Considering getting into the vape and ecig business. Whats the downside to this Veeky Forums?

Considering getting into the vape and ecig business. Whats the downside to this Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687081/
scientificamerican.com/article/is-nicotine-all-bad/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

5 years too late.

its already flooded, if youre gonna do it find a sizable town (over 6000 people) that has no smoke shops or vape providers

you are getting into the vape and ecig business.

do you really want to risk your money on a hipster meme that gonna die out on 5 years or so ? do you really want to go day to day dealing with hipsters and entitled fags ?

Has any nicotine industry ever died out in the history of the human race?

Really? The industry is just hitting it's growth spurt.
During 2011-2015, e-cigarette use rose from 1.5 percent to 16.0 percent among high school students

Worth noting that the majority aren't using nicotine, either, just flavorings. That's where the money's at.

>Whats the downside?

If you're ok with getting sudden urges to eat cock after opening, then go for it user!

so your entire point is that you will sell legal drugs to addicts ?
you are literally spreading cancer and making money of it

if you seek approvel, you will get none of me
if you seek happiness, hurting others will not make you happy
if you seek glory there is none but dishonor here
if you seek money, you will have your blood money at a heavy price

Obiwan Kenobi everyone, thank you for coming.

A) Doesn't cause cancer
B) Helps people quit smoking
C) Nicotine on its own is not particularly addictive

>if you seek glory there is none but dishonor here
the fuck is this moralfag fedora reddit shit

i like nicotine because it has nootropic properties, helps me think faster

gum is too intense for me so vaping is the next best healthy option

everyone knows that people on Veeky Forums have no morals and will do anything for ROI so fuck off

>morals
Gtfo faggot. I heard r3ddit is a place for ppl like this. Also morals are like opinions everybody has a different one and most of the time id rather shovel up a prick down my own asshole than listening to incompetent fedora bullshit muh moralz

In my city, give or take 45k people.
People have gone from every third or fourth teen-late 20's vaping to now like 1 out of every 30 maybe something even more absurb as to even say like 50?

We've had three vape shops or so quit and one was on our popular/main shop street. Close to wal-mart and gas stations. You know, where those vapers hang out.

I believe it to be dying out bad enough where the only people who are going to be doing it are the people licensing their own flavor to local shops

>sizable town
>over 6000 people

That is barely even a small village, you stupid or something American?

>Nicotine on its own is not particularly addictive
Underage b&: the post

Downsides:
2934289347 people before you had the same idea
A fuckton of regulation is going to be crashing down on this industry sooner or later
Dealing with lowlifes all day every day and all the associated problems that entails

Isolated nicotine really is not, and poses far fewer health risks than cigarettes. Quick googling around would confirm this, However, there still are health risks and addiction potential, its just relatively much less than cigarettes.

your silence speaks voumes

GJ finding an article about cigarettes.
GJ finding an article that doesn't cover any measurable statistic of addiction.
GJ talking about my silence when I closed the thread and went back to check on it on a whim.

Maybe try reading next time? I don't know how I could ever make a point to someone with as little comprehension as you.

By 2021 it will be back to 1.5%

when they're outlawed it'll be closer to 0%

>Isolated nicotine really is not, and poses far fewer health risks than cigarettes. Quick googling around would confirm this, However, there still are health risks and addiction potential, its just relatively much less than cigarettes.
you used vague phrases and made, yourself, no references to source material
I'm not going to waste my time by looking for "any measurable statistic of addiction" because you don't even trust the quote I grabbed from a medical textbook
does this entire board consist of underage frogposters? cuz every thread has stupid faggots like this guy. unless it's just him in every thread

Even if some of what I said was vague your random medical textbook quote was even more vague. The crux of what I said was that "nicotine alone is less addicting and less harmful than cigarettes". That went over your head for whatever reason and you gave a medical quote about cigarettes being bad.
I didn't give any sources because its just some random internet argument, not something I'm investing a whole lot into...

Also calling people who you think are wrong underage and frogposters just makes you look silly and immature.

People saying it's saturated or too late, you realise the growth of ecig users is so fast that in a decade there will be more juice vendors than tobacco? This is the beginning.

Still I wouldn't invest, it's a perfect monopoly your profits are going to converge to zero at the same time.

Obviously someone else has done a decent job of responding to you, but since you were originally referring to my post, I might as well respond.

This was a study done on why they've had such a hard time reinforcing nicotine addiction in a lab study: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687081/

Ultimately what it finds is that while nicotine is addictive, it needs outside help to achieve the levels of addiction we see in tobacco users. There are a great deal of chemicals found in tobacco products that aid in the addiction. This is also why there aren't large numbers of people getting addicted to nicotine patches or gum.

I also think this article from Scientific American is a good summary of the debate on whether or not nicotine is itself harmful, or a useful stimulant like caffeine: scientificamerican.com/article/is-nicotine-all-bad/

>Considering getting into the vape and ecig business. Whats the downside to this Veeky Forums?

This.

I think there is still money to be made, but make sure you open one up in an area where there isn't one or aren't many already.

Just walk into a few dif ecig shops and ask if you can work there. Then once you get a job there, work a few weeks to learn how to do it.

Then open your own.

The fda deeming regulations that just came out and will make the entire industry collapse in 2 years maybe?

Holy shit bro , do your homework

Ill take all the money you would have wasted as a thank you

I doubt they'll collapse the entire industry, but it will make it impossible for the little guy to compete, so you're right on that front.

the downside is being in the vape and ecig business

anyone know a good provider for that vape/ecig stuff? i don't want to make it my main thing but i could add that product at our store. would be nice to do a decent margin of profit on a product of quality. i never tried to buy stuff over at alibaba/aliexpress, i presume they got good prices but i wouldn't want to play with the health of my clients by selling them some botched toxic product.

keked

downside of being a faggot

Nicotine may not be carcinogenic, but it's unknown about most flavorings used. Menthol is recognized as being generally safe to inhale. Anything with a dairy/creamy flavor is known to be carcinogenic. Everything else is up in the air.

You'd probably want to make your own in-house liquids. It's insanely cheap and easy to do so actually. Which is why more and more vapers are doing it themselves. Keep in mind that handling pure nicotine extract is dangerous, if you let it get on bare flesh, or somehow ingest it in larger than normal quantities. It can potentially kill you. So basically wear gloves, and don't even think of offering some super potent liquid (3.5% by volume is about the max) unless you want to end up involved in a string of wrongful death lawsuits. Don't use anything but food grade glycerine and propene glycol either.

Menthol is shown to be the most unhealthy actually. Anything with a dairy or creamy flavor is not carcinogenic, it is only if Diacetyl was added to give it the creamy consistency.

I'm unfortunate enough to work in a Vape shop and that is our understanding.

Or you're giving an addict who otherwise would not stop a healthier alternative.

The hardest part of owning a vape bizzness is telling your parents youre gay.