Millenials are ruining it for everyone

I'm 22 years old and just starting to go job hunting, however Millennials are ruining the work place.

They are lazy and have a level of self gratitude and validation that is off the charts, asking for higher salaries based on loyalty, creating a "better" culture in the workplace, and constantly complaining. Now any and all HR/ Managers that I interview with seem to have this skepticism that I am also lazy and feel the need to be rewarded for it.

When will this stop? It hasn't happened often yet, but a good amount of interviews went from good to trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical millennial trash.

U mad bro?

Great generalization you got there OP.

Let me call my buddy, he's an expert on generalizations.

>When will this stop? It hasn't happened often yet, but a good amount of interviews went from good to trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical millennial trash.
>trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical millennial trash.
>how I'm not like their typical millennial trash.
>I'm not like "their" typical millennial trash.
>I'm like "their" typical millennial trash.

Fixed.

>like their typical millennial trash.
>their typical millennial trash.
>typical millennial trash.
>millennial trash.
>trash.

now fixed

try r9k

Holy fuck. You know why they ask for loyalty bonuses? Because employers are fucking cunts, and have far too much money for what they do.

Yes, some businesses work hard and struggle, and thus can't pay their staff bonuses. But you know what's true about those businesses? They're failures. They're usually inherited by some boomer whose daddy did all the hard work. By some useless son who now thinks because he sits looking at xhamster in his office all day he's qualified to complain about all the millenials in his business.

Yes there are shit millenials. There always have been shit workers. But business owners and their managerial slave force are often way worse.

If you run a business, be just, not fair. Accept the faults of others, to an extent, because you need to understand nobody gives two shits about you really. Self-preservation is the name of the game, and you need to know that if you want to make money off the backs of other people, no matter how inferior you might consider them to be.

Oh fuck off, user, not all of us are awful.
Though some are, yes.

get your boss to start smoking more often. buy them a motorcycle. anything to speed things up.

>trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical millennial trash

And by doing this, you show that you are EXACTLY like your typical millennial trash.

>It's a crying he was born when he was episode

Having been on a large number of interviews, I constantly get asked questions like, "How good are you at showing up on time?" and "Do you consider yourself to be someone who can follow directions?" I tell them yes, that they shouldn't even have to ask, and they look delighted.

Then they turn me down because Suzy from HR's nephew really needed a job, or because I came off as someone who wouldn't enjoy the mandatory company picnics, and then wonder why their workers are all shitheads.

OP, sorry to break it to you but you're one of us

Facile category that makes me better than people in category.

what occurred tom me too typical millennial trash complaining about other millennial trash as millennial trash predisposed to do.

>wahhh wahh why was I born in le rong generashun

make fun all you want but bad times are ahead of us. western demographic composition says so. maybe robotics will save us or we end up in world war III over resources and that checks the population and make grounds for regrowth.

Asking for a loyalty raise used to be common

Now employers are shitheads who can't retain talent

>complaining about laziness when you're fucking 22 and just starting to find a job

lmao are u phukkin srs?

I work with millennials as a millennial. They're pretty shit, but it's easy to distinguish yourself from the field when it's a dung heap.

Millennials might be bad, but boomers are the same if not worse, except they are all miserable and have no skills to boot.

you millenial white cucks deserve to be racemixed out of existence. modern white kids are so pathetic its no wonder white chick love niggers now.

good riddance

>its a boomer has no actual skills and is in charge solely based on seniority episode

>asking for higher salaries based on loyalty,
lulwut.jpg

didn't read the rest, idiot boomer typing.

>I'm 22 years old and just starting to go job hunting
>a good amount of interviews went from good to trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical millennial trash
you can't blame millennials on your autism and incompetence

>Waiting until you're 22 to start job hunting
>Other millennials will have between 3 and 6 years of previous work experience on you.

>Muh special snowflake.

>and just starting to go job hunting
Wait until you've worked a few years like these millennials you're slating

See where your 'Im not lazy like everyone else' attitude gets you

They all started off like you. After a while you'll realise that being an employee isn't meritocratic.

You get paid for your time. Sure, sucking the boss' dick and doing unpaid overtime might get you a promotion in 10 years time, but so what? There's easier ways of making money, they're just not as safe as being an employee.

>tfw you realize work ethic doesn't matter but getting buddy-buddy with whomever controls your salary does

I've had a few jobs where I had very little work to do due to mismanagement. Many times it felt like I was in the office for no other reason than to waste my time. Really pissed me off because I had so many ideas for projects during the day but no energy to do anything after hours.

>Boomers are ruining it for everyone

>I'm 58 years old and just getting ready for retirement, however Boomers are ruining the work place.

