Vanguard founder Jack Bogle predicts index funds will return only 4% - 5% per year before inflation

>Vanguard founder Jack Bogle predicts index funds will return only 4% - 5% per year before inflation

Is couch potato investing just a meme now that the global economy is permanently sluggish?

Other urls found in this thread:

expirebox.com/download/f50dad1b950761ff74c5f716f47eec94.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too many variables to accurately predict something that long term

Investing itself is slowly becoming a meme

There have been several bills introduced over the years that have been trying to

It's only a matter of time before a combination of Bernout politicians and stagnant growth start matching inflation.

At that point, your only hope is to be reinvesting all of your income into things that actively make money, such as a business.

trying to what?

>in the next decade
who cares

Got distracted and came back

Trying to tax mutual funds and index funds

Overpriced mutual fund fees are going to go the way of the dodo thats for damn sure

Man fuck Bernie

so he's saying that by trading for two weeks, im halfway to a year's gains? thats depressing

Nice. Also, stealing that excel sheet layout

ill expect my royalty check in two weeks.

here's what i use to comfortably manage just about everything. built it over time and during a slow day at work. i need to learn the functions to retrieve internet data better, the current stock price function is shit but it works.

need to update a couple things this weekend

Dude very nice. I really should make something like this

Not a meme, swing as everyone is hating on Wall Street now you'll be a hipster to get in now.

The world economy is slowing down because government has realized it decides if they stay in power or not. Therefore they can't just stop fucking with it and letting it run on it's own

>pills
made me laugh ngl

crohn's is a bitch, man

can you share the actual file template?

Yes, Especially when trading memestocks will pull you 20-25% a month

half-hour, gonna go grab a whopper and onion rings, ill upload a copy for ya

expirebox.com/download/f50dad1b950761ff74c5f716f47eec94.html
basically, adjust the values for your own. as for the stock price retriever function, it's shit. go to the stocks tab, change the URL to whatever stock ticker symbol you want to watch, click okay, then right-click and refresh.

maybe ill spend some time tomorrow looking into an alternative function. if you find something better, please tell

oh shit, i think i found something. rightclick on the stock ticker link, edit data range, set to refresh every 1 minute.

theres probably a better way if you want to watch more than a handful of symbols, but its fine for my purposes.

>At that point, your only hope is to be reinvesting all of your income into things that actively make money, such as a business.

...or just bring back dividends as the primary profit driver in investments as was the original intention before it turned into glorified gambling. You don't have to actually run a business to become a major shareholder in a small-ish local business and sit on the board.

So this will make early retirement (i.e.: not more than 40 years old) quite unfeasable? That's a fucking bummer.

Who the fuck is Jack Bogle?? Big fucking deal. Some dude named Bogle. Here's my question: What kind of car does he drive?

Yes. The markets are going to be lame for the next few years, companies are tapped out for growth and equities are inflated because of the flight of cash into equities under Fed QE policies.

All my Vanguard stocks have been lame this year and we're making a whopping 1%.

You're going to have to be more clever if you want to make money.

It's doable, you're just playing on hard mode.

But the funny thing is, you're still better off than standard 65+ retirees. With something like a 50% savings rate, over a 15 year horizon, the contribution from a couple % return is much less important (vs. the raw dollars you save) than when you're contributing $fuckall over 40 years.

>expirebox.com/download/f50dad1b950761ff74c5f716f47eec94.html
thanks for this and nice work, dling as well