades when I signed up, but otherwise its 10 bucks a trade. I bought these based on info that my friend pays for, some of these are potential "10 baggers"
Also was new to trading at the time and I just wanted to spread my portfolio out over a bunch of them in case that some never went anywhere because they were exploration companies at the time of purchase with no actual mining being performed yet.
If I had more capital I'd feel better at spreading it the way I did if I didnt have the free trades at the time.
If that makes sense

My friend pays 7 grand a year for research and hooked me up with free information basically. Picked these out of their "list"
They basically hold your hand and tell you what to buy, what to short etc. All on a daily basis.

Read this

would sell at about tree fiddy

What's the best way to buy silver in the UK lads?

I'd like to know this too

That's why I have guns, ammo, and survival skills. I don't think a few kilos in silver is going to help me in the end of days more than a 30 round mag and a camp stove, CALL ME CRAZY THOUGH.

sarniasilverDOTcom

I have silver on top of guns, ammo and survival skills. Im talking more in case paper is worthless and I can trade my silver for food, services etc
Obviously if people go full animal mode then guns are always the answer. People living in big cities are going to be the most fucked compared to people living in rural areas.

paper as in currency/cash

except hoard of negroes from the big city will head for the rural areas and they will have more guns or even makeshift technical you see in africa theater. your little ar15 won't stop them from raping your family and eating them limb by limb. unless you shoot your loved ones and yourself first of course.

Assuming they dont all just kill themselves in the city first. The cities will be bloodbaths. The left overs that manage to survive will head to the rural areas

>Kinda missed the point, but thanks for trying mum

You ungrateful little bitch.

Thanks user. Sometimes these Veeky Forums boards have nuggets of gold amongst all the NEETS begging for bitcoin and 18 year olds asking which college major is best.

'Merifat here.

Silver in bars and coins, gold and gemstones in jewelry, guns, ammo, non-perishable food, tarps, cordage, rope, and water filters.

You will survive anything except the physical end of the world.

Yeah basically this, Only thing you can't save yourself from is getting nuked.

He specifically wanted it with Baja Blast but she got him puke tier regular Pepsi

numismatic coins are shit for investment.
completely undependable.

depends, if you plan on selling to a collector down the road then it's ok but it will take a much longer time to sell. I def wouldn't only buy them though, I'd rather own most of my silver investments in just standard bullion.

80,000 tons have been mined since it was last at 26.

Numismatic coins very rarely lose all of their value. Especially proofs and proof sets. While you may not hit above retail you will definitely be able to recoup 75% to 85% of the value and will have something that will retain value if spot crashes.

How much was used and non-recoverable?

>it will take a much longer time to sell
exactly my point you need to find a buyer while with bullion you can sell it to anyone pretty much.
>if spot crashes
most investors will try to sell on top of a bubble tho.

Think I am gonna buy 10-20 5 oz Sunshine Silver Bar. Someone tell me I am an idiot?

Wish I had bought more. It was so stable and low for like a year, and now it's probably gonna trend up too high.

Get government minted coins bro, no one wants that nasty cheap shit

Is there an actual difference?

>Sunshine Silver Bar
Yes, its easier to resell government minted coins, and you will never get spot for that cheap shit

You don't necessarily need to only buy government minted ones, but at least buy from mints that are on good delivery list from LBMA.

fireworks early

This is what I bought April-June this year.

monkey coin.
i have these.

Well, I cant find anything stating that sunshine mint is shit other than it not being on that list. I pulled the trigger before getting replies, so now I guess I should ask if its worth it to cancel the order with jmb?

I love those, but I didnt get into silver when those were out.

I started during year of the snake. I havent been able to find any decently priced dragons.

I do have the year rabbit and tiger, along with snake through monkey.

>you will never get spot for that cheap shit

sure you will, unless youre selling to some shady pawn shop

silver is silver

well, its not that bad. When I started buying silver I did the same thing, but as I accumulated more I realized that 1 oz goverment minted coins always keep their mark-up, and the mark-up actually increases too

So when I needed cash once I sold the plain bars I had and since then have accumulated pretty much only silver and gold eagles, a maple leaf gold coin, some chinese pandas, etc.. All government minted

The only exception was when I got these pirate coins (pic related) because I wanted some fap material in my bullion collection

So no, I wouldn't cancel an order and pay a fee to do so, also, silver has gone up 1% since you made that order depending when you clicked buy

>if its worth it to cancel the order with jmb?
Keep it.
It's a murrikan mint, and you live in murrika. The lbma list only really matters if you're planning to sell it overseas.

just buy a mining etf you fool...

Does a mining etf get me 100-1000% gains? I dont think so.

Sunshine Mint is perfectly fine silver, pure silver is pure silver and you can always sell it for spot value. People who don't pay spot value are either scammers or fucking retards.

Only have the dragons. I live in bumfuck nowhere and it's hard for me to buy these things.

>tfw you haven't look at your silvers in a while and some of them broke the seal and are oxidized
Storing gold is easier.

Hey, I really appreciate the advice.

Annoyingly enough, after I hemmed and hawed for a minute or so, the price jumped 1080 and change to 1089 and change.

I actually love the coin, it's sexy as and massive. What i didn't want is for her to spend 450 of her dollars on something that's only really worth 1/4 that.

oxidized silver is still worth the same spot value. A PM dealer who says otherwise is either retarded or trying to rip you off.

>a silver coin booster box

crack it open.

Doesnt it kill any numismatic value though? Like his libertad in that guys pic?

I thought you can buff it out

Reposting because I am terrible at proof reading.
Thanks for the advice; I really appreciate it.

I know, just have to clean it.

Wait, libertad have numismatic value? Isn't it just a mexican bullion coin like silver eagles?

>Holding physical metal for any reason other than capital gains based on market fears.

Using TD Webbroker.

I like their new interface desu.