>They are lazy and have a level of self gratitude and validation that is off the charts, asking for higher salaries based on loyalty, adding "experience" to the workplace, and constantly complaining. Now any and all HR/ Managers that I interview with seem to have this skepticism that I am also lazy and feel the need the need to be rewarded for it.

>When will this stop? It hasn't happened often yet, but a good amount of interviews went from good to trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical boomer trash.

Your argument is worthless OP. All you have to do is change a few words and suddenly it works for any group of people.

>I'm 22 years old and just starting to go job hunting

Maybe you come off as an asshole and that's why you have to explain yourself?

>He gets on his knees in front of his next hopeful employer.
>"Now, why dont you tell me why I should hire you as opposed to everyone else who comes in here?"
>You pull down his zipper and are astonished by his girth, stunning you and turning you into a stuttering wreck.
>"I, I, umm...I'm n-not like your typical millennial trash."
>"Oh no? Why dont you show me what makes you so different?"
>You continue trying to explain: "Well, everyone else is lazy and has a level of self-gratitude that..."
>"No, no." He interrupts. "I said....SHOW ME."
>"Yes, sir...Its just, everyone else is asking for higher salaries based on loyalty, and I..."
>He sighs and his erection goes soft.
>"We're done here." He says, matter-of-factly.
>"Did I do good?" You ask, naively.
>"Im afraid not." He shakes his head.
>"What could I do to improve?" You stutter, on the verge of crying.
>"Next time, you should bring kneepads."

maybe in Europe, but the US has some of the most favorable demographics of any nation on earth. We also have the unique ability to draw in and easily integrate the best and brightest from around the world.

>a good amount of interviews went from good to trying to explain to them how I'm not like their typical millennial trash.
This sounds like a you problem.

how the fuck would you graduate college 3 to 6 years earlier?
>inb4 flipping burgers is job experience

>Just starting to go job hunting
So how the fuck do you know what millennials are like in the workplace when you haven't worked with any of them?
Also, how are you literally only starting to look for jobs at 22? The fuck have you been doing with your life?

How old are you?
At what age did you start working?
What position are you at now?

Bonus Question
Are you happy?

I am probably ruining it for people because I have been applying to jobs with ridiculous stuff lately because every application is fucking boring and I am fed up with looking for a job so I am just having fun now.

Recently had to fill in an "alternate name" for some reason and put Otto Von Bismarck. I have also been a chief banana inspector, pillow tester, professional cat wrangler, noose tester, reverse psychology suicide prevention, apple polisher, dog masseur, professional tapist, etc. Literally anything stupid I can thibk of I put down.

If and when I get interviews I show up in either basketball shorts or swimning trunks and a t-shirt. I am always hot so I wear shorts all the time. I am tempted to get a kilt (and eventually will anyway because I want to compete in the highland games around here) in my [grandma's] clan's colours and wear that with one of those bonnie hats with the pompom on it.

I have been told several times that I have left an interesting and memorable first impression. Inside I am dying though because it's soul crushing tedium.

>reverse psychology suicide prevention
stitches

what is age tree?
>US has some of the most favorable demographics of any nation on earth
not really afghanistan is way better for example us age tree looked a hell of a lot better in 1990 than now now it doesn't look like a pyramid but a giant long turd with shittons of pensioners.
shit times are ahead of you too.

underrated kek

>work in IT

I've never worked somewhere longer than 2 years because I get offers that are always at least 5-7k higher in salary and I ask for a 5k raise get told 'no' and then quit the next week.

I honestly can't imagine what the business world is going to be like in 20 years.

Wew lad, where do I start?

I worked in 7-8 places and most millenials were better than fine. Westerner EU and those coming from big cities are usually more self-centered thus bitchy and seeking gratitude.

Asking for a raise based on loyalty is understandable. I work at a place for 5 years and I receive nothing but the regular agreed wage, for all those 5 years? What about the changing political spectrum, me growing as a person, having a family, the business booming, changing monetary system/decrease of purchasing power, etc etc.

Present yourself better if you don't want to be seen as a lazy shitstain. I wager you don't even appear in a full-suit because "no one else does it".

Kind of agree with this dude here.

Trying to get into IT, what do you do?

Clan colours are a marketing fad desu laddy

t. actual scottish person not a 'muh heritage' amerifat

Yeah, I know. I just figure it'd be better than anything else and literally everyone does it here in the states due to "muh heritage." Kind of reminds me of the people that claim Irish ancestry when they're maybe 3% potato nigger and just drink a lot of shit beer and go insane on St. Patrick's day.

>>r9k

>dog masseur
Youre a hero

You were six years old in the year 2000. You are part of the problem.

>22
I started my first job at 19. Even if you work hard and put in a little more effort than normal, it means nothing. Your connections and who you know are what employers and managers care about. You may get a compliment at the least and at best, you keep the job. Otherwise, those bratty kids know people. They can be shitty and still be well off based on who they know.

Welcome to the workforce.

>How old are you?
>At what age did you start working?
16, the legal age in my state. Worked at a zoo for 2 years, spent senior year as the IT intern at my high school, spent 3 of the next 4 years at IT through a school work study and some outside contracting at the same job. Spent 2 after that at a corporate company for a pay bump, left when it turned into a glorified call center
>What position are you at now?
Release Engineer, making 80k.

>Are you happy?
No, my friends and family didn't take life seriously and dozens of them are declining from lower-middle class to lower class.

>I've never had a real job
>now let me tell you how other people are ruining the entirety of the corporate environment

>he didn't get internships when he was in school

You have got to be joking.

And don't come back with some trash about how "internships aren't good experience" or some bullshit. You know as well as I do that it's not about valuable experience, it's about brown-nosing and dicksucking. It's all a game, and being bad at playing the game is no different than not bothering to play at all, from the employer's perspective. If you didn't get internships in college, you're not a team player, and no one wants you on their team (surprise, surprise). Don't like it? That's fine, just go into work for yourself. No one said you have to work for an F500; you're just the one who feels like they have no choice but to work for one because you have no creativity, ambition, or self-confidence.

Same here man, I'm a simple man. I show up to work on time and do my job. Just don't expect me to cut corners or work in unsafe conditions and we won't have a problem. Follow the fucking labour laws and shit will go smoothly.

I started working when I was 8 years old, delivering newspapers on the streets in my area and continued to do so till I was 18. Worked in a green house during the summer when I was 14. Worked 3 summers at a printing place at ages 15-17. Graduated high school with 35 grand in my pocket. All I can say is the people my age in the work force were fucking retarded.

You are a millenial

>How old are you?
>At what age did you start working?
15, I was a lifeguard for ~5 years, then transitioned to office work as a peer academic advisor (and also did sysadmin work on the side). I worked my way into leadership/management positions in every job I worked on the way up.
>What position are you at now?
I'm a project manager for an F500.
>Are you happy?
Nobody's life is perfect bliss, but yeah, I'm reasonably happy. I'm not going to pretend that I've worked harder than anyone else around me to get where I am, but I hold my own, and have specialized skills that only 2-3 others in this organization have. I'm fairly fortunate to have been given the opportunity I have, but I did a lot to earn my place too.

I think this is where my problem is. I can be a team player but I am not going to suck my bosses cock to get on his good side.
want me to stay late? Fucking pay me overtime.
Want me to come in on weekends. Pay me overtime.
All I hear is how I take too long to do something because jimmy did it faster. Meanwhile his work looks like your grandpa's asshole and mine looks mint. Also I'm not going to risk my life and do illegal unsafe work practices to please my boss and thus I don't mesh well with certain employers because they just see dollar signs and nothing else.

I have a job, and am thinking about doing this just for shits & giggles.

>Meanwhile his work looks like your grandpa's asshole and mine looks mint.
If quality is not the goal, don't strive for perfect to satisfy someone else. "good enough" is usually just that.

Other than that, well, the hours and stuff, as well as the safety concerns, make it seem like you're in some sort of labor job, where you probably get paid by the hour. With that in mind, you're doing the right thing even though it's tough to stick up for yourself in those situations.

However, you're probably not doing the little things right. Believe me when I say your manager will gloss over you leaving early on Friday much more easily if you had a good conversation about something non-work-related in the past week.

It sucks, but being sociable is way more important than being a good worker drone. Being a good drone will keep you from getting fired; being a fun person will put you on the management track, no matter how many days you stay late or come in early.

Get your work done, but just as importantly, don't pass up an opportunity to connect with your boss & your boss's boss.

I'm a cynical person like the rest, but I've never laughed so hard in my life.

You're welcome to do it yourself.

>Veeky Forums
>WAAAAH WAAAAH BOOMERS R DUM DEY TAKE ALL GOOD JOBS AND MONEY
>Omg! Don't insult millieals you problematic shitlord! We're hip and trendy and DESERVE these good positions!

Fuck millenials. I never hesitate to shit on them

[spoiler] faggot [spoiler]

>Apply for job at Morgan Stanley
>"The industry is getting younger. We need young folks like you!"
>Get the job with zero hassle

Wew senpai. Have you considered you're just a shitty interviewer/person?

t. third floor jani

Coincidentally, my desk is on the 3rd floor.