Okay so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function as well as give you a wider vocabulary etc...

Okay so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function as well as give you a wider vocabulary etc etc.

Does the same thing apply to reading Veeky Forums and Reddit posts 24:7?

I might no read books. It I'm constantly reading threads throughout the day. That's got to be the same as reading books? No?

>I might no read books. It I'm constantly reading threads throughout the day.

Checks out.

>might no read books. It I'm constantly reading threads throughout the day.

Auto correct phew.

read a short book and feel if it's the same as reading the Internet

No. The opposites true.

It lowers your ability to think in complex ways and hardwires your reward system with tiny dopamine tushes to make you spastic

Try medium or aome other longform article sites

Books are published works which take a lot of hours to produce. I certainly don't put that same level of thought into Veeky Forums posts. Can't speak for everyone tho maybe they've been writing these for years and has them sent to an editor.

So reading books with a low level of complexity such as Harry Potter can actually decrease your ability?

>Okay so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function
not if it was written by an american or indian
it will only make you dumber

>Does the same thing apply to reading Veeky Forums and Reddit posts 24:7?
This thread is substantial evidence that it doesn't.

>That's got to be the same as reading books?
Tai Lopez told me you have to read the books in his garaage.

Nice sources faggot

>there are actually cucks on here who read what another man writes

probably the same cucks that pay commissions

Is that Elliot Roger's older normie brother?

S-s-stop my ETRADE is more reliable.

These threads derail so fast.

Causation vs correlation.

One who has a propensity for reading books is likely to be intelligent.

I don't think you're looking at this fairly.

With Veeky Forums posts, you have to develop the ability to construct a witty and topical reply very quickly in order to get your post read within the window of perfect comedic timing to when the thread 404's. That is a sort of skill that you never develop when writing books.

Presuming anyone reads the post

Depends on what you look at. If you are looking at the same retarded posts all day, it does nothing to help you. If you consistently read well thought out posts involving buisness and finance tips or articles from professionals who arent going "The economy is rigged" you have a higher chance of learning something.

>so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function as well as give you a wider vocabulary

Since i stopped reading books often (and writing shit for that matter) when i finished highschool, i have deffinately noticed my vocabulary and ability to articulate have both gotten worse.

Do you think this still applies to people who are done physically growing i.e. adults over age 25

Thanks for the (you) retard