My bitcoin has been unconfirmed since 6/24 1:54 A.M

My bitcoin has been unconfirmed since 6/24 1:54 A.M.

It was the first time i got bitcoin and didnt know i had to send a fee.

I always send fee's now but is my money recoverable from the first time?

The blockchain.info said it was relayed from kansas to a whole bunch of different other countries in europe and then it said it was rejected and pruned from their database.

Then today it says its back in kansas.

Am I ever going to see my 0.1899 bitcoin again?

bump

you need to double spend it
it's not hard to do so
first you need to stop advertising your transaction, then clear unconfirmed transactions,
then re-scan your bitcoins from the blockchain

your missing bitcoins then will show up. and you can sign a new transaction for them.

with bitcoin-qt do this
bitcoin-qt -zapwallettxes=1
bitcoin-qt -rescan

can you put it in laymans terms for a simpleton?

i dont know how to re-scan and how exactly do i double spend?

i used bitcoin core to send it to electrum

do i have to type commands into a console?

yep bitcoin-qt is bitcoin core in other names
use command line

do i use my computers command line or the bitcoin command line?

i did it from the windows console i think you can run different commands from the bitcoin core console.

just locate your bitcoin-qt.exe and execute from that dir

ok and how do i execute a double spend? i have no bitcoin on bitcoin core btw

it takes a while for the client to do some things once it started and doesn't appear to be doing anything then you can move on to the next step.
third step is hopefully send all your coins from that wallet to a new one make the client deduct fee from the sum so nothing remains.

your transaction that doesn't confirm was not from bitcoin core? cause then i can't help you other clients have other tricks. you can also do the stuff online from a browser but you have to give away your private key then. leap of faith.

it was from bitcoin core but my current balance is zero because the unconfirmed transaction is unavailable to me

do i double spend then do the command lines or do i do the command lines and then do the double spend?

and also how do i double spend when my balance is zero?

yes then do as i said execute the commands in order wait for completition and hopefully you will see them again.

worked for me once.

so just copy and paste those commands in the windows console and just wait?

your balance will not be zero you spend it normally but with higher prio (higher fees) this transaction is the "double spend" and it will confirm before the other. this is called a double spend attack if done for malicious purposes.
but you are just recovering your coins.

when you run one of them bitcoin core will start it will do stuff then start looking normally, you quit then run the next one.

so close bitcoin core, do the first command line, it will open up bitcoin core, then i close it and run the second command?

yes but like i said it can take some time, first will most likely be instantaneous unless it rescans on it's own. you will see if it rescans. if doesn't run the second.

it says the command: bitcoin-qt -zapwallettxes=1 isnt recognized

locate the exe then run from that dir most likely not in your path.

i found the place with the exe but what do you mean run from the dir? how?

cd "dir that has bitcoin-qt.exe in it"
bitcoin-qt -dostuff

???????????????????

im not that tech savvy that looks like chinese to me

i appreciate the help but i'm just not getting it. i knew getting into bitcoin was a bad idea. it's for tech savvy people only which is why its having a hardtime going mainstream. the average person shouldnt have to understand code to get their money back

can anyone else put this in laymans terms for me?

anytime someone tries to help me it doesnt work and no one can explain this well enough to me.

treat me like an old person who just figured out how to use email.

i know some things but not well enough to decipher this code language

that's funny cause i tried to dumb it down to a layman. here a screenshot.

did it once and it said access denied. did it again and now it doesnt even recognize it as a command

an other thing you can do bytheway and this is a neat trick is drag your bitcoin-qt.exe on the console window it will write the full path for your exe in and you have to just copy paste the option part. it should work.

>access denied
that's weird it could mean a few things 1) you are doing something wrong best post a screenshot of what you are trying to do with the error message, 2) you need to run the console as administrator but first let's make sure you are trying to do the right thing.

it doesnt do anything when i drag the .exe file into the console window.....

well you should seek help from someone you trust and knows his basic command line tricks. show him this thread, and he will probably solve it for you.

and this is why bitcoin isn't mainstream. hopefully mcafee can change this.

im just gonna take my loss and never get into btc again. ill always tell people never to get into it just hoard gold and silver. this is really stupid. btc will never go mainstream if this is how difficult this is. too frustrated to even care anymore

if you are willing to take the loss, and you don't have other coins on that address send the wallet to me, i will send your coins to your new address for a 10% fee.

You have to be pretty retarded when a coin that is primarily used by criminals (low iq) is too hard for you to understand. For 0.189btc you shouldn't even be getting technical support, it's a nights drinking money get over it.

this is not even about understanding bitcoin.
it's basic computer skills that should be taught at elementary.

you don't need to understand shit to follow the instructions laid out.
it's more of the clients mess than anything imo, they could have just made 2 button that says zapwallettxes and rescan in some maintenance window.

Op is probably attempting to spread FUD, even when you don't send a fee with your bitcoins it will eventually confirm after a day or two

If for some reason it doesn't confirm the bitcoin returns to you, I know op is spreading fud because he said he sent it June 24. Two + weeks without a confirmation. Yeah ok schlomo goldbergstein.

>Goldman Sachs has sent $.02 to your paypal for your honorable anti-bitcoin shilling

i waited like more than a week before i had enough waiting.
it's not true that it will confirm eventually. some transactions never confirm